Evolution

2,969 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Amazing Moves
Win At Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The playbook didn't design itself. It had to have a coach to design it (except for Franchione)
Sapper Redux
AstroAg17 said:

Also duplications can create gene families and increase the size of the genome. So evolution can change the size of the genome, and it can also change what the genome says and does, but you'd argue that going from ATA to ACAATAGTAACG hasn't added information?

He's trying to somehow argue that a sentence written, "The dog is barking," contains exactly the same information as one written, "The brown dog is barking loudly," because they use the same alphabet and are both considered sentences.
Post removed:
by user
amercer
AG
If the smoke draw is the result of an intelligent designer, then I want no part of that design.
schmendeler
AG
Win At Life said:

The playbook didn't design itself. It had to have a coach to design it (except for Franchione)

If every running play makes the running back circle the quarterback three times after hand off before moving toward the line of scrimmage, I think we can question the intelligence of the play creater.
amercer
AG
Sadly the wheel route seems divinely created to be indefensible by aggies at all times.
Win At Life
AG
Also, the second law of thermodefense says you can't have in increase in defensive entropy in the second half which proves why we implode into a black hole.
Win At Life
AG
Unless you have an energy adjustment across the halftime boundary layer, then an increase in intelligence is theoretically possible, but has never actually been observed on the Aggie sideline.
NoHo Hank
AG
Is the wheel route irreducible complexity for our coaches?
Post removed:
by user
Aggie4Life02
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Also duplications can create gene families and increase the size of the genome. So evolution can change the size of the genome, and it can also change what the genome says and does, but you'd argue that going from ATA to ACAATAGTAACG hasn't added information?

That's added genetic material, it's not added genetic information. In the same way that randomly changing the 1s and 0s or randomly duplicating the 1s and 0s of a segment of binary code is not going to add information to a computer programs. You would have added physical 1s and 0s, but no information.

It would be like randomly changing letters in a book, or duplicating paragraph 3 on page 126 and plopping it down in the middle of page 130. You will never get any new intelligible parts to the story. It will never add functionality/new plots to the book.
Post removed:
by user
Sapper Redux
The order of the letters and their interactions determine information. No two computer programs are the same despite them all using 1s and 0s. They code for different information for different reasons. Same with DNA. Small changes through reproduction, mutation, and drift add up over time with natural selection guiding which variants of DNA are the most successful and most likely to replicate.

Again, the example I gave with the sentences. We have 26 letters and a grammatical framework for every sentence in English. That doesn't mean every sentence contains the same information.
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
Aggie4Life02 said:

Dr. Watson said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

schmendeler said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

AstroAg17 said:

Abiogenesis and evolution are not the same. Evolution describes how life changes, not how it started.

Except for the fact that if there is no kick off, there is no football game.

Creationists think a kick off return TD is how life began and ignore the 80-play drive that started on the one yard line. Along with the evidence of torn turf, injured players, timeouts, and scuffs on the ball.

Except for the fact that with evolution, there is no football on the field either.

There is no mechanism for adding information to the gene pool.

That is the Achilles heel of evolution.

Sex is how information is traded and added to a gene pool. Dirty, raunchy, freaky animal sex. Plus random drift, genetic duplication, mutations, etc. But mostly sex.

Sex doesn't add information to the gene pool. That information is already present in the gene pool.

Mutation and duplication also do not add information to the gene pool.

I'll drink to that.
Amazing Moves
Our primate offensive coordinator needs to learn how to run the clock.
Win At Life
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Our primate offensive coordinator needs to learn how to run the clock.
But who created the play clock? In crossing a football field, suppose I pitched my foot against a football, and were asked how the football came to be there; I might possibly answer, that, for anything I knew to the contrary, it was laid there by the referee: nor would it perhaps be very easy to show the absurdity of this answer. But suppose I had found a play clock upon the field, and it should be inquired how the play clock happened to be in that place; I should hardly think of the answer I had before given, that for anything I knew, the play clock might have been put there by the referee. ... There must have existed, at some time, and at some place or other, a groundskeeper or groundskeepers, who formed the play clock for the purpose which we use it actually to answer; who comprehended its construction, and designed its use. ... Every indication of contrivance, every manifestation of design, which existed in the play clock, exists in the works of football rules; with the difference, on the side of college rules, of being greater or more, and that in a degree which exceeds all delay of game penalties after a time out was called.
Amazing Moves
Quote:

But what created the play clock?
Fify

We don't know for now and that's ok. We can definitely rule out Les Miles.
dds08
AG
Games.

Human logic. LOL.

Human logic never hinted that it could provide salvation.
schmendeler
AG
Just wake up?
TexAgs91
AG

EOT
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Madman
AG
TexAgs91 said:

EOT

Devastating.
Amazing Moves
We dead.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.