TAMU Bonfire Censorship

5,578 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BBYD09
TeachyBoi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone heard rumors of attempts to censor Bonfire and Bonfire-related information on campus?
commando2004
AG
It was censored in the 2000s. TAMU has gotten lax in recent years.
WaltonAg18
AG
They designated axe handles as hazing paraphernalia that lead to immediate disciplinary action, and a lot of the RAs in the active dorms are instructed to push the fish away from Bonfire as much as possible. Krueger had really sh*tty numbers when I was a fish for this reason. Other than that, there's only so much they can actually do. People still go to Sbisa in grodes, the nerds bring their pots to the games, etc.
Texas 1836
AG
YoungWaltonAg18 said:

They designated axe handles as hazing paraphernalia that lead to immediate disciplinary action, and a lot of the RAs in the active dorms are instructed to push the fish away from Bonfire as much as possible. Krueger had really sh*tty numbers when I was a fish for this reason. Other than that, there's only so much they can actually do. People still go to Sbisa in grodes, the nerds bring their pots to the games, etc.
Grits
AG
I haven't heard if anything recently. I talked to some guys from squadrons 17 & 18 who told me the commandante (or however you spell that) threatened to issue demerits for participation (which he can't do because it's an off campus activity). Contact some bonfire people on Facebook, I know the 2016 OC chiefs have allot of knowledge on that topic, and Dion is always a good guy to ask also.
LEJ

BBYD09
AG
They did this when I was on campus 05-09 but it didn't stop us. We just kept the handles hidden and our axe box off campus. Hart Hall was pretty lax about it though. We had a good relationship with the GHD and RAs. Helps that the GHD was a BQ from back in the 80s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.