20 Year Anniversary

3,546 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aBouncedCzech
SABUILDERAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know if there are any plans for a special remembrance this year for the 20th Anniversary of the collapse?
Houstonag
AG
I have not seen the documentary and may not. I do remember that morning while I awoke and heard the reports. A great tragedy simply caused by lack of oversite by many. Lack of internal controls and now let it go. The lawyers have made their money or maybe there are still some ambulance chasers left. Those who wanted to hurt TAMU have not succeded. The bonfire has moved off site and the flame still burns.

94chem
Houstonag said:

I have not seen the documentary and may not. I do remember that morning while I awoke and heard the reports. A great tragedy simply caused by lack of oversite by many. Lack of internal controls and now let it go. The lawyers have made their money or maybe there are still some ambulance chasers left. Those who wanted to hurt TAMU have not succeded. The bonfire has moved off site and the flame still burns.

Ambulance chasers? Let's see...the redpots' families allegedly paid $6 million from their homeowner's policies. Texas A&M paid $2 million to the victims total. Were there any more judgments? Against the construction companies or crane companies? I don't know. But to say that people want justice is the same as "wanting to hurt A&M" shows that you still haven't dealt with reality.

In similar cases that occurred at about that time, Firestone was paying > $10 million/paralysis and >$5 million/death for victims of their defective tires.

According to all I've heard, John Comstock was/is everything you'd want to represent Texas A&M. It is an insult to the victims, living and deceased, to equate seeking justice with ambulance chasing.
Houstonag
AG
Bologna
94chem
With prepared horseradish, a thick slice of Swiss cheese, sliced kosher dills, 2 slices of Dave's Killer bread, and a pint of Belgian Trippel.
Grits
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a special remembrance this year for the 20th Anniversary of the collapse?

Yes the are. I don't know the details, but if you call or stop by Cushing Library, they can give you the scoop.

There has been a big restoration project going on with all of the donated, and recovered items, as well as center pole.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
agsalaska
AG
Really? 20 years?

When I start thinking about it I feel like it was yesterday. I have mostly compartmentalized it over the last fifteen years and do not let myself go down that path.

I suppose this year it makes sense to start talking to my kids about it. Maybe take them to the site.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
aBouncedCzech
AG
94chem said:

With prepared horseradish, a thick slice of Swiss cheese, sliced kosher dills, 2 slices of Dave's Killer bread, and a pint of Belgian Trippel.
Well, that sounds delicious...TIL that I've been eating bologna sammiches all wrong
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.