If you could have coffee...

4,547 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dermdoc
Tom Kazansky 2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
XUSCR said:

Not a single Thomas Aquinas?
Word for word what I said in my head.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Same here. Origen and Aquinas for sure. Polycarp's table looks really interesting, though
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
americathegreat1492
Some of the groupings look like people opposed to one another, which is odd if I'm trying to consider a grouping. I'm with Gregory the Theologian and St. John, but I'm not with Arius.
Serotonin
AG
I'll be skipping class and hanging out with the desert fathers at the sandlot outside of town.

I can actually understand them.
94chem
Jonathan Edwards
Isaac Newton
Francis Collins
Boris and Gleb
Forgot the rules... Did I play right?
747Ag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Irenaeus appears to be bi-locating.
94chem
Kay Arthur
Fanny Crosby
Katherine Anne Emmerich (nut job or actual mystic?)
Corrie Ten Boom

dermdoc
AG
Really like your list. Francis Collins would be fascinating.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
88Warrior
John and Charles Wesley
dermdoc
AG
And I would replace Jonathan Edwards with Martin Luther. Not a fan of sinners in the hand of an angry God theology. And I would like to know if Luther really meant for things to go as far as they did.
94chem
dermdoc said:

And I would replace Jonathan Edwards with Martin Luther. Not a fan of sinners in the hand of an angry God theology. And I would like to know if Luther really meant for things to go as far as they did.

You have misread Edwards.
bigcat22
AG
Surprised I haven't seen Calvin mentioned
Zobel
AG
He'll either show up or not either way. It's all predestined.
dermdoc
AG
94chem said:

dermdoc said:

You have misread Edwards.
Do not want to derail but how so? I have read and re read his sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God". I know there were two people at that sermon who were so distraught they committed suicide. The God I have a relationship with through Jesus is nothing like that. And if you believe as I do that Jesus is part of the Trinity and God revealed to mankind, how do you reconcile Edward's words with how Jesus treated sinners? Maybe me but does not compute.
dermdoc
AG
k2aggie07 said:

He'll either show up or not either way. It's all predestined.
I laughed. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.