Walton to be co-ed next year

8,426 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WaltonAg18
commando2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who will Load now, with no all-male dorms left?
wangus12
AG
Its been underclassmen only recently. Still should be able to pull out fish, but they definitely have a smaller population. Have Leggett take the chicks from the dorm
waltonloads11
AG
Who will load?
Who will get the eternal flame?
Who will walk the flame out on burn night?
commando2004
AG
Would it be possible for the current Walton residents to move en masse to another dorm and start a crew there (like McInnis did with Krueger)?

If so, which one? Obviously, it can't be an all-female dorm, so that rules out Legett, DG, Rudder, and Underwood. And it can't be all-freshmen, so that rules out Moses. It would also be a bad idea to take over a dorm that already has a crew (see Crocker/Dunn), so that rules out Hart, Schuhmacher, FHK, Krueger, Neeley, Hullabaloo, and the Nerd dorms.

So, basically, that leaves Aston, Dunn, and the modulars not previously listed. (Or Mosher? Do you have to be an engineering major to live there?)
waltonloads11
AG
Per the forum they just had, them moving as a large group is out of the question and will not be allowed.
commando2004
AG
What did the current Walton residents do that was so bad?
barney94
AG
Same thing all the other dorms did - act like red blooded American males. Got rowdy and had fun.
WaltonAg18
AG
The current residents - specifically the class from 19 - had a reputation of being generally horrible. They didn't get along with the RHD, had constant issues with various forms of authority, reports of being racist and misogynistic, etc. University had plans of getting rid of The Hill and making it co-ed for a while now, they've just finally got what they need to justify it.
waltonloads11
AG
Reputation is one of the excuses that keeps being used for this without a lot of evidence to back it up when asked.

In regards to being racists...the group of Walton guys has always been diverse. With several minorties member being part of leadership within RHA and Student Bonfire. In fact, the "racist incident" that happened was from a female that was not involved with the Hall at all. It just conveniently happened near the hall and Texas A&M used that name nonstop. It should have been anincident that happened at A&M, not an incident that happened near Walton Hall.

Being sexist and misogynist? Yes, to all the females that loves at Walton... all 0 of them. Walton happens to support and help female dorms on campus such as Legett Hall. So much that Legett became their sister dorm. Same with Neeley Hall. Yes, totally sexist though.

But whatever agenda the university need to push in order to get rid of Walton Hall and all male living on campus and leave co-ed and all female living as the only options for dorms. That's not sexist at all.

Also the current residents are saints compared to residence of the past, winning hall of the year last year and is the frontrunner to win it again this year. I am confident that there are many more vices that occur in other student organizations and frats. But you know...reputation and just because.
WaltonAg18
AG
waltonloads11 said:

Reputation is one of the excuses that keeps being used for this without a lot of evidence to back it up when asked.

In regards to being racists...the group of Walton guys has always been diverse. With several minorties member being part of leadership within RHA and Student Bonfire. In fact, the "racist incident" that happened was from a female that was not involved with the Hall at all. It just conveniently happened near the hall and Texas A&M used that name nonstop. It should have been anincident that happened at A&M, not an incident that happened near Walton Hall.

Being sexist and misogynist? Yes, to all the females that loves at Walton... all 0 of them. Walton happens to support and help female dorms on campus such as Legett Hall. So much that Legett became their sister dorm. Same with Neeley Hall. Yes, totally sexist though.

But whatever agenda the university need to push in order to get rid of Walton Hall and all male living on campus and leave co-ed and all female living as the only options for dorms. That's not sexist at all.

Also the current residents are saints compared to residence of the past, winning hall of the year last year and is the frontrunner to win it again this year. I am confident that there are many more vices that occur in other student organizations and frats. But you know...reputation and just because.
"We're not racist! Look, we have four whole minorities at the front! Don't you want pictures to show our diversity?"
I've never heard as many close-minded and racist comments as I have during my experience in T.O. Walton hall, they're just getting better at preventing the public from talking about it. Maybe we should talk about some of the party themes they've had over the past couple of years.

You can be both sexist and misogynistic to females literally anywhere. Walton hardly does anything for Legett, and they actually see Hart as their brother dorm, since Hart isn't filled with a bunch of pr*cks. Spend five minutes with any Walton that had a mildly negative experience with Neeley and listen to them talk about how horrible the dorm is, how they're all a bunch of ****s, etc. etc.

