Yellowpot history question

19,379 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CRussi
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend and I were talking the other day and the conversation turned to when Appelt got their Yellow. My recollection was Bonfire 96, but I could be wrong.

That led to a broader discussion as to the history of some of the other yellows.

I seem to remember that Moses had the oldest yellow on campus, dating back to the mid-late 70s. The first in Moore's yellow line was Bonfire '80 (although we always heard rumors that there were yellows before then, they just didn't pass the pot down). FHK got their yellow in 97 IIRC.

What about some of the other dorms?
Keegan99
AG
Appelt's first year with a yellow was '96. The poster 'Bonfire 1996' is that yellow.

Lechner's first year with a yellow was 91.

I think Hart's yellowpot line goes back to the late 70's as well.
oldyeller
AG
The OC yellowpot line goes back to '81.
Zeke1995
AG
The Moses Yellow pot started in Bonfire 1974, and two of the crew chief lines started in Bonfire 1979.

These are the oldest as far as I am aware.

[edit] - Now that I think about it, the Moses Yellowpot started in 1974, not 1973 as originally written.]

[This message has been edited by Zeke1995 (edited 11/11/2009 10:34a).]
Kampfers
AG
Hart's Yellow line started in 1975 with Darrell "Iron Gut" Zettler. We still maintain contact with three of the yellows from the 70s. And we still have the original pot.
YellowPot_97
AG
][otard's yellow went back to the '80s
Bonfire1996
AG
Hello.
Otto
AG
Walton's started in 1980
Keegan99
AG
Oh, and FHK's first year with a yellow was Bonfire '97.

FHK became a complex starting in the Fall of '96. Before that it was treated as three distinct dorms, with Fowler for men and Hughes and Keathley for women*.

The two Fowler crew chiefs led FHK for Bonfire '96 and the yellow and two additional chief lines were added for Bonfire '97.

*Prior to being the FHKplex, that area of Northside was generally referred to in conversation as "Keathley Fowler Hughes", but when the complex was formed it magically went from that K-F-H order to FHK. Convenient.

[This message has been edited by Keegan99 (edited 11/2/2009 2:40p).]
Bonfire1996
AG
From the Kentucky Fried Complex to the Fu[kplex.
DE4D
AG
Moses Hall - Red Ass *******s

Hart 12
Hart still has original yellow pot, and i know its from seventies as said before, don't know exact year since i'm not the yellowpot.
BBYD09
AG
from what ive always heard about the hart yellow, is that the pot itself is from 69, but the yellow line didnt start until 75
ChipFTAC01
AG
For you old OC folks, I heard a rumor when I was in school that at one point in time there were two OC yellows, an OC College Station yellow and a OC Bryan yellow. Can anyone confirm/deny that?
Bonfire1996
AG
Not oca, but I remember hearing they used to pull so many numbers they needed three yellows and something like thirteen crew chiefs.

Frigging bad ass.
nkaechler
AG
1982 - 3 Yellowpots

OCA (now OC) was pulling hundreds, brought their own chainsaws and tractors, were pulling their own logs to load site. Basically self-sufficient section of cut site.

A YP for front woods, middle woods, and back woods. Old Red from that year said most crews had about 50-75 yards of tractor path frontage, and they had to give OCA couple hundred yards.

[This message has been edited by nkaechler (edited 11/5/2009 7:31p).]
Bonfire1996
AG
Greatness
20redass12
Dunn's yellow line started some time in the 70's
Locknload
AG
I was Dunn Yellow in 1976.
aggies11
AG
locknload, can you shoot me an email at aggies11 at gmail dot com?

I'd like to get you in touch with our current yellow for dunn right now, and maybe you could make an appearance at a pregame dunn hall tailgate or somethin awesome of that sort
agcoop10
AG
You must be a popular guy locknload, I'd be interested in an email from you, too. My dad was Dunn class of '79, President his senior year.

email is bcooper615 at gmail dot com
Backbone6
Backbone6
LocknLoad, I was Dunn YP in 93, there's some history missing, maybe you have it.
TxAgswin
AG
Del Campo, that you? I might be a year or two off...
agnatgas
AG
agcoop - I knew your Dad and was on dorm council with him. I'm sorry for his passing, but glad that you are keeping the tradition.
agnatgas
AG
Locknload - Bonfire 76 was my freshman year - Fish Craven here - the Bofire completely cemented my love for all things Aggie. Shoot me an email at agnatgas at yahoo dot com
shinerbalk
crocker yellow was in 80's?
TomDoss97
It's a Dunn reunion. Head Crew Chief from Bonfire '97 here.
Deats99
AG
Del Campo Was '92 I beleive that would be Mr.(insert rank here)Erickson{sic)

"When the government fears the people, you have liberty; when the people fear the government, you have tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson
YellowPot_97
AG
man there's a bunch of old ****s in here
wadd96
AG
Deats, were you a Dunn pot also?

Del Campo was YP my fish year...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Only Appelt man (and non-reg Southsider) from '02/leadership. Had to learn as I went...would love to help the line out any way I can. Met some of the dorm fish and sophomores at Burn last year and was impressed.
Backbone6
Yep, sorry I got back to this late. This is Bryan Erickson, Chris Del Campo was my dad.
wadd96
AG
What's up Erickson? How's life? Yes, the handle is the same name I went by back in Dunn.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson
Locknload
AG
gcraven, I was your freakin' suite mate that named you Fish Craven!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.