Looking for Information on Dunn Hall Bonfire

7,363 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aBouncedCzech
baylor.norris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

I'm posting in search of any and all information that y'all might have pertaining to Dunn Hall Bonfire Crew. Unfortunately, there is a massive amount of lost history regarding Dunn. I'm hoping to dig up some of the following:

- Yells. I've read that there were five total; we've only recovered two so far.
- Pot information. I have pictures and details of new army pots, but very little of old army (pre-1999) pots.
- General history. I'm trying to dig up information on when Dunn was created, the gaps that it has had in its history, and other significant dates/events.
- Chief line information. I'm trying to trace back each of the lines as far as I can, so if anybody remembers any names from any year, that would be very helpful.
- General traditions. If anybody remembers any cool or unique traditions of Dunn, or anything that made Dunn special, that would be very helpful.

Feel free to post information in this thread if you'd like, but if you'd like to reach out to me personally, you can also do that. You can message me on here, or email address is baylor.norris@gmail.com. I can also provide my phone number if necessary.

Thanks so much, and as always, gig'em!
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
The saying when I was around was "Dunn is done", but it would be nice to see an old crew revived if you can generate numbers to support it.
Bonfire97
AG
All I remember from Dunn bonfire traditions were people hitting our door at 5am with axe handles trying to get us up for cut every Saturday morning while laying in bed with a hangover from D&D or Harry's the night before.
IslanderAg04
Dunn Hall resident as a fish, made a few cuts freshman year in 98-99 when my roomate decided to leave my door unlocked. Still have my pot and an axe handle i earned. I'll dig up my pot snd snap a pick. Biggest thing i remember is we were the Tom Doss rockets.
FinMick
AG
TOM DOSS=The Only Mail Dorm On South SIde.

There use to be an actual rocket that we would bring out in the dorm during Dorm Spirit nights (name?)--story was we couldn't haul it to Kyle and back because of fights in the past. This was 97-98ish.
mosdefn14
AG
2005 there was a small crew. Guy named Jake wore a yellow pot, Steve a chief pot. There was some disagreement from north side guys as to the legitimacy of their lines.
Orbital Debris
AG
I will contact you on Gmail. I will put my user name in the subject line.

The profanity filter would probably screen out the yells.
Orbital Debris
AG
FinMick said:

TOM DOSS=The Only Mail Dorm On South SIde.

There use to be an actual rocket that we would bring out in the dorm during Dorm Spirit nights (name?)--story was we couldn't haul it to Kyle and back because of fights in the past. This was 97-98ish.
The Only Men's Dorm On South Side

An L of an Ag
AG
There was a yellow pot named Parker back in fall 87, but that's all I remember about bonfire and living in Dunn.
cecil77
AG
Dunn Hall was the first Coed dorm at A&M. It opened in the spring of 1973, with women on the top two floors and men on the bottom two. When I arrived Fall '73 it was all men. Aston and Moser weren't started yet, we played football where Aston is. The band practice field was just south of the Commons (a name which didn't appear until some time later, for us it was Kruger-Dunn).

Bonfire was active, but sadly I haven't retained the names of any of the leaders. Reasonable amount of pressure to participate, and reasonable participation.

agnatgas
AG
Bonfire was very active in Dunn for my years 76 - 78. Sterling Price was the yellow pot in either 77 or 78. Some of us went out on flat bed trailers with arms and legs interlocking to keep anybody from falling off the truck. Cut was some of my finest memories of A&M.

One year, the dorm log was too big to put on the stack. We traded turns knocking that beauty down with about 20 whacks a piece,
SubmarinerAg
AG
I was the head crew chief for 2005, Jake Fields was the Yellow Pot. I forgot a lot of the stuff. I can give you a list of names as to who followed us. My email is Steven.Norman.784@gmail.com
SubmarinerAg
AG
Some basic ones we imposed, never wash your grodes, chiefs never sit down when out in the woods, some of the other ones I can tell in email. We made tshirts to fundraise for equipment usually a play off a liquor label, I did a guinness motif using the TOM DOSS, I think they did Captain Morgan's the next year.
elpaso
AG
I stumbled upon this thread

I was there in '92 and '93, 4th floor Dunn, little Mexico.

I'd post the yo-Ho-yo yell but that would get filtered.

We would piss in gallons for a week and then throw them at other dorms

I have my pot but I had my axe stolen. Sucks I loved that axe. I would buy one if a student sold me theirs.

5 am wake up on weekends was loud, violent and persistent. No one got hurt, just a few broken doors

We were bad asses. Ha!!
HDeathstar
Dunn Hall Rebels.

I believe rebels was replaced by rockets during some PC clean up. Probably late 80s.

Stories similar to El Paso's comments. Dunn was pretty active in Bonfire.

Dorm had a rocket they would bring out for dorm yearbook pictures. Dorm yearbook pictures will have people with their pots on. Black with a White Triangle in front with a white stripe on top.

'91 people complained about the early morning bonfire wakeup (axe handles on doors, music, guy banging an axe handle on the light post in the courtyard) and they said people could put a sign on their door if they did not want to participate in bonfire that morning. Signs were lost and nothing changed.

Cut was fun and we always had a big dorm log. TOM DOSS.
aBouncedCzech
AG
Always finished...never Dunn
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.