Drumeo - Mike Portnoy attempts listen and learn of Tool's Pneuma

6,029 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by cajunaggie08
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is going to cause old man rage.

I think her version is decent, but definitely no replacement.
PatAg
AG
Its not supposed to be a replacement, that's not the point of the series.
Average Joe
AG
Oh wow, I haven't listened to The Mars Volta since like their second or third album came out. Their debut album was phenomenal.
Mathguy64
AG
She played it with a set of Neil Peart sticks but has never heard of Rush?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mathguy64 said:

She played it with a set of Neil Peart sticks but has never heard of Rush?

To be fair she never said she hadn't heard of Rush. Only that she didn't know Limelight.
well_endowed_ag
For as good as Peart was, the drum parts he recorded on their albums are really weak and uninteresting for the most part. He was a much better live drummer.
PatAg
AG
Average Joe said:

Oh wow, I haven't listened to The Mars Volta since like their second or third album came out. Their debut album was phenomenal.
De-Loused in the Comatorium, one of my all time favorite albums front to back. Great cover art too.
Didnt really stay a fan as they went more expiremental with their sounds, outside of a few songs.
Eliminatus
AG
A new one just released. Was waiting for this one! I've been following Eloy for years now and this is one of my favorite Mastodon Songs that I learned how to play myself years ago. What an amazing artist this dude is.

I love seeing the dichotomy of the methods used to learn and play with the two extremes being Portnoy and Eloy here. Portnoy approaches it like a surgeon, having to understand it perfectly before a cut is made. While Eloy is the street doc who starts chopping immediately because you can't go to the hospital where they will be asking uncomfortable questions. Really cool to see what works for different people.

Enjoy another master at work!

Lathspell
AG
I'm not a drummer, but I don't think anyone is going to compete with Chad Smith's episode. That was just great.

I did like that one woman playing to Bulls on Parade. Probably because I just think female musicians are hot.
Lathspell
AG
They release another Chad Smith one... wtf.

Everyone else listens then plays. Chad's like, "ain't noone got time for that ***** I'mma just play!"

PatAg
AG

This guy recorded audio cues for himself to prompt himself for whats coming up
Eliminatus
AG
Loved this one. I think I was Samus's like 30K subscriber bout a decade plus ago. He's mostly a meme drummer but is insanely talented underneath all the jokes and silliness. His chops are otherworldly and when it comes pure cleanliness of work he is one of my top three of all time.

The audio cures is so stupid simple and effective. Looks like it may become more popular after this video!
62strat
AG
Eliminatus said:

Loved this one. I think I was Samus's like 30K subscriber bout a decade plus ago. He's mostly a meme drummer but is insanely talented underneath all the jokes and silliness. His chops are otherworldly and when it comes pure cleanliness of work he is one of my top three of all time.

The audio cures is so stupid simple and effective. Looks like it may become more popular after this video!
I came across his yt page when empath came out and he put up the video of him in the studio. Quickly became a fan. anyone who plays enter sandman with dildos gets my vote lol.

He has pristine accuracy.

PatAg
AG

This was both good and the drummer was...standard drummer weirdness lol
cajunaggie08
AG
Lathspell said:

They release another Chad Smith one... wtf.

Everyone else listens then plays. Chad's like, "ain't noone got time for that ***** I'mma just play!"

And his version was better than the original on the first try
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.