Meth Dealer Turned Preacher: Drugs Are Witchcraft

1,504 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggrad08
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Pastor Juan Martinez loves to share the gospel of Jesus, but there was a time when he was an evangelist for sin.

By the age of 13, Martinez was addicted to drugs, and not too long after, he started dealing to grownups.

He wound up becoming a major meth distributor in Texas, selling drugs all over the U.S.
"Everywhere I went, I destroyed cities," he says. "I turned great people into prostitutes. A lot of times we just call it drugs, but it's sorcery."

But the more Martinez understood the heart of God and studied His Word, the more he was convinced that Satan was using drugs to seduce people into witchcraft.

"Some people see a witch with a pot," he says. "We can't forget that there's a witchcraft that doesn't wear a hat. And there is an enemy that's not just in red. He looks like a drug dealer."

Link includes his podcast:

https://www.charismanews.com/culture/76395-meth-dealer-turned-pastor-why-drugs-are-straight-witchcraft
PacifistAg
AG
I'm not sure about "witchcraft", but some are certainly borne from evil. I'd be curious as to which ones he's referring to, other than meth. How's he differentiating between good vs bad drugs? Legality seems to be an insufficient way to determine. Addictiveness?

These may be answered in his podcast, but I don't have time to listen at the office today. Thanks for sharing.
UTExan
PacifistAg said:

I'm not sure about "witchcraft", but some are certainly borne from evil. I'd be curious as to which ones he's referring to, other than meth. How's he differentiating between good vs bad drugs? Legality seems to be an insufficient way to determine. Addictiveness?

These may be answered in his podcast, but I don't have time to listen at the office today. Thanks for sharing.
I think his point would be about illicit drug abuse used for recreation rather than therapy, although the current series of lawsuits by states attorneys-general certainly points to the problem with legal opioids, which have been aggressively marketed by pharmaceutical companies in the past.
PacifistAg
AG
UTExan said:

PacifistAg said:

I think his point would be about illicit drug abuse used for recreation rather than therapy, although the current series of lawsuits by states attorneys-general certainly points to the problem with legal opioids, which have been aggressively marketed by pharmaceutical companies in the past.
Yes, I would assume that's his point. If that's the case, I think a blanket "drugs are witchcraft" is probably flawed. I certainly wouldn't put marijuana in that category, but would put legal substances such as opioids. I also have shifted how I view "recreational" usage, because I don't believe most drug usage is recreational at all. I think most, even the hardest drugs, is an attempt by the user to "medicate" some issue. People don't use heroin for no reason. They do it because of some deeper pain in their life. Obviously, that's not a healthy way of dealing with it, but I'm also not comfortable looking at it as though people are using these hard drugs like they are just having a beer at dinner.
schmendeler
AG
I prefer wizardry to witchcraft.
AGC
AG
schmendeler said:

Schmendeler puts on his robe and wizard hat.
PacifistAg
AG
schmendeler said:

schmendeler
AG
AGC said:

schmendeler said:

Schmendeler puts on his robe and wizard hat.
Aggrad08
AG
Which drug is voodoo?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.