**** TRAP **** another Shyamalan thing…

10,037 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by nai06
MBAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

This movie was bad but there are some redeeming qualities. The first half is actually pretty fun.

The thing I'm struggling with is what was the expectation when Josh Hartnett would get stopped by the police? What proof did they have that he is the killer? They know there's around 3k males at the concert, and a profiler tells them "Well he's going to be a 40 year old male with a dark car". So they just stop any normal looking white male and ask them "Hey do you have a dark car?" and that's going to be enough to arrest him for murder? Huh?

Unless I'm missing some detail that Shyamalan thought of (I doubt it) it just seems like an insanely huge plot hole. I get that he was just trying to work backwards from a concept that would center around making his daughter a pop star and her putting on an entire concert in a movie, but come on...

Also, I really didn't think his daughter would become a main character and have that much dialogue. She was really bad. That scene where she was acting like his mom... good lord

Dude literally everything about this movie is a plot hole.

Sex Panther
AG
I know it's bad... I'm just trying to not completely **** on it
pfo
AG
We liked Trap
Btron
AG
I liked Trap as well. 3.5/5
I thought Night did some awesome shots and directorial work. The dressing room mirror, overhead crowd shots, tea kettle, and how about all the extras! I don't think there was any CGI used, that was very fun to see. The way he crafted a concert, all the law enforcement people, it felt real and had an old school film style, verse green screen.
I also liked the ancillary characters, the t-shirt sales guy, rival mom, and the blonde hair pop star discussing how he will doo doo because his assistant put whole milk in his latte. I didn't love his daughter, but as a dad, I get it. Do what you want to help your family even if you get some blow back. Also kind of an underlining theme of the film itself.

But man, Josh Harnett was awesome. I hope he gets cast more. Great to see him in this and he did a great job of slowing unravelling. Ticks, bursts and deep stares.

It was fun, 90 mins or so, and not gory at all. I like a good thriller but some these days are pushing the gore a bit too much for my liking.

Definitely not crap, in my opinion
Hwy30East
I saw this movie on Friday. Very suspenseful. It had plot turns that I never would have guessed. It immediately puts you on edge wondering where it's going. I'd give it a 6.5/10. The acting could have been better.
nai06
AG
uujm said:

Fool me 10 times... I'm not seeing this piece of crap.
It's almost like you knew how it would go.

This was a bad movie. Like all around not good. I feel like it asked me to suspend reality more than a marvel movie that has beings with superpowers in it.

When the movie started with enough SWAT officers to completely encircle the area at arms length, it kind of tipped you off where it was headed. The first 1/3 to half was decent but still full of so many deus ex machina moments (like finding the wallet).

Or let's talk about how a pop star was so integral and closely involved in a massive FBI sting operation from start to finish. To the point where she was in the the command headquarters watching the operation. Also that pop concert had like 3 intermissions for stage setups

The second half was just bad. Specifically the entire sequence of how the police were first tipped off, the wife's actions, his immediate response, police response, etc.

There were so many times the entire theater laughed out loud and not because it was a funny scene. At point point I overheard a woman next to us say, "How is this still going?" It felt very predictable as well.

Jonathan Langdon who played Jaime the merch seller was probably my favorite character. Although let's be honest, no way a merch guy spends any amount of time to talk to a customer beyond what size do you want. They certainly don't give away free merch either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.