Bonfire Blush

5,656 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TexasRebel
TAMUGodot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone seen this wine made by Messina Hoff. This year I got a bottle that was a rememberance to Bonfire. I wonder if they would start bottling Bonfire Blush again. If things like that start happening, it could get the community back in the Bonfire Spirit.
Y02
Im not positive, but I think it's the same wine just with a different name. They donate $.50 for each one sold to the bonfire victims fund. I don't know if its a popularity issue or what, but the tribute to bonfire is abundantly available and Bonfire Blush was kinda hard to get a hold of.
Aggie99
AG
Still have a Bottle of Blush from '99. Someday, I just might open that.
TAMUGodot
Save it for when Bonfire returns to campus.
Aggie99
AG
Now that is an idea!
Mexirab 00
AG
We bought some back in 99. Tried it, and it tasted really crappy like. I haven't tried it since then.
DCC99
AG
Be careful where you store it. My wife and I have several bottles from 99, 00, etc. Then we learned that unless it's kept cool it eventually turns to vinegar. I've learned it's best just to keep wine in the fridge.

OCHWFLAKASSOBRTTEFE! A-WHOOP!
MaroonStain
AG
Messina Hof wines to drink...

- Chenin Blanc
- Port
- Angel
Aggie99
AG
Ooops, I have had mine on a wine rack in the kitchen since I bought it (Not in the frig). Hopefully it is not vinegar.

Only one way to find out I guess.....
scott1481
AG
I have one from 99-present. Guess I need to take them off the rack and put them in the fridge.
AgPat99
White wines/blushes, for the most part, do not age well. They should be consumed within a couple of years of bottling. Just a little FYI.
oldyeller
AG
All unopened bottles of wine should also be stored on their side to keep the corks hydrated and thus maintain a proper seal, else the possibility of "vinegar" increases.
wessimo
AG
I've got a vintage bottle of "Tribute to Bonfire". Anybody interested?
TexasRebel
AG
Also keep them out of light.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.