Something I've been struggling with

5,516 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Zobel
Quad Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Larry Lajitas said:

mesocosm said:

Jbob04 said:

Here lately, I've been thinking that God has given up on us as a country and world. I feel we've become so sinful and evil that he is sitting back and letting us destroy ourselves. I don't see this country ever becoming a Christian nation or even a united nation anymore.

We are not a Christian nation and thank god for that. We are a free, secular nation with a separation of church and state. This is a good thing - especially for religious people. So you can stop your hand-ringing
There's a lot to this comment but for starters Jesus called out this concept of separation of church and state long before our founding fathers. You know the famous verse. So you can literally thank God for that.

One of the interesting things I've noticed about Christians on here vs secular humanists is that Christians generally know their history, at least many lessons and ethical systems shown in Judeo-Christian beliefs that of course led to the birth of western civilization. However I've never once seen a secular humanist pull out the Humanist Manifesto from the 1930s. Lol probably because the majority don't know it exists and nobody actually lives in a belief structure that contains no real meaning.
Christians are just as much in denial about their history as every other group. As we constantly see on this board with all of the Christian in-fighting on subjects that should be pretty firmly established, they can't even agree what their history is.
LonghornDub
Jbob04 said:

Here lately, I've been thinking that God has given up on us as a country and world. I feel we've become so sinful and evil that he is sitting back and letting us destroy ourselves. I don't see this country ever becoming a Christian nation or even a united nation anymore.
How can you be so negative when God gave us Texas?
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

texag_89
Jbob04 said:

Jbob.... I never post at the Politics board and besides today, I have not posted on the R&P board in a long time, but I will take my one and only Politics board post and paste it here and make it for the R&P board and I hope you enjoy it as it perfectly addresses your OP:

_________
(This was me replying to a poster over there) "Better yet, an SPPX chapel and you won't have to wonder why that FSSP Priest can offer the Mass of Ages, but yet still not condemn the The Rupture that is V2.

Ya, I know take it to the R&P Board....

However, therein lies the main crux, or as St. Thomas teaches, the Ultimate Cause of what we are seeing today:

There is - or should be - no separation of Politics (ie: The State), Religion and Philosophy..... Not only should they be the same board here on TA, but they should be, and at one time were, 3 parts of the same Rule under the Social Kingship of Christ.

The State should always defer to the Church and Philosophy forms the framework in which Faith and Reason support and compliment one another.

When relativism and "equality" of Beliefs rule the day then you really have no beliefs whatsoever.

Welcome to the predictable, ultimate end of a Democracy founded on Masonic and Deistic foundations where the Public and Private matters of men were separated and spread 1000 miles wide and 1 inch deep.

Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi, Lex Vivendi.

When that fails to be the rule of the day, it is just a matter of time until society implodes."
________

So, there you have it... who woulda thunk it that separating the Public and Private matters of men might not work out so well.

Who would have ever thought that an agnostic public sphere would not end up breeding what we see today despite the "freedom" to practice your heretical religion as you wished and not as Our Lord left to his Bride, The Church, on earth.

Who would of thunk it that maybe the purpose of Government after all is to Promote Virtue, Foster the Salvation of Souls and ultimately, along with the Church, uphold the Rights of the Social Kingship of Christ as was the case during the period of 1000+ years, generally, known as Christendom.

Naw, that would not have ever worked.

TexasAggie81
mesocosm said:

Jbob04 said:

We are not a Christian nation and thank god for that. We are a free, secular nation with a separation of church and state. This is a good thing - especially for religious people. So you can stop your hand-ringing

Jefferson, a Deist, mentioned God in the Declaration of Independence 5 times. All from a man who did not adhere to mainstream religious beliefs most people held in that period. However, he was fully on board with providing for religious freedom, as evidenced by many of his pre- and post-presidential works on a statewide basis in Virginia. I do find it interesting that nowhere in the Constitution is God mentioned, although most but not all of the signers of that amazing document were believers.
Bryanisbest
AG
There are numerous examples of God turning Israel over to their enemies, like Rome and Babylon, etc, as a corrective measure. His purpose in this is redemption. Yes, dermdoc, God is love, always love.
FrecklesDad
AG
God can redeem anyone or any country for that matter. In fact, I would say that he desires that. He almost always gives a warning to repent before he did anything drastic. Our country has been blessed by God, but we as a country have turned our backs on God. He will give us smoke time to repent, but just like Israel, if we do not repent, his judgment can be harsh.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Jbob04 said:

I definitely believe we are seeing a reprobate society have what it wants, per Romans 1:26-30. This world is dying and it can be most discouraging when it seems like we as believers are truly an isolated remnant, but I am encouraged by God's revelation to Elijah in 1 Kings 19 (whenever he fled from Ahad and Jezebel into the wilderness, thinking he was alone after the altars had been torn down and the prophets killed by the sword). God showed Elijah he had still reserved 7,000 in Israel that had not bowed the knee to Baal. I'm always edified whenever other believers such as yourself are discerning of the times. Take extreme solace knowing that the sovereign God that declared the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10) chose you from before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4 and Romans 8:29) to be salt and light during the chaotic and unprecedented times (like Esther in Esther 4:14, we were chosen for "such as time as this").

Meditate on these words from John's Gospel, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

If you get an hour this week, this sermon might be of great encouragement:

(Pastor J.D. Farag of Calvary Chapel Kaneohe, Hawaii)
S.A. Aggie
AG
God hasn't forgotten about us or given up. Remember the book of Revelations? He has a plan. Stay in His word and live your life for Him. You will be fine!
S.A. Aggie
AG
God hasn't forgotten about us or given up. Remember the book of Revelations? He has a plan. Stay in His word and live your life for Him. You will be fine!
S.A. Aggie
AG
S.A. Aggie
AG
Zobel
AG
It's Revelation.
It's Revelation.
It's Revelation.
It's Revelation.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.