Date of 2018 Bonfire burn?

4,172 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 12th Man Ag
hdrydor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to plan my first trip to Aggie Bonfire since my senior year (Nov 1991). Anybody know date and time of 2018 burn?
CharlieBrown17
AG
With LSU being on Saturday the 24th I'd hazard a guess at Tuesday the 20th. Maybe the 21st. But the 20th makes more sense to me, more people in town still.
hdrydor
AG
Thanks for the reply!
Grits
AG
http://www.studentbonfire.com/

You can stay updated on locations, and times through their website.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
CharlieBrown17
AG
Twitter and Facebook definitely get updated more timely than the website. The cut schedule just got posted today
commando2004
AG
It's not on the calendar page yet.

Given that the LSU game is at home this year, I would assume that Burn is the night before. But I might be wrong.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Oh dang didn't notice that.

Saw it was Saturday and assumed it was in Baton Rogue.

I can still see it being before thanksgiving break starts instead of relying on people to make it back in town Friday but that definitely complicates matters.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Burn is Friday the 23rd. Just announced on social media.

Probably going to be a smaller crowd this year
hdrydor
AG
Thanks to all for the replies. Looking forward to coming in from out of state to see this bonfire!
John Galt Sr
AG
Being on Friday means I might be able to make it... I'm sure there are others in the same situation.
BBYD09
AG
Friday means I can go! First one since 2012.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Bonfire 1988 was my wedding night. I am considering taking the family to burn this year as a 30th anniversary celebration.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
aeon-ag
hdrydor said:

Trying to plan my first trip to Aggie Bonfire since my senior year (Nov 1991). Anybody know date and time of 2018 burn?
It should burn on Friday, the night before the home game!
Franz Joseph
Where is the location this year? Can someone provide directions?
kac1799
It's off of Old Hearne Road, near the intersection of TX-OSR & Highway 6. You can also find it on Google Maps if you just look up Student Bonfire in Bryan, TX. The Facebook page has tons of helpful info too!
commando2004
AG
http://www.studentbonfire.com/events/2018-11/burn-night/ says:
Quote:

Due to a very rainy season, parking is extremely limited. PARKING ON SITE IS DISCOURAGED. Expect parking to be full by early in the evening.
Quote:

Rates have been adjusted to discourage on-site parking. Expect to get stuck if you choose to park on site.
So, if you don't want to pay $40 for parking and get your car stuck in the mud, how do you get to Stack site? Will there be a bus service from the city? I see that there are links to Uber and Lyft; does SB have any special deals with them?
12th Man Ag
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.