***Verity*** (possible spoilers)

676 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by 13B
13B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to see this with my wife today. She really likes the Colleen Hoover and Frieda McFadden books. This seems to be Hoover trying on McFadden's style. I feel like there were some plot holes (I have not read this book) but still interesting enough to discuss the ending. I won't post my thoughts on it yet. I put potential "spoiler tag" to buy some time for those that haven't seen it yet but am interested in other's take on it.
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everything I've heard about this movie is that it is a steaming hot mess. Probably a stream for us at this point.
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoyed the book. Didn't know they made a movie of it.
Fairview
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Even though this is a spoiler thread - warning about spoilers below.







My wife wanted to see it because she read the book. I went into it cold knowing nothing.

It was meh. Pretty clear she was faking the whole time and the twist would be on the husband.

All that said - Verity could've come clean when the girl confronted her or any number of times. Worst case, the husband read the autobiography and believed it so I don't see him as the bad guy. Or Verity was a psycho and did kill the kid and the dude wasn't the bad guy at all.

I lean towards her being psycho but it's clearly meant to be open. The autobiography was supposedly written to be the opposite of everything but the teeth marks she talked about were actually in the bed. Also why would she have told the other kid not to talk about what happened the day the sister died if she just drowned.

It was clearly an oversexed female targeted movie which I'm guessing the book was too. My wife who read the book didn't like the movie but did like the book even though it was a long time ago she read it.

The most interesting part to me was thinking about reading some books from the villains POV like Verity's stuff was.
13B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fairview said:


Even though this is a spoiler thread - warning about spoilers below.







My wife wanted to see it because she read the book. I went into it cold knowing nothing.

It was meh. Pretty clear she was faking the whole time and the twist would be on the husband.

All that said - Verity could've come clean when the girl confronted her or any number of times. Worst case, the husband read the autobiography and believed it so I don't see him as the bad guy. Or Verity was a psycho and did kill the kid and the dude wasn't the bad guy at all.

I lean towards her being psycho but it's clearly meant to be open. The autobiography was supposedly written to be the opposite of everything but the teeth marks she talked about were actually in the bed. Also why would she have told the other kid not to talk about what happened the day the sister died if she just drowned.

It was clearly an oversexed female targeted movie which I'm guessing the book was too. My wife who read the book didn't like the movie but did like the book even though it was a long time ago she read it.

The most interesting part to me was thinking about reading some books from the villains POV like Verity's stuff was.


Everything you wrote is exactly my situation and take. Having not read the book and relying on the movie to present the material.The twist I was expecting was that the husband wrote "So Be It".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.