PSA: For those considering Medi-Share or sharing ministries for health insurance

1,673 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie4Life02
AgAttack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted to share my family's experience on it this year. Overall, I think it's a great way to save money. I loved they have a legit PPO. There is a learning curve to how they handle bills though.

http://blog.takecommandhealth.com/medi-share-review-my-familys-experience-this-year/
Post removed:
by user
Line up and wait 18L
Thanks for sharing. Interested to learn more.
AgAttack
AG
Hey JJMt,

For me, I liked that Medi-Share still felt more like insurance. They have a contracted PPO doctor network, you pay a steady "premium" every month, and bills are paid by Medi-Share.

I've heard people have great success with Samaritans but it's a much different structure. Bills are shared between families (you write checks to other individuals) and there's no defined doctor network. On one hand, you can see any doctor you want, but then on the other hand you're at the mercy of their cash prices.

Long story short, it comes down to personal preference I believe.

Happy to answer any other questions!
Post removed:
by user
92ags
AG
We just joined Samaritan this month. I could no longer justify spending $2,200 per month for my family to have traditional healthcare. This year, with insurance, we paid just north of $31K between premiums and out-of-pocket expenses. Crazy.

Even with the things that are not covered by Samaritan, we would have paid just north of $7500 this year with them vs. traditional insurance.

We have a son who has CP, and we know that his expenses for that will not be covered. Fortunately, just about everything we would need for him, has already been done. He is very high functioning. That being said he might need one or two more surgeries. But where we get them done, does work for international and cash only patients all the time, and give major discounts.

Before we moved, I called every doctor, facility, etc. we used in the past year. Every location gave us at minimum a 20% cash discount, the highest being over 40%. There is a doc near us that is a GP, will do all of your annual testing/blood work for a flat fee every year. Then on top of that, will charge you no more than $200 over that price for anything else you need.

We are looking forward to the experience.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Also look at Liberty Health Share
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.