Interstellar being rereleased in IMAX in September

1,938 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Rex Racer
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/interstellar-imax-70-mm-rerelease-fall-2024-christopher-nolan-1235967907/

Didn't see it anywhere. Sign me up please!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I'll go just to see the giant ocean planet in imax
Furlock Bones
AG
In!
phatbc
TAKE ALL MY MONEY
TCTTS
AG
This movie has had such a resurgence since 2014, at home, on streaming, on social media, in meme culture, etc. Those who initially loved it love it even more so now, many who disliked it initially have come around in a big way, while younger generations have fallen in love with it as well. Especially in the wake of Oppenheimer, I really do think it'll be a big hit again in IMAX.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

This movie really has had such a resurgence since 2014, at home, on streaming, on social media, in meme culture, etc. Those who initially loved it love it even more so now, many who disliked it initially have come around in a big way, while younger generations have fallen in love with it as well. Especially in the wake of Oppenheimer, I think this could be a big hit again in IMAX.
I am in that bolded group, although I took a fairly unique route to that opinion. Loved it while I was in the theater, but I saw it on the Saturday that A&M played third ranked Auburn, a game I was 100% certain the Ags would lose. As it happened, there was a bar in the theater lobby with the game on their TV - when I saw the score of the game, I literally forgot the movie entirely. Totally gone. All of my focus was on an unexpected development on the Plains. The Ags won, but it was not until I watched the movie at home that I remembered just how great it is (my third favorite sci-fi movie behind Alien and Blade Runner).

I have only had one other 100% certainty of a game the Ags would lose that we ended up winning - 1984's game against the sips, which was another unexpected road win.
#FJB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of the best movie scores ever. Can't wait to hear it live in September.
Moral High Horse
MURRRRRRRRPHHHHHHH!
StinkyPinky
AG
Sweet! Fortunate for me I'm probably one of five people left in the world that hasn't seen it yet.
oragator
I watched it again the other day.
The science, the complicated plot and the grandeur of it is what's always talked about understandably. But the thing that's underrated about that movie is how many competing human motivations they manage to fit into it. Almost everyone is motivated by something different and they're all valid for the characters. The story does good job delving into human nature as they're sifted through.
But yeah, a bunch of scenes will be great in imax.
C@LAg
StinkyPinky said:

Sweet! Fortunate for me I'm probably one of five people left in the world that hasn't seen it yet.
me too. six people
TCTTS
AG
Obligatory...

DargelSkout
AG
C@LAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

me too. six people

I finally saw it a few months ago because of everyone on here raving about it. I liked it. It would probably be great in IMAX.
AgTrip
C@LAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

me too. six people
I don't do "Mr. Alright Alright Alright" so never seen this either...Seven!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Struggling to think of a movie that has aged better in the past 10 years.
FancyKetchup14
AG
AgTrip said:

C@LAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

me too. six people

Bummer you feel that way cause you've missed out on some pretty remarkable stuff the last 10 years.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Trying to time a sibling trip to see it with my brother, wonder if it will still be in theaters in mid-Nov?
AgTrip
FancyKetchup14 said:

AgTrip said:

C@LAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

me too. six people

Bummer you feel that way cause you've missed out on some pretty remarkable stuff the last 10 years.
Magic mike? Dallas buyer's club? I had no desire to see those no matter who was in them. What else would I be missing? Failure to launch? lol
oragator
It was right around 10 years ago, but if you missed season 1 of True Detective you missed one of the best seasons of TV ever.
FancyKetchup14
AG
True Detective Season 1
Interstellar
Dallas Buyers Club
Mud
Killer Joe
Bernie
cr0wbar
AG
This whole anti McConaughey flex isn't quite what yall think it is lol
Rocagnante
AG
You misspelled Aliens as one of your favorite sci-f films. Left off the "s"….
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Rocagnante said:

You misspelled Aliens as one of your favorite sci-f films. Left off the "s"….
Aliens. The one that was pretty much exactly like the one without the s, except with guns and marines and other window-dressing? Is that the movie you're talking about?

Alien > Aliens >>>>> Alien 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alien Resurrection

Aliens is a great movie in its own right, but Alien is far superior.
#FJB
StinkyPinky
AG
AgTrip said:

C@LAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

me too. six people
True Detective is a must watch.
Fenrir
I don't know if the renovation will be done in time but this would be absolutely amazing to watch at the Omni Theater in FW.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think I've ever not watched a movie or show because of a single actor. If something is good it's good and no single actor could keep from watching it/appreciating it.
AgTrip
TCTTS said:

I don't think I've ever not watched a movie or show because of a single actor. If something is good it's good and no single actor could keep from watching it/appreciating it.
Do you listen to music from artists you don't like? I don't, no matter how good some of the band members are. What else can I say, I don't like the actor so why would I watch movies he's in? Simple as that. I'm sure there are movies I like or others like that you have no desire to see no matter how good we think they are. That's the great thing about art. It's subjective.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I can think of a few that I simply won't watch their work. Mostly due to political statements that I disagree with enough to determine that giving any of my hard-earned money to would is not a good idea. This is not to say that they cannot hold whatever opinions they desire or voice their opinions publicly, but they also are not free of consequences for whatever those public opinions are.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
I'm sorry, I just can't relate.

Again, I'm not going to miss out on a genuinely good show or movie - especially a blockbuster - because I don't like one of the cast members in real life. That just seems petty and self sabotaging to me, given how many hundreds of other people are involved in those shows/movies.

The closest thing I can think of is finding it hard to listen to Michael Jackson's music after having seen Leaving Neverland, but even then it's not like I've completely cut his music out of my life or I run out of a store that happens to be playing his music.

And that's a pedophile we're talking about, which is night and day compared to someone like McConaughey, who, at worst, is a Longhorn, and I guess could be perceived as maybe somewhat annoying in certain regards? Otherwise, he's a great actor who seems like a genuinely good person, great husband, caring father, etc.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I've never held his Longhorn fandom against him. In fact, if you watch U-571, when he first appears on screen, he looks like he just stepped off the Quad. Always thought that was funny.
#FJB
SJEAg
AG
Never seen this for some reason, may make it a point to see it in IMAX.

Is it confusing or still enjoyable if one doesn't understand wth is happening? Nolan films can sometimes be a bit much for my wife in particular (who is very smart but is what I like to call movie-dumb). We liked Inception and Oppenheimer although think she had a rough time on the former in particular. I avoided Tenet after reading how dense it was.
FancyKetchup14
AG
It's fairly straightforward for most of the movie. There is one *hits blunt* moment, but if I can figure it out anyone else can. And I'm about as smooth brained as it gets.
Carlo4
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm with you on the latter as I like being entertained, regardless of the people on film. Good is good. Who cares who it is!

However, I did have favorites. As a teenager in the late 80s and 90s, it was Tom Hanks and Bill Paxton. Those two did no wrong IMO.

As an adult, that changed to Tom Cruise and Denzel Washington. I'll give it a shot if either are in it.
Rex Racer
AG
AgTrip said:

TCTTS said:

Do you listen to music from artists you don't like? I don't, no matter how good some of the band members are. What else can I say, I don't like the actor so why would I watch movies he's in? Simple as that. I'm sure there are movies I like or others like that you have no desire to see no matter how good we think they are. That's the great thing about art. It's subjective.
I absolutely will listen to a great song, even if it's from an artist that I otherwise don't like. Why would I not?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.