Google's Alpha Zero Slaughters the Best Chess Engine in the World

6,570 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ulrich
Star Wars Memes Only
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As of now she's still beatable.
Star Wars Memes Only
I feel like I'm missing something.
Star Wars Memes Only
It hasn't yet mastered the intricacies of the fried liver. Amazing how human it's mistakes are
Star Wars Memes Only
She's more difficult than she was even a couple of days ago, though still hasn't figured out the fried liver.
Rongagin71
AG
Played it today for first time and lost because the touch move feature put my rook on the square NEXT to the square I wanted...
I was a pawn up at the time with no pressure.
Frankly, I think Stockfish is stronger.
I only beat Stockfish like 1 out of 30.
Star Wars Memes Only
Rongagin71 said:

I only beat Stockfish like 1 out of 30.

Can't tell if joking or Magnus Carlsen.
Rongagin71
AG
I'm talking about the Stockfish on my Android, which is probably around 2200 rating, not the 3300 monster that wins the Computer Champ yr after yr.
Star Wars Memes Only
LC0 will be entering TCEC season 12, which starts today, in the lowest division. She will be provided a 6-man endgame tablebase, so the zero part of her name may be a misnomer now, but the results should still be exciting.
Star Wars Memes Only
Leela, the open source attempt at recreating alphazero, is now beating traditional engines rated 3200+ CCRL. What an exciting time to be a fan of Chess. She has played some beautiful games recently as well:

Star Wars Memes Only
TCEC Season 13 has started. Leela, as well as another neural network engine called Deus ex, will be participating. Deus Ex is based off of Leela, however where Leela has learned entirely based on self-play, Deus Ex has been trained solely off of human games. It will be interesting to see how these engines stack up.
Star Wars Memes Only
And Deus Ex just won its first game. It was against the weakest traditional engine in the tournament, but still stronger than any human probably. So that's pretty cool.
Ulrich
What a time to be alive
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.