Muslim born to hate Jews

4,593 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PacifistAg
AG
Nobody is "born to hate". It is learned. Just as it is learned by many on the other side to hate Muslims.
Martin Q. Blank
If hate is learned, who was the first teacher?
swimmerbabe11
What are we supposed to do with this video?
wbt5845
AG
We're supposed to see a Muslim who was raised to hate Jews seeing life in Israel more clearly than a Christian activist from this country can.
PacifistAg
AG
wbt5845 said:

We're supposed to see a Muslim who was raised to hate Jews seeing life in Israel more clearly than a Christian activist from this country can.
Or a moral relativist in the weapons industry that has a vested interest in ongoing conflict?

As I said though, the hate that some on both sides have towards each other is learned. Nobody is born to hate. Acting like only one side is the problem will do nothing to help resolve the problem. The hate is a two-way street.
swimmerbabe11
That guy never lived in Israel...or Pakistan even
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Think Palestinians are the devil and deserving of living in an apartheid state. At least that's what I think he's shooting for.
swimmerbabe11
I don't really desire to get into real estate squabbles at all.
I think the whole thing is pretty sad..but I'm not invested in a religious way..and I don't think Israel is particularly concerned about being good allies to us..so I'm not politically invested either.

I pray for peace, but with little optimism.
wbt5845
AG
RetiredAg said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Think Palestinians are the devil and deserving of living in as a result of their own actions have put themselves into an apartheid state. At least that's what I think he's shooting for.
FIFY
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

That guy never lived in Israel...or Pakistan even
Yep.

Plus let's not pretend Dennis Prager and his "university" isn't massively biased on this issue. I'd recommend searching out and reading from Palestinian Christians and get their perspective. They aren't driven by the Muslim vs Jew battle (not to mention, I never once heard a Palestinian frame the conflict in religious terms anyways). I think the perspective of Palestinian Christians can be helpful as it avoids the whole Muslim vs Jew issue.
swimmerbabe11
That was what I was about to say... I'm not sure some random muslim guy in the UK is the best person to give an unbiased viewpoint...regardless of what he says.

I'd rather listen to a palestinian muslim, jew and Chrstian each talk about it.
PacifistAg
AG
Understood. If you are interested, this is an organization we met with while in the West Bank: Tent of Nations. It's a Palestinian Christian who is working to promote nonviolence and reconciliation over there. This is a good video about him and his story: https://vimeo.com/29677206
Martin Q. Blank
AstroAg17 said:

Satan probably. Don't y'all just blame all the bad stuff on him?
Where did he learn it from?
schmendeler
AG
It goes all the way to the top
Drum5343
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Basically? Yes.

Hate comes from fear, wouldn't you say? Fear of competition for resources, fear of the unknown, etc..

That type of fear comes from not knowing whether or not "the other" will destroy you if you don't destroy him. Or from a Christian perspective, that fear comes from not trusting or knowing that there is a God who cares for you, regardless of what happens to you.
Drum5343
AG
RetiredAg said:

Nobody is "born to hate". It is learned. Just as it is learned by many on the other side to hate Muslims.
I'm not so sure. I think we are born with a propensity to hate. With a propensity to fear.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I'm curious, from an evolutionary-atheistic worldview do you believe evil exists? Where did it originate?
PacifistAg
AG
Drum5343 said:

RetiredAg said:

I'm not so sure. I think we are born with a propensity to hate. With a propensity to fear.
Oh I think it's more that we are born with a propensity to fear. Fear does not always lead to hate. It takes one modelling fear-to-hate for children to learn to channel that fear into hate. At least that's how I see it.
Drum5343
AG
RetiredAg said:

Drum5343 said:

RetiredAg said:

Oh I think it's more that we are born with a propensity to fear. Fear does not always lead to hate. It takes one modelling fear-to-hate for children to learn to channel that fear into hate. At least that's how I see it.
Who knows I guess. Would be extremely hard to prove either way.

But I think a fear of being annihilated or out-competed will lead to something that at least looks like hate in most people, unless they have a reason not to fear or a reason not to hate.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

I wouldn't call a primary psychopath on a murder spree evil either.

Tell me more about atheism. I'd like to know more.
AGC
AG
RetiredAg said:

Please support this theologically. It sounds like you're saying some sins are learned, so I'm curious about your belief on original sin and how we know which sins are learned and which ones aren't.
PacifistAg
AG
Drum5343 said:

RetiredAg said:

Drum5343 said:

RetiredAg said:

Who knows I guess. Would be extremely hard to prove either way.

But I think a fear of being annihilated or out-competed will lead to something that at least looks like hate in most people, unless they have a reason not to fear or a reason not to hate.
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I think we are just climbing the same mountain, but from different sides. Basically, if I understand you correctly, fear/hate is a propensity we are born with but must teach/train children to overcome. I see it the other way. Hate is not something we are born with, but is the result of poor teaching/training from parents. Either way, it's up to parents to train/teach/model fearless and loving behavior for their children, whether that is to combat something we are born with or to combat a mindset from taking hold.
canadiaggie
AG
aggiegamecock said:

RetiredAg said:

Please support this theologically. It sounds like you're saying some sins are learned, so I'm curious about your belief on original sin and how we know which sins are learned and which ones aren't.
Islam doesn't have a concept of original sin. God forgave Adam and Eve in the Qur'anic version of Genesis.
Zobel
AG
Good thing I don't believe in original sin.
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
We are all made as icons of God. No natural state is evil. Sin is separation from God and is like a disease that needs to be cured. Our base state is more or less a state of separation.
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
Yes, Orthodox. Haven't really thoroughly vetted these and orthodox wiki isn't always the best.

http://www.oncedeliveredfaith.com/2014/07/05/original-sin/

https://orthodoxwiki.org/Original_sin

AGC
AG
canadiaggie said:

aggiegamecock said:

RetiredAg said:

Islam doesn't have a concept of original sin. God forgave Adam and Eve in the Qur'anic version of Genesis.

Retired is not Muslim though. He identifies as Protestant.
AGC
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Good thing I don't believe in original sin.

Good thing you didn't classify sin as a learned behavior. My kids have taught me that hate doesn't have to be learned. A two year old would kill you in a heartbeat for not serving pancakes at every meal if they could reach the knives.
swimmerbabe11
I wish I had the Damien sock so bad right now.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.