Lost my job

5,194 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgDotCom
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pfeh. not the best day. not the worst, at least I have some leads.
PacifistAg
AG
Sorry about that. I'm an HR Manager, so if you want me to circulate your resume with my HR contacts in Houston, please let me know. My email that I use on here is christianpacifist@hotmail.com
Zobel
AG
It's ok, it's for the best for sure. I really appreciate that offer!!
schmendeler
AG
sorry to hear that. good luck to you.
Frok
AG
That sucks. A new door will open for sure. I'll say a quick prayer for you
FightinTexasAggie08
k2aggie07 said:

that sucks man, i hope you find another one asap.
jkag89
Not the funnest time of year to be out of work but nice to see you are not overly bummed about it and have a positive attitude that for the long run it is for the best. Praying that the job search will be short..
Solo Tetherball Champ
I feel you.

It happened to me at the beginning of October. The great irony is that in August I was told that they were considering to promote me to the next team leader as the company had been growing rapidly. I got a couple of different offers and started a new job in November.

You're clearly intelligent so I have no doubt you will get new work soon.
Aggrad08
AG
I know some people at MEP firms around Houston since we work with the same architects. I can ask if any are hiring if you are interested in MEP building design.
Serotonin
AG
Might I suggest looking into becoming a Professor of Theology somewhere?
Zobel
AG
That would be a pretty big career change for me. My background is all rotating equipment. But I very much appreciate the offer. Thank you.
diehard03
Hope you find work quickly and you got some money out of it to tide you over.
tehmackdaddy
AG
k2aggie07 said:

That would be a pretty big career change for me. My background is all rotating equipment.
Mechanical bulls and merry-go-rounds?
dermdoc
AG
Sorry and prayers my friend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
747Ag
AG
k2aggie07 said:

That would be a pretty big career change for me. My background is all rotating equipment. But I very much appreciate the offer. Thank you.
Motors, generators?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Dang. That sucks but kudos for keeping your chin up. Will keep you in prayers and know that you will find something soon.
AgLiving06
Sorry to hear that man.
Win At Life
AG
747Ag said:

k2aggie07 said:

Motors, generators?

Well that, and motors and generators are used to drive big pumps and compressors. That business seems to have been going sideways for a decade now. Financial crisis in 2008, Macondo in 2010, oil collapse in 2014 and it still hasn't really come back strong.
Zobel
AG
My area of experience is turbomachinery - gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors. But I've worked some with motors and generators too.
Zobel
AG
Yeah, add to that the collapse of coal fired generation demands and the collapse in the gas turbine power market. The shale gas boom was actually a boon in some sectors as it caused a huge wave of ethylene plants to be built domestically - billions of dollars in. And now LNG plants are being built. Lots of projects going forward, but yeah 2015-2016 were hard years.
UTExan
k2aggie07 said:

Very sorry to hear. I will be praying for both employment and peace as the Lord leads you into a new season.
swimmerbabe11
I'm very sorry to hear this news. God has a plan even when it doesn't feel like it.

My best advice is to start a routine. Take a week or two to mess around, sleep in, explore Houston, enjoy the opportunity to do whatever you want. But then start a routine. Be productive. Enjoy yourself and don't get discouraged by rejection.

You'll be in my prayers. This last year of being un/under enjoyed has been the most challenging of my life in many ways.

I'm confident you'll be employed as soon as the right opportunity presents itself and in the meantime, you'll be able to concentrate on your side projects as much as you want.

Keep us posted. You are in our prayers.
Athanasius
AG
New adventures await.
Zobel
AG
Thank you. I have a few leads, so we'll see where it goes.
swimmerbabe11
Still working on your riddle btw
FightinTexasAggie08
Put on a nice suit and do cold call drop ins on every engineering and manufacturing company in Houston. You can make 6 figures easy in this economy and you'll get hired in a second
booboo91
Congrats this gives you more time to pray and rely on him!

I know a lot of folks with EPC firms, End User- O&G, Petrochemical, OEM, Vibration monitoring industry. Just had lunch with Ascend Chocolate Bayou and they are looking for some support Rotating engineer.

Here is one firm that is hiring, great company, old school, take care of folks, family, community, still pray, low turnover. submit your resume online. They place folks for site support or perform project work .Hargrove Engineers.

I live close to your church- I-10 & Beltway 8, if you need help, just let me know.

As you already know, put your name out there, right now it is quantity not quality, pray for guidance and try enjoy the time off, don't worry (easier said than done).

Zobel
AG
Hey booboo, I really appreciate the offer for help and would be grateful for the help. How do I contact you?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Quote:

My best advice is to start a routine. Take a week or two to mess around, sleep in, explore Houston, enjoy the opportunity to do whatever you want. .

I read this at 4am and completely inverted some words... my bleary eyes read it as " take a week or two to sleep around and explore Houston, enjoy the..."

Had to do the discount double check and re set my ojos.
FightinTexasAggie08

not the right venue
FightinTexasAggie08
Zobel
AG
Zobel
AG
Hey, who am I to ignore good advice..
booboo91
K2, sent you message this am. Let's chat.
dds08
AG
Sorry to hear that k2. I've been laid off 3 times or so. It's not fun at all, especially the days after.

I second a lot of what Swimmer said.

Despite life's challenges, we can have confidence in His omnipresence!

T&Ps.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.