2019 Bonfire

3,367 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Howdy101
Agijud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scheduled to burn on Nov, 26, 2019. Passed a billboard south of town last weekend then logged into Student Bonfire website to confirm today. Cant believe its been 20 years. Still cant walk the memorial without tears. So many nights hanging from a swing wiring logs, so many 8:00am classes in grodes, so many lessons and memories. I will be there! Build the Hell outta FTAB!
wadd96
AG
There's an odd part of me that wants it to burn on the 18th in memory of the 12...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
aBouncedCzech
AG
wadd96 said:

There's an odd part of me that wants it to burn on the 18th in memory of the 12...
That's an awesome idea
Walton Ag 91
Totally understand the sentiment but in my opinion November 18th should be a time to gather at the memorial to honor the Aggie 12. Then Burn The Hell Outta Bonfire!
Howdy101
I agree with Walton...

Lets leave the 18th to remember the 12 that gave their lives for Aggie Bonfire.

Over the years I've been able to talk with some of the survivors and parents of the 12.

During Burn Night when the lights go out, to them, it symbolizes the finishing of the Stack their child never could and, when Stack goes up in flames, their spirit goes up with it.

I just can't thank Student Bonfire enough for saving/continuing and, in my opinion, making the Tradition even stronger than it ever was on campus. It could be held on a piece of land owned by A&M, but the Administration has to go through so many channels.

Bonfire has always been and always will be about the students. It's the students that make Aggie Traditions what they are...the passion the students have for it.

I always point out that, to me, it's not called A&M Bonfire...it's Aggie Bonfire...build by and for Aggies.

BTHOB!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.