Gary Holt of Exodus, Slayer defends Taylor Swift

2,258 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by LCE
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/metal-guitarist-gary-holt-of-exodus-slayer-defends-taylor-swift-why-all-the-hate/ar-BB1qvEgJ?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=80564365e20e4b07872a8e0f628744c1&ei=19][/url]

Metal guitarist Gary Holt of Exodus, Slayer defends Taylor Swift: 'Why all the hate?' (msn.com)

"I love Taylor Swift. Why all the hate?" Holt said on the July 16 episode. "She's an extraordinarily hard worker. She's super (expletive) nice to everybody, and people hate her."

He added: "She's just the biggest popstar on Earth, and more power to her. I like the songs. I love pop."

"Taylor writes everything. And so, I give her credit," Holt said. "She's a songwriter. And some of these other people, they require massive teams."

Gary Holt calls Beyonc the 'most overrated talent on Earth'

"While making his case for Swift's songwriting credibility, Holt criticized pop icon Beyonc for her numerous collaborators. "Beyonc will put out a song, and there's 30 (expletive) people on it. How can 30 people write a song, all gathered together?" Holt said. "It's just like a factory of songwriting. Who even knows who did what anymore when there's like 20 names on it."

Amen Gary. It's okay for metal heads to enjoy Taylor Swift's music and give her kudos.

What say you TexAgs?
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
20ag07
Quote:

What say you TexAgs?
We didn't need another Taylor Swift thread, which could have been posted under your other threads, about a quote from someone we don't care about, and misspelled Beyonce at least 3 times.
Counterpoint
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

What say you TexAgs?
We didn't need another Taylor Swift thread, which could have been posted under your other threads, about a quote from someone we don't care about, and misspelled Beyonce at least 3 times.
The misspelling is because of a weird Texags glitch for the acute over the E in Beyonce's name. Try it!
Beyonc
(The rest I can't defend!)
Lathspell
AG
C@LAg
OP:

Tay-tay:

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Metal
Aggie Therapist
AG
Got you googling Taylor GIFs and posting them on TexAgs

Mission accomplished
C@LAg
Aggie Therapist said:

Got you googling Taylor GIFs and posting them on TexAgs

Mission accomplished
not as bad as a grown ass man running to Texags to defend Taylor's honor or whatever.

sure your wife (?) is proud.
Aggie Therapist
AG
She's a big swiftie.

She finds it hilarious how upset y'all get
agdoc2001
AG
Medice, cura te ipsum
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cliff.Booth
I know it's ironic given the name, but I don't mean it ironically.
Stat Monitor Repairman
20ag07 said:

Quote:

What say you TexAgs?
Thought it was a very fine post.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

She's a big swiftie.

She finds it hilarious how upset y'all get

Nobody cares.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Yet here you are…..caring.
Gigem314
AG
This thread stares directly at the sun but never in the mirror…
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

"I love Taylor Swift. Why all the hate?" Holt said on the July 16 episode. "She's an extraordinarily hard worker. She's super (expletive) nice to everybody, and people hate her."

Quote:

What say you TexAgs?
i say that I see far more people online complaining about Taylor Swift hate than I ever see actual Taylor Swift hate. She's the highest grossing touring act ever, so much that they put her tour movie in theaters for little girls to go watch it again and again. what the **** else do you Swifties expect?

Respect? Thanks?

20ag07
In this case, a known troll, who posts 30x a day, wanted to stir up *****

And he didn't get the Taylor bashing he expected, he just got told repeatedly that his obnoxious posts are dumb.

But he'd have you believe he was a good therapist.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Speaking of trolls…..aren't you the user who claims Taylor Swift doesn't have a single hit off of TTPD?

Lmao
Gigem314
AG
AGinHI
AG
I opened this thread because I listened to Slayer back when I was a teenager. Reign in Blood (1986) was the last album I bought.

And, I was shocked by this statement:
Quote:

"Taylor writes everything. And so, I give her credit," Holt said. "She's a songwriter. And some of these other people, they require massive teams."
Here Rick Beato discusses Taylor's team in comparison with the Beatles. I've started the video where he talks about the number of writers contributing to Swift's 12 number 1 songs and further goes in to how producers create pop music
well_endowed_ag
Brool cory sto
General Jack D. Ripper
Why so much swift hate? I don't listen to her but it's odd.
There was this one time at ban camp…
Bruce Almighty
AG
General Jack D. Ripper said:

People hate things that become mega popular.
62strat
AG
AGinHI said:

I opened this thread because I listened to Slayer back when I was a teenager. Reign in Blood (1986) was the last album I bought.

And, I was shocked by this statement:
Quote:

Here Rick Beato discusses Taylor's team in comparison with the Beatles. I've started the video where he talks about the number of writers contributing to Swift's 12 number 1 songs and further goes in to how producers create pop music

this is exactly what came to mind when I read Gary's quote about 'others needing massive teams'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64th_Annual_Grammy_Awards

Album of the Year

that's a lot of people.
Aggie Therapist
AG

Negativity on a message board is all. I've started other threads regarding different genres or posing different questions and get a different set of users offering feedback and positive commentary.

Mention Taylor Swift and people lose their mind.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My mind went to the same thing.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Who lost their minds? Show me evidence of all the hate.

You are just trolling for reactions and then declaring that you got the reaction you wanted. Congrats?
Lathspell
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

Who lost their minds? Show me evidence of all the hate.

You are just trolling for reactions and then declaring that you got the reaction you wanted. Congrats?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Well, I'll just go back to learning Taylor covers on my new flying v
Sea Speed
AG
I worked a slayer/Judas priest show many many years ago and got all the drum heads from slayers kit and sold them on eBay for a bunch of money.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Well that's badass.

Grew up listening to Judas Priest amongst many other 80s metal.

Still my favorite genre
62strat
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Well, I'll just go back to learning Taylor covers on my new flying v
swift songs probably sound better on acoustic though.

Aggie Therapist
AG
I've been eyeing a nice Taylor for a long time. But I needed to get my child hood dream purchases out of the way and my love for all things 80s thrash metal
LCE
AG

Everyone hates her…she couldn't fill a small arena if there was free admission.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.