Billie Eilish - Hit Me Hard and Soft

3,715 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Belton Ag
Moral High Horse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I decided to give billie a fair shot. Went off of this list to listen to the top 3 songs:

https://people.com/billie-eilish-best-songs-ranked-8606380

Verdict:

Auto-tuned whisper-moan-singing crap. Pretty sure Randy Marsh is behind all this

boy09
AG
Tobias Funke said:

My wife is a huge BE fan and got me into her music this year, and I've gotta say- as stellar as Billie is, her brother/producer Finneas is at the absolute top of his game. Really catchy basslines, interesting tempo switches, and melodies that are perfect for her voice and style.

New album is fantastic from start to finish. Recommend checking her out if you haven't before!
They've always made catchy music, and this is some of their best work to date imo.

Also, this thread has gone just about exactly as expected..
Cliff.Booth
Tobias I never laughed out loud at you being gay. That doesn't matter to me, if you are. I just expressed annoyance that I'm finding Swift and Eilish threads on a website populated mostly by 30+ year old dudes. I already see their **** on social media without ever seeking it out. You're perfectly entitled to listen to and enjoy Eilish. I'd love to see threads about less mainstream, teen-oriented music is all.
LMCane
Cliff.Booth said:

Not that we need another thread of dudes talking about Rush and AIC and **** but damn, Taylor and Eilish threads on a board presumably for men who have graduated from a four year university.
Oh we definitely need another thread talking about Rush!!

Can't believe grown men willingly listen to Billy Eilish!

AggieOO
Cliff.Booth said:

I'd love to see threads about less mainstream, teen-oriented music is all.
here's an idea...start some threads about your favorite teen-oriented music.
Unemployed
AG
Just finished listening to the whole album. It's okay. More of the same for her - melancholy with some harmony mixed in.

The best song is "Birds of a Feather". More upbeat (at least compared to her other songs) and she didn't try to whisper sing it.

62strat
AG
Unemployed said:

The best song is "Birds of a Feather". More upbeat (at least compared to her other songs) and she didn't try to whisper sing it.

song sounds like something out of blue october's catalog.
Don't entirely dig the whispery female vocal (which you say she didn't do here, I disagree and can't imagine what she sounds like when she is whispering.)
But if Justin was singing this song it would be on point for something I'd listen to in that genre of music.

I've always like the I,vi,ii,V/V7 progression as well. Ol Blue Moon.
Cliff.Booth
AggieOO said:

Cliff.Booth said:

Except for that I said I'd like to see more about music that isn't super mainstream AND isn't marketed toward teens.
Whos Juan
AG
Guys, can we just all agree that Mexicans are the worst?
AggieOO
Cliff.Booth said:

AggieOO said:

Cliff.Booth said:

Except for that I said I'd like to see more about music that isn't super mainstream AND isn't marketed toward teens.
ok, well then start those threads.
Belton Ag
AG
Whos Juan said:

Guys, can we just all agree that Mexicans are the worst?

Worse than the Irish?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.