Top reasons people change/leave their church

804 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PacifistAg
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2018/july/churchgoers-stick-around-for-theology-not-music-or-preacher.html
diehard03
It should be called: "Top Reasons People tell a random phone call/email survey what would theoretically consider changes churches".

My anecdotal non-denominational experience tells me that issues of theology is extremely small (insert comment about non-denominations not having theology below!). People leave all the time because: the music was too loud, the music is too quiet, they never play my favorite chris tomlin song that I have repeat on the way to church, the pastor never called me, the pastor called me once, my small group didn't know the issue I never told anyone about, the pastor combs his hair so he's clearly all about himself, they asked me to give money, they asked me to volunteer, they never asked me to volunteer, the pastor doesn't preach about sin enough, or the pastor preached about sin but it was the sin i liked to do.

I am sure there are more.
PacifistAg
AG
We've only left one church for a reason outside of moving to another town. That was because they auctioned off a pistol for their youth mission trip auction. We had met to discuss the issue with them before leaving, but after their response, we realized it would be best for all if we found a new church body.
diehard03
And you also know that yours is the exception, not the rule.
PacifistAg
AG
Of course. I wasn't implying my situation was the rule at all. Just offering up my own little bit of experience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.