Is it possible to believe in Evolution and in God?

18,083 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by John Maplethorpe
Woody2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Those tracks will be debated yrs after we are all dead, some of us will be living in peace and harmony, with complete understanding. I am in this group.

Others will be in agony....like Woody. God takes special interest in people who try to turn his people away from him like Woody continues to do. A jealous God we have and your life will never be blessed mocking his word.

I will say a prayer for you but not sure if it would be safe, God really hates the haters.

It might be too late for you Woody....really sad indeed for you.

It's this stuff that keeps bringing me back to Texags. God I love the internet.
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:
Those tracks will be debated yrs after we are all dead, some of us will be living in peace and harmony, with complete understanding. I am in this group.

Others will be in agony....like Woody. God takes special interest in people who try to turn his people away from him like Woody continues to do. A jealous God we have and your life will never be blessed mocking his word.

I will say a prayer for you but not sure if it would be safe, God really hates the haters.

It's this stuff that keeps bringing me back to Texags. God I love the internet.

PA24
AG
Pic of your papa
Amazing Moves
quote:
Pic of your papa
No.. My father looks like a white blue eyed hipster with sick abs.
PA24
AG
You come from monkeys
Post removed:
by user
kurt vonnegut
AG
quote:

schadenfreude
SHdnfroid/
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
(See also WinAGs' posts on Texags)

Not sure your story WA, but you seem like either a pathetic troll or truly sadistic ******* sociopath. I hope you are just a troll.

PA24
AG
Monkey's have no souls
PA24
AG
Seriously,

We have access to the same info, I happen to believe, the ones that don't ......don't. God will deal with them, not me.

As I get older, I am beginning to believe God has favorites, and I am one of em, so blessed.
PA24
PA24
AG
Nittie Night
Sapper Redux
quote:
Seriously,

We have access to the same info, I happen to believe, the ones that don't ......don't. God will deal with them, not me.

As I get older, I am beginning to believe God has favorites, and I am one of em, so blessed.

Even John Calvin wasn't so arrogant as to assume his salvation with a jealous, capricious deity. You're something else.
funkymonkey
AG
quote:
You come from monkeys
You got me
PA24
AG
Monkeys are fun to watch, and their chattering makes no sense except to other monkeys.

AggieRain
AG
quote:

Jim Hogg is angry
AG
quote:
quote:
Seriously,

Even John Calvin wasn't so arrogant as to assume his salvation with a jealous, capricious deity. You're something else.

Sapper Redux
quote:
Monkeys are fun to watch, and their chattering makes no sense except to other monkeys.

Apes. You're an ape. Get it right.
Woody2006
AG
quote:
quote:

Apes. You're an ape. Get it right.
Maybe he doesn't understand the difference?

Winags... a monkey has a tail, whereas apes do not. Orangutans, Chimpanzees, Gorillas and Bonobos are the Great Apes that are most closely related to humans.

These are our closer cousins. Monkeys are more distant cousins. Make sense?
Hickory High
AG
WinAgs doesn't believe in the same God I do. The gate is narrow, WinAgs, not the path. Check yourself.
Woody2006
AG
quote:
WinAgs doesn't believe in the same God I do. The gate is narrow, WinAgs, not the path. Check yourself.

And yet we are told you have access to objective truth.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
quote:

And yet we are told you have access to objective truth.

You'll have to try harder than that to derail.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
quote:
Eh, technically it's the gate and the path (way), at least according to Matthew's Gospel, Chapter 7:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Hickory High
AG
Depends on your translation. In ESV (my personal favorite), it's
Gate = narrow
Way = hard
PA24
AG
Monkeys u r....why insult the Apes!
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Depends on your translation. In ESV (my personal favorite), it's
Gate = narrow
Way = hard
I use NASB, and that is similar, although the way is "narrow" in this version:

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Martin Q. Blank

quote:
way is narrow

quote:
The gate is narrow, WinAgs, not the path. Check yourself.
PA24
AG
KJV is what the bride of Christ considers the word of God, the other modern versions of the Bible you should be leary of.

Mathew 7:13-14

Plainly states narrow is the way
PacifistAg
AG
As he pointed out, the ESV (which Hickory uses) uses the word "hard". Looking at the original Greek, I see translations that use words like "compressed", "restricted", "compacted", etc that would definitely appear to lean towards describing something that's hard to travel.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
KJV is what the bride of Christ considers the word of God
Simply not true at all, but this does tell me more about what denomination you are likely actually coming from.
PacifistAg
AG
Growin' Up With King James
Hickory High
AG
quote:
KJV is what the bride of Christ considers the word of God, the other modern versions of the Bible you should be leary of.

Mathew 7:13-14

Plainly states narrow is the way

Oh you're one of THOSE kinds of people. Yeah Jesus read his KJV every day and looked like this:
PacifistAg
AG
The fundamentalist churches I grew up in honestly taught that if you weren't saved w/ a KJV bible, then you never were really saved. But, in those churches, "discipleship" really just constituted getting people to regurgitate a prayer with zero follow-up or, you know, actual discipleship.
Hickory High
AG
Christian fundamentalism
PacifistAg
AG
I'm just curious which version of the KJV is the one he's talking about? Is it the 1611, 1629, or even the 1769 version? Or is it KJV21 or the NKJV?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.