Pots and Yells

16,244 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agnatgas
TAMUGodot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know the grode yells for Aston, Dunn, McInnis and Appelt? As well as how they paint their pots. e-mail me at theweil(atsymbol)yahoo.com since if you don't want to post a grode yell.

We have some great redasses from these dorms who need to know some of their Bonfire history
AB2
AG
Don't post the grode yells here btw. Not only is this not the board for it, but a similar thread resulted in a massive staff infection on the general board a few years back.
TAMUGodot
I agree that's why I want people to e-mail me. Grode yells belong in grody places only.
AB2
AG
and free speech areas on campus.
RockOn
Dunn's is clean enough to post here.
falconag
mccinnis is as well

mccinnis hall *darn* small *darn* pround best hung dorm on campus.
northsidegreek06
AG
the mcfadden yell is quite similar
dutch_chicken
AG
Back in '93 or '94 I went to an RHA function with friend of mine who was an RHA VP at the time. We had to do a dorm yell but it needed to be clean. Well, Walton didn't have any clean yells so we made one up. I believe it went like this:

Borax, Pinesol, Mr. Clean,
Comet, Windex, windows with a gleam.
Waltons the best dorm, best you've ever seen.
Walton, Walton, darn we're clean.

Yup, that's it. The only clean yell we had.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Appelt "Fur Trappers"
There used to be a pot of Mr. Appelt up in a display case in the dorm...don't know where if it is still there.

Pots are a white background with a green axe on either side...crew cheifs have inverse color scheme.
TAMUGodot
I know the Appelt yell, sailors think it is dirty.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
TAMUGodot- could you email me the Appelt yell? I came in after '99, and all there was as far as grode yells was silence. Thanks
MrsUncoverAg
AG
random question....does anyone know about Davis-Gary's pots and yells?
RockOn
too dirty to post... give me your email address or IM name and ill send it to ya....

(i edited the yell out)

[This message has been edited by WH06P (edited 10/25/2004 1:00a).]
NoACDamnit
Kip Walton eventually came up with another clean one.

Walton Hall!

Stay in school!

Drugs are bad!

Bonfire's cool!
MrsUncoverAg
AG
kristinmcclenny(at symbol)gmail.com
AB2
AG
I met an old DG guy a few years ago, and when we asked him what their GY was, he started in on the current Walton GY, with of course "Davis Gary" replacing "Walton."
MrsUncoverAg
AG
well....the girls arent so much into bonfire anymore, i think maybe 3 girls from DG have gone out this year. i also got told that the walton yell is our old grode yell
yankee2001
aggiegirl07

Email me yankee_tamu01 @ yahoo

I can help you out with all of that stuff
dutch_chicken
AG
My understanding is that a LOT of old DG guys moved into Walton after their entire dorm got evicted. It wouldn't surprise me if that is where the grode yell came from.

Funny story about the grode yell, we were successful in getting it one a dorm t-shirt one year. It is hidden in the grain of the logs on stack. Unfortunately, I was a little cashflow deficient that year and never bought one. I really wish I had one, now.
dutch_chicken
AG
NoAC, two questions.

1. Why did Walton make up a clean yell?
2. What are you doing posting at 4 am?

Sleep, boy, sleep.
yankee2001
And the walton yell was not the old grode yell!

we were delicate flowers damn it
However, I do love the Walton yell, it just rolls off the tongue.
snuffpotbmf01
yankee -

I think he was talking about the DG yell prior to you delicate flowers moving in. I think Little Eric told me the same thing one time.
snuffpotbmf01
What was y'alls yell?

DG
Damn Good
Bust Ass
Davis-Gary?

Is that right?
MrsUncoverAg
AG
ive heard that one , ive also heard of one other
yankee2001
I was under the impression that we used the same yell the guys did. I am going to call Eric and Tamara to find out.

Hey we are all meeting at Fitz's on the 20th. You should stop by if you are in town.
snuffpotbmf01
Why will you be in CS on the 20th?
YellAgs
AG
BONFIRE BURNS!
vic_chic
I was walking back to my dorm after the horrible Colorado game this past Saturday (it's good we won, but c'mon ags) and there were about 4 40-something Ags all ina circle and humping it. Then they yelled the "dg, damn good, bust ass, davis-gary" yell and I wildcatted with them. It was pretty cool. I was in a rush, but I wish I had stayed and talked to them.
yankee2001
I was right. Walton's yell was never DG's yell, for the guy or girls dorm. In fact it was pretty controversial that the girls kept the guys yell. I am sure there were a lot of pissed off guys because of that.

We are coming in for a reunion of sorts and to watch the off campus bonfire burn.

DG
Damn Good
Bust A$$
Davis Gary
A-Whoop!
snuffpotbmf01
Sorry Yankee, won't be able to make it. Wedding that day in Ft. Worth. Y'all have a good time.
LOAD 2002
AG
I'm pretty sure that years down the road I might forget a few words to all the great aggie songs and cheers but one thing I won't ever forget is the most vile string of words ever put together known as the Walton Grode Yell.

good times.
Whoop05
AG
You probably won't find pictures of Dunn pots unless a poster has a picture of theirs...but I can tell you what they look like... And the grode.
Whoop05
AG
And there is no way that my dad EVER yelled the Walton grode... It's just not possible.
Aggie_John
AG
Walton stole their grode yell from Crocker. Can't count the number of times we've argues with Walton over the yell the last couple of years
Whoop05
AG
How can you "steal" a grode?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.