David Fincher directing a sequel to ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

22,859 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EDIT: Wrong thread.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn it! I put all of these in the wrong thread. My bad!
Mr.Milkshake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can put those tokens to better use than deploying a bot for Texags posts
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never once used bots to post on this site. In my All Bookmarks view, this thread was simply near the thread for The Social Network sequel, which is what I mean to click on, but I clicked on the wrong one. It didn't help that I then saw the image of Fincher on the previous page, without reading the tweet, which subconsciously made me think I was in the right thread (for The Social Network sequel). Didn't realize my error until after my four back-to-back posts and I returned to the main E-board page.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cliff.Booth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Loved his character in the original.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:


Thats that HI-waiian burger joint.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

TCTTS said:



Thats that HI-waiian burger joint.

I heard they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself, how are they?
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell yes. 2 week IMAX release.

https://share.google/xjTL5tUt24JbHk7cJ
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We finally have an official title...

The Further Mis-Adventures of Cliff Booth
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt36450533/
November 25, 2026 = IMAX Exclusive
December 23, 2026 = Netflix

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:



I'll say it again, if you haven't read Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, you should. QT will have a second career is an author. As we all know, he's great at writing dialogue and characters.

surfandturfsbisa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree- the book is almost like watching all of the deleted scenes for the movie. It kind of assumes you know everything that happened in the film, and is mostly the stuff in between. Kind of like if you have watched the movie's worth of deleted scenes from This is Spinal Tap.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still think a movie about Cliff Booth pulling the DB Cooper hijacking would be amazing. Booth was special ops in WW2 so could have gained parachuting skills on jumps over Europe. He was out of a job at end of OUATIH and by 1971 may have been tempted to pull off a big heist.
Apache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I still think a movie about Cliff Booth pulling the DB Cooper hijacking would be amazing.

....but he was a fairly well known face as Rick Dalton's stunt double. Might be hard for him to disappear. Then again, Cliff Booth don't GAF.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Btron said:

TCTTS said:



I'll say it again, if you haven't read Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, you should. QT will have a second career is an author. As we all know, he's great at writing dialogue and characters.




+1 for this
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Further Mis-Adventures of Cliff Booth
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt36450533/
November 25, 2026 = IMAX Exclusive
December 23, 2026 = Netflix

O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prosperdick said:

double aught said:

TCTTS said:



Thats that HI-waiian burger joint.

I heard they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself, how are they?

Tasty beverages as well.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank God.

Seeing as we haven't had a proper, wide theatrical release from Fincher since 2014's Gone Girl.

Mank (2020), The Killer (2023), and The Further Mis-Adventures of Cliff Booth (2026) were/are all Netflix movies, the latter two of which were/will be barely in theaters. The first only a week in super limited release, the second only in IMAX for two weeks.

Granted, Fincher's Netflix deal *did* launch the modern streaming era with House of Cards (2013), and gave us two season of one of one the best shows of the past decade, Mindhunter (2017, 2019). His streaming efforts both changed television forever, and outshined his more experimental streaming movies during the same time period.

But it's high time Fincher finally returned to releasing movies for mass audiences, in theaters, with proper, nation-wide runs...

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.