It's almost like they're on a PR move to save the dorm as it's dying, how about that? Also, using the excuse "but everyone else is bad too!" isn't exactly the best. How often do Waltons talk about how "we aren't like frats, we're so much better"?
Ryan McColley-Perez
itburns2018 said:

waltonloads11 said:

"We're not racist! Look, we have four whole minorities at the front! Don't you want pictures to show our diversity?"
I've never heard as many close-minded and racist comments as I have during my experience in T.O. Walton hall, they're just getting better at preventing the public from talking about it. Maybe we should talk about some of the party themes they've had over the past couple of years.

You can be both sexist and misogynistic to females literally anywhere. Walton hardly does anything for Legett, and they actually see Hart as their brother dorm, since Hart isn't filled with a bunch of pr*cks. Spend five minutes with any Walton that had a mildly negative experience with Neeley and listen to them talk about how horrible the dorm is, how they're all a bunch of ****s, etc. etc.

It's almost like they're on a PR move to save the dorm as it's dying, how about that? Also, using the excuse "but everyone else is bad too!" isn't exactly the best. How often do Waltons talk about how "we aren't like frats, we're so much better"?
LOL. Four whole minorities? I hope you're joking Neeley. Walton has a higher percentage minority population then any other dorms on campus, because of its price. If you wanna talk about diversity, Walton is a truly a melting pot. It's the cheapest dorm on campus, and the fact that it's being taken away from many of its residents that can't afford other on campus housing options is sickening. Whether or not they are the people that hang out with the dorm or not, this is bigger than that. 300+ residents are being affected by this next year, and are forced to find new housing either on or off campus.

Are the residents there rowdy? Hell yeah we are. But that damn sure doesn't make us racist. You can be mad about it all you want, but there's a difference between us talking to one another, and directing comments towards other people. Walton hates Neeley because they are actually pieces of ***** They treat their fish like ****, and that's exactly why so many people don't hang out, with the exception of parties, or leave the dorm completely. And as for Legett, they hang out on a consistent basis with Walton. Always coming in and out of the lounge to study and doing dorm dinner every Wednesday with Walton, so I don't know where you're going with that. Also Walton and Legett were forced to become brother-sister dorms after Neeley & Hart when Co-Ed a few years back, but I'm assuming you are just not educated on how things used to be.

Walton is one of the most active dorms on campus, and represents student bonfire and the Aggie Traditions more so than any other dorm on campus. And if you're stubborn and selfish enough to think that the residents of the hall would do anything to put that in jeopardy, you're sadly mistaken.

Walton won hall of the year last year for a reason. It's because Walton is the true keepers of the spirit. Even more so than the Corps. Talk all the **** you want about us, but this damn university needs us. (even if it's simply a place that blame can be assigned to when any **** happens)

Walton Loads.

WaltonAg18
AG
rampster21 said:

itburns2018 said:

waltonloads11 said:

LOL. Four whole minorities? I hope you're joking Neeley. Walton has a higher percentage minority population then any other dorms on campus, because of its price. If you wanna talk about diversity, Walton is a truly a melting pot. It's the cheapest dorm on campus, and the fact that it's being taken away from many of its residents that can't afford other on campus housing options is sickening. Whether or not they are the people that hang out with the dorm or not, this is bigger than that. 300+ residents are being affected by this next year, and are forced to find new housing either on or off campus.

Actually, I'm also from Walton. I'm not sure when the last time you were around was, but when I was a pisshead I heard Johnny Rebel as well as similar music being blasted from the tables. Walton is definitely not the highest percentage minority resident, that's easily FHK.

Are the residents there rowdy? Hell yeah we are. But that damn sure doesn't make us racist. You can be mad about it all you want, but there's a difference between us talking to one another, and directing comments towards other people. Walton hates Neeley because they are actually pieces of ***** They treat their fish like ****, and that's exactly why so many people don't hang out, with the exception of parties, or leave the dorm completely. And as for Legett, they hang out on a consistent basis with Walton. Always coming in and out of the lounge to study and doing dorm dinner every Wednesday with Walton, so I don't know where you're going with that. Also Walton and Legett were forced to become brother-sister dorms after Neeley & Hart when Co-Ed a few years back, but I'm assuming you are just not educated on how things used to be.

You sure do assume a lot about what I know or don't know. There were times when Walton hated every dorm at least once, like when Legett refused to go to events and chose to hang out with Hart instead. Neeley pulled plenty of bull**** a couple of years ago. Walton doesn't have a sister dorm, because if you'll ask anyone in a position of power at Legett within the past four years, you'd realize that their loyalty really lies with Hart, esp. since that's who they cut under.

Walton is one of the most active dorms on campus, and represents student bonfire and the Aggie Traditions more so than any other dorm on campus. And if you're stubborn and selfish enough to think that the residents of the hall would do anything to put that in jeopardy, you're sadly mistaken.

Walton is indeed one of the most active dorms on campus, but it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch.

