R&P Secret Santa - Book Exchange - Numero Dos

8,355 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Frok
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How did you add the text with your handle and interests?
swimmerbabe11
The sign up deadline is the first day of advent.

Figure it out, nerds.
ramblin_ag02
AG
If you go back to the website, there is blue text that lets says "Change your Reply". Click that and there is space to leave a comment under your name
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

If you go back to the website, there is blue text that lets says "Change your Reply". Click that and there is space to leave a comment under your name

Thx for posting this. That was fun to update
Repeat the Line
swimmerbabe11 said:

Bustup isn't on the exchange so far and only the person who gets you sees your address.

Sport poops his pants anytime anyone mentions the R&P book exchange or Houston R&P Meet up. It has less to do with Bustup and more to do with being outed as a fibber.
swimmerbabe11
No Christmas drama allowed.

Only happiness, books, and nerdiness.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AstroAg17 said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Bustup is still around?
Guess which of these posters is him.

I ain't got any dogs in these fights. I'm with swimmy, no drama. Just good Aggie Christmas fun and fellowship.
swimmerbabe11
In the last two weeks, I have read Red Rising, Hard Margic, and I'm seven chapters into Shadow and Claw. After that will be Dune.

Then I will be on hiatus until you people give me more books to read.

I should be cleaning my house for the big tailgate party next weekend, but alas.. one more chapter before I set it down (just like I said two hours ago)

Don't forget to update your wish lists!
swimmerbabe11
Last day to sign up! Draw happens tonight at midnight! I'm so excited!

Just in time, CPH is having a killer sale on books. Esp If you have young ones, the arch books are $5 and $1 and those are great Christian books for lil kiddos.
Cynic
One thing I learned this year, I don't audio book very well. Need to go back and re-read many of the books I listened to.

Currently finishing up some old CS Lewis Sci-Fi, That Hideous Strength.

Yall have fun
swimmerbabe11
Everyone has been paired up!!
DVC2010
AG
This is going to be a doubly-secret Santa for lots of people because there aren't a lot of TexAgs usernames on Elfster.
AgLiving06
I just picked up the second and third Pieper Dogmatic books for a great price.
PA24
swimmerbabe11
One of my clients gave me a gift after her last alterations before her wedding. I told her I was in a religious forum book exchange. She's a Seventh Day Adventist and we had talked a bit about her beliefs, so she got me a book.

schmendeler
AG
My Santa gifts have been ordered.
747Ag
AG
Thanks, *Santa*

schmendeler
AG
Is that about the Jude Law Pope?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Wait? So we go ahead and open gifts? Or wait until Xmas day?
swimmerbabe11
I dont have strong feelings on this, but I also have the self control and patience of a hummingbird, so.... open away
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Look, when the book comes in the Amazon envelope without wrapping paper, you just open it.
PA24
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Look, when the book comes in the Amazon envelope without wrapping paper, you just open it.

Lol. True.

Wife called and asked me what the heck I was ordering on amazon. I said nothing. I haven't bought anything since baby was born. Apparently my Santa ordered 3 books and they all came in same day. (Thanks santa!)

Once I got home I realized what they may be and stuck them under tree then had to explain the book exchange.
DVC2010
AG
Just checking in because someone should have received something on Friday. I'd like to know it didn't get pilfered off of a front porch or something.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I received a couple last week, Thursday or Friday.

Someone should have received one yesterday (email said attempted but no answer, so hopefully they left a note) with another due today or tomorrow.
schmendeler
AG
I got mine today! The new cookbook from Chef Chris Shepherd "Cook Like a Local". Also a subscription to "Milk Street". I'm pumped! Thanks, secret Santa!
DVC2010
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

I received a couple last week, Thursday or Friday.

Someone should have received one yesterday (email said attempted but no answer, so hopefully they left a note) with another due today or tomorrow.

I'm a little worried that this is me. I got a message from Elfster telling me basically this, but there's no sign of a delivery. I'll check with my apartment office tomorrow.
DVC2010
AG
schmendeler said:

I got mine today! The new cookbook from Chef Chris Shepherd "Cook Like a Local". Also a subscription to "Milk Street". I'm pumped! Thanks, secret Santa!

I got Shepherd's book for my birthday, and I really like it! Let us know if any of the recipes really knock it out of the park!
Frok
AG
Shoot, better get on this today. Just can't make a decision.
tehmackdaddy
AG
Be sure to update your lists from last year.
DVC2010
AG
Evidently this was me, but everything showed up. Thanks SoulSlave! All the books in my wishlist were books that people have recommended to me (except for one, which was a passive-aggressive jab at Patrick Rothfuss), so y'all know about as much about these books as I do, but I'm really looking forward to them!

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
schmendeler
AG
My sant-ee's gifts were delivered today. Haven't gotten confirmation that they were received yet, so fingers crossed.
Dumpster Fire
I got my gift in the mail yesterday!

Thanks, Secret Santa!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.