20 years ago

3,745 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ToddyHill
MosesHall99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So it's strange to think of Bonfire 99. I actually first registered on TexAgs after the collapse to post updates and just be a part of the grieving process. I was 23 years old. I'm 43 now, have a nice little life, kids, wife a few dogs, all that. Every year I think of Miranda, or Chad, or Mike, or Jamie and that some of them never saw their 20th birthday. That they'd be fathers, mothers, friends today but for that evening. It just brings a lot back home.
Ghost91
Here.
3rd Generation Ag
AG

Glad to see you on here and get the update on your life. It seems like yesterday in some ways, and it is like another life in others. I now have three grandchildren. I think often of the parends of the 12 who won't have that special moment when you hold your grandchild for the first time. I pray they have had peace in these years that must seem so long for them.
WestGalvestonAggie

It was my first semester at A&M. I was living off campus and got a very early call and was at stack by around 0630. Surreal is the only word I can use that really describes the scene. I'll never, ever forget it. I have a Niece who was only a few months old at the time, and she's a Sophomore on campus now. 20 years? No way. There's just no way.
wangus12
AG
Can't believe its been that long. I was in elementary at a private school in Bryan. We had mass that morning and I remember the priest not even wearing vestments. He was in his everyday black clerical shirt and it was covered with dirt since he had been out at stack sight. My mom was a professor and pulled my brother and I out of school a little later because she wasn't going to be able to pick us up afterwards and we stayed on West Campus that afternoon while she was out at Stack. I still remember driving by it. I still remember the candlelight vigil.
Murphag
They're showing The 13th Man, at theaters here in Dallas, Mon-Wed. The only ones I can find are the Studio Movie Grills in Arlington and The Colony. Get this, they're showing it at 11pm tonight and tomorrow. Wow
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Here
aggiebq03+
We were supposed to be working out at the site that night, not on the stack but hauling logs to it. Didn't go because so many of my fish buddies had tests the following day or two we were all studying late. Was just fate we were woken up early in the AM for what we thought was a strange fire drill, rather than being out at the stack site. Count my blessings we weren't there.

Here.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Here
AgBass01
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

We were supposed to be working out at the site that night, not on the stack but hauling logs to it. Didn't go because so many of my fish buddies had tests the following day or two we were all studying late. Was just fate we were woken up early in the AM for what we thought was a strange fire drill, rather than being out at the stack site. Count my blessings we weren't there.

Here.
Here.

A-CO was supposed to be out there that night as well. I was butt-pot and decided we should take a night off as we'd been out all week and several of our fish and upperclassmen had midterms the following day.
ToddyHill
AG
I was in St. Paul, Minnesota on business. That morning at breakfast, one of my co-workers shared the news. I could not believe 12 people had died just a few hours earlier. Later that day, I called my Dad, to get an update on my sister, who was undergoing a checkup for her liver cancer at the University of Pittsburgh. He told me the chemo wasn't working. She died ten weeks later. That day has always been a double whammy for me.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.