RIP Dabney Coleman

3,232 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Philo B 93
Big Cat `93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I loved Cloak & Dagger as a kid. He was really good in The Man with One Red Shoe, too.
rononeill
My first exposure to a silencer. I remember asking my dad why they were using darts instead of bullets.
Trajan88
AG
He was great as the owner of Bait magazine (think Hustler magazine) in the Dragnet movie (circa '87).

Philo B 93
Excuse my inner-Redstone here, but the first thing I thought about with Dabney Coleman was his role in "Buffalo Bill" a sitcom that ran 2 seasons in 1983. He was a talk show host in Buffalo NY. It was a pretty mid sitcom in a time of mid sitcoms, but for some reason I downloaded it about 10 years ago and watched the whole thing. I remember a lot of on-screen smoking, big cloth couches, and shag carpet. Probably a bunch of plots and lines that wil never be heard again due to certain sociatal changes in the past few years. Kind of a shame, but the show wasn't exactly Seinfeld.
Iowaggie
AG
I had forgotten about Buffalo Bill. My memory of that show from my much younger days is thinking, that older brother from Simon & Simon is on TWO shows right now???? For too many years, I'd see a movie with Coleman in it and think he's the guy from Simon & Simon.

(Rick Simon was portrayed by Gerald McRaney, not Coleman.)

Redstone
AG
It was good. I can remember being 3 with it on in the background.

Did you view the original run of the show?

RIP.
Philo B 93
Redstone said:

It was good. I can remember being 3 with it on in the background.

Did you view the original run of the show?

RIP.

No, I didn't watch it originally. In 1983, I spent a lot of time in my bedroom listening to some early Nirvana and Pearl Jam mp3s via Bluetooth on my 15 inch MacBook Pro.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.