On line church services

2,225 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by diehard03
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are no fun.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTExan
I know. We watched 2 this morning: one from my Assembly of God Church (staff only present) and later one from my wife's old Methodist church in Issaquah, WA.

Both were actually quite good but I miss communion.
americathegreat1492
I've been thinking of buying a portable reclining chair to take with me to church. Only way it doesn't wipe me out. In the mean time I try to watch streamed liturgies.
mesocosm
AG
dermdoc said:

Are no fun.
Can't be any worse than being there in person
dermdoc
AG
mesocosm said:

dermdoc said:

Are no fun.
I love being at my church. Guess we are just different. God bless you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frok
AG
I had to help with my service so I was one of 8 people in the onsite congregation today. It was weird.
LonghornDub
I have 3 regular events each week: Church with brunch afterward, Tuesday lunch with five other old f***s, and golf on Wednesday mornings. All I got left is golf. It's weird. This too shall pass.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

mwm
The staff at our church put together a great on-line service this morning, but I sure missed being with my brothers & sisters.
Post removed:
by user
TXAGEE
AG
I haven't attended church, in person or otherwise, in at least ten years. I'm Facebook friends with my church youth director from more than 30 years ago, and I saw a post from him last night stating that his church was going to be holding worship services online only until the dust settles.

I just watched a full service online and felt the Holy Spirit. It feels great! I hope pray it's a personal revival for me so I can share Christ with my family. I've been woefully derelict in my responsibilities as a husband and father.
Frok
AG
Hallelujah! Listen to Him especially right now during this season of fear. Go read the gospels online.

dermdoc
AG
Praise the Lord! And it does feel good when the Spirit moves inside of you.
diehard03
Quote:

I just watched a full service online and felt the Holy Spirit. It feels great! I hope pray it's a personal revival for me so I can share Christ with my family. I've been woefully derelict in my responsibilities as a husband and father.

Bring them along with you. It might be tough sledding if you try and tell them they need Christ when you're so new in your faith. However, a "lets look into this together" approach can bear fruit.

And don't worry. We are all woefully derelict.
swimmerbabe11
UTExan
78681AG said:

I haven't attended church, in person or otherwise, in at least ten years. I'm Facebook friends with my church youth director from more than 30 years ago, and I saw a post from him last night stating that his church was going to be holding worship services online only until the dust settles.

Praying for you and your family to fully know Christ's mercy and your Heavenly Father will run with open arms to meet you!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TXCityGirl
I'm looking for a church with a female pastor to watch online or listen to via a podcast. If you have any recommendations for this, please reply.
swimmerbabe11
I cant actually help you with this, but just curious.. why are you hoping specifically for a female preacher?
Win At Life
AG
Because she's succumbed to the spirit of jezzabelle, duh.
mesocosm
AG
dermdoc said:

mesocosm said:

dermdoc said:

Are no fun.
Could not be more different
diehard03
Quote:

I cant actually help you with this, but just curious.. why are you hoping specifically for a female preacher?

It's possible that shes not making some grand theological statement, but merely looking for a female pastor teacher she can relate to.

edit: to prevent the inevitable nonsense about female pastors.
AgDotCom
My wife and I stopped going to church a couple of years ago. Reason: out of an hour and 20 minute service, maybe 5 minutes was spent on the Word of Truth. The rest has become a social club.

Sundays we now watch online, a bible church in Connecticut. Hour and 15 minute service, easily 50 minutes spent on scripture. Every night, we watch a 30 minute bible study with a farmer in Oklahoma. On random nights we may pick from a buffet of programs we have bookmarked over the past 5 or 6 years, we're also fascinated with bible prophecy. It's been awesome doing this with my wife. It amazes me how if you'll just spend time in the word, you'll find it more interesting and entertaining than anything network TV or Hollywood has to offer.

I grew up Baptist, my wife Methodist. After we got married we went to my Baptist church, then later to a bible church in College Station. Personally, I'm not a big fan of man made religion. If you are, I certainly respect everyone's choice. and I'm not going to persuade them otherwise.

We may start looking for a church again, but not until I fully study and resolve in my mind the Alexandria text vs. Antioch text debate, then decide which Bible version a church is using and which I'm ok with. Which is another can of worms altogether.
dermdoc
AG
mesocosm said:

dermdoc said:

mesocosm said:

dermdoc said:

Are no fun.
Could not be more different

And that is okay
dermdoc
AG
That is a great story
diehard03
Quote:

My wife and I stopped going to church a couple of years ago. Reason: out of an hour and 20 minute service, maybe 5 minutes was spent on the Word of Truth. The rest has become a social club.

Sundays we now watch online, a bible church in Connecticut. Hour and 15 minute service, easily 50 minutes spent on scripture. Every night, we watch a 30 minute bible study with a farmer in Oklahoma. On random nights we may pick from a buffet of programs we have bookmarked over the past 5 or 6 years, we're also fascinated with bible prophecy. It's been awesome doing this with my wife. It amazes me how if you'll just spend time in the word, you'll find it more interesting and entertaining than anything network TV or Hollywood has to offer.

I grew up Baptist, my wife Methodist. After we got married we went to my Baptist church, then later to a bible church in College Station. Personally, I'm not a big fan of man made religion. If you are, I certainly respect everyone's choice. and I'm not going to persuade them otherwise.

We may start looking for a church again, but not until I fully study and resolve in my mind the Alexandria text vs. Antioch text debate, then decide which Bible version a church is using and which I'm ok with. Which is another can of worms altogether.

If you try hard enough, you can avoid making disciples altogether.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.