Walton won hall of the year last year for a reason. It's because Walton is the true keepers of the spirit. Even more so than the Corps. Talk all the **** you want about us, but this damn university needs us. (even if it's simply a place that blame can be assigned to when any **** happens)

The university doesn't give two ****s about Walton, clearly.

Walton Loads.

I have a lot of trouble believing that you're as "Walton" as you think you are. Bc if you were as redass as it seems like you're claiming, you'd know that the proper form is:

Walton Loads!

Purple Parrot
Damn man. I lived in Moses back in the day and hated Walton but this is ridiculous. Please fight this Walton
Predmid
AG
Nice/Sad to know some things never change at A&M.

Pour one out for Walton, you inglorious *******s.
Grits
AG
Random update* Last I heard TAMU has said that a title 9 can't be filed pre emptively, so Walton will have to wait.

I also saw a few kids walk into a restaurant last semester with Walton t's on, I asked them if they had lived in the dorm....as it turns out they were frat kids who said they were just leaving a white trash party. I don't like Frats in general, but thats the image that Walton gained. Regardless of the validity, when youre In a group that picks up a bad image you have to fight tooth and nail to show people this isn't who you are. Obviously enough wasn't done soon enough. It's not fair, and it sucks.
reddestass16
AG
More than anything, the TAMU admin and RHA HATE bonfire and everything that comes along with it, both good and bad. Walton winning dorm of the year all the time and most of the bonfire dorms being the runners up haven't helped. Forcing the "freshman priority" (aka all freshman dorms) didn't slow down bonfire recruitment and they are now trying a new tactic.
Desert Ag
AG
[url= DCM_104688 at Student Bonfire]Walton Loads with Sq 17[/url]
Pro Sandy
AG
Walton Sucks

Moses Hall
Red Ass *******s
Meanest Mother ****ers on campus
First in, last out
**** You [Walton]

But in all honesty, this is more bull***** Fight it, Walton. But you still suck.
StickTogetherAgs
WaltonAg18
AG
The chiefs this year have done a pretty good job working to reverse some of the reputation the dorm gained over the past couple of years, and it looks like a lot of the rumors and general campus-wide hatred has simmered down. Numbers weren't exactly the best, but that's to be expected for the first year of going co-ed. IIRC, a few of the chiefs were taking residence within Hart while a fishbuddy or two had residence within the actual dorm. I'm remaining hopeful, but realistically a lot of changes are going to need to be made before they start pulling the numbers that Hart managed this year.

Moses Hall blows us all,

Walton Loads!
WtHrOoOlPl
AG
If you make Walton co-ed they will not have any reason to leave the dorm now. I expect 100% drop-out rate and plumbing to fail 3x as often due to hygiene products and makeup being flushed when it should be trashed.

I blame the University for '99. Walton didn't load due to '98 rules infractions. Engineering faculty had been banned from helping load in an official capacity. The lessons of '94 weren't heeded with chemical toughening of the soil. **** you Aggie administration. Let Walton remain Walton.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Walton didn't load in 99 in name only.
commando2004
AG
WtHrOoOlPl said:

The lessons of '94 weren't heeded with chemical toughening of the soil.
The university spread two tons of lime on the site. What more "chemical toughening of the soil" did you expect?

According to the official report, the primary structural problems in 1999 were:

• Aggressive "wedging" of upper-tier logs into lower tiers, causing lower-tier wiring to break.
  • Lack of "super-set" steel cables.
  • Near-vertical log placement (in contrast to the more-angled logs of previous years).
  • Asymmetric build, exacerbated by ground slope.
waltonloads11
AG
Does anyone have any updates on how Walton did this past bonfire year? Recruitment for bonfire? The passdowns? And how they are moving forward in the future?
WaltonAg18
AG
waltonloads11 said:

Does anyone have any updates on how Walton did this past bonfire year? Recruitment for bonfire? The passdowns? And how they are moving forward in the future?
Squadron 17 was enlisted to help with loading, but the Cut Site for this past year was sh*t so I'm not sure how well they did compared to previous years. Numbers were hurting, but I think they'll do better in the upcoming season as they adapt and modify their recruiting methods. I've tried to stay in contact with the boys for this year, they're doing alright for themselves. As far as I know, 99% of the traditions for passdowns have remained the same, but they might have to change some things to help keep who they picked up.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
waltonloads11
AG
Do you know if they still make their trip to Austin to obtain the eternal flame to light the bonfire with? Or is the site changed now based on who we play?
WaltonAg18
AG
waltonloads11 said:

Do you know if they still make their trip to Austin to obtain the eternal flame to light the bonfire with? Or is the site changed now based on who we play?
Still a thing, still in Austin!
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.