'Game of Thrones: 'Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight' leads cast

2,281 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bluefire579
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-hedge-knight-knight-of-the-seven-kingdoms-cast-peter-claffey-dexter-sol-ansell-1235961895/

The "Game of Thrones" prequel series "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight" has found its leads.

The HBO series is based around the characters Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire, Egg, featured in the "Tales of Dunk and Egg" books written by George R.R. Martin. Peter Claffey has been cast as Dunk, while Dexter Sol Ansell has been cast as Egg.

Variety exclusively reported the show was in development in 2021, with HBO ordering it to series in 2023. The official logline states, "A century before the events of 'Game of Thrones,' two unlikely heroes wandered Westeros… a young, nave but courageous knight, Ser Duncan the Tall (Claffey), and his diminutive squire, Egg (Ansell). Set in an age when the Targaryen line still holds the Iron Throne, and the memory of the last dragon has not yet passed from living memory, great destinies, powerful foes, and dangerous exploits all await these improbable and incomparable friends."

Martin and Ira Parker are writers and executive producers on the show. Ryan Condal, Vince Gerardis, Owen Harris, and Sarah Bradshaw also executive produce.

C@LAg
Martin and Ira Parker are writers and executive producers on the show.

Winds of Winter never coming out confirmed.

again.
i is smart
AG
C@LAg said:

again.

We'll get a book about Strong Belwas before we get Winds of Winter.
C@LAg
i is smart said:

C@LAg said:

again.

We'll get a book about Strong Belwas before we get Winds of Winter.
We will get old nan's Westeros cookbook before Winds of Winter.
The Porkchop Express

The guy on the right has to be AI, right?

bluefire579
AG
They know he hasn't finished writing this series yet either, right?
bluefire579
AG
Looks wise, both seem fine. Do we know the Duncan actor's height? Cause in the books, he's like 7 feet tall
An L of an Ag
AG
Hedge threads.
ChipFTAC01
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Hedge threads.
The Porkchop Express
bluefire579 said:

Looks wise, both seem fine. Do we know the Duncan actor's height? Cause in the books, he's like 7 feet tall
6'4 former rugby player says Google
MaroonStain
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Hedge threads.

If only azulAg and their 14 socks could post with OP's ability...

Collectively, OP and azulAg probably have eleventy-billion posts on TA but at least OP posts worthy info at times.
The Marksman
AG
George loves to screw his fans
The Porkchop Express
I went to see GGRM speak at Rudder once. We got to watch Season 3's premiere 9 days early which was a blast. During the Q&A, someone yelled "FINSH BOOK 6!" loudly and we all laughed. That was 11 years ago.
Tailgate88
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I went to see GGRM speak at Rudder once. We got to watch Season 3's premiere 9 days early which was a blast. During the Q&A, someone yelled "FINSH BOOK 6!" loudly and we all laughed. That was 11 years ago.

At this point I am going to have to do a re-read of the first five because I know I have forgotten a bunch of the subplots.
redline248
AG
Tailgate88 said:

At this point I am going to have to do a re-read of the first five because I know I have forgotten a bunch of the subplots.
Lady Stoneheart and Nymeria's wolfpack terrorizing the Riverlands

i is smart
AG
The little kid appears more menacing than any of the male leads in House of the Dragon.
DTP02
AG
Thread title needs a colonoscopy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

You a townie? Weird that we were in CS at the same time.

Edit: I suck at math. I was already gone.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You a townie? Weird that we were in CS at the same time.

Edit: I suck at math. I was already gone.
I had a friend working at the Eagle then and he got me and a work buddy tickets to it.
I think I've told the story, but sitting in front of us was your typical geeky college guy and a likewise geeky college girl. Then this knockout blonde comes and sits next to the guy, totally by herself - she might have been the young version of the girl TC didn't have the balls to approach at the Dune IMAX.

Anyway, geeky girl went to the bathroom and hot blonde starts small talking geeky guy. It was almost more fascinating than the lecture to watch him try to negotiate these insanely foreign waters, especially when geeky girl returned.
C@LAg
Jon Snow show is dead

Good. Not needed.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/jon-snow-game-of-thrones-spinoff-scrapped-hbo-1235965517/

Kit Harington announced in a new interview with ScreenRant while promoting his movie "Blood for Dust" that his "Game of Thrones" spinoff centered around Jon Show is "off the table" and no longer in development at HBO. The network declined to comment.

"It was Kit Harrington who brought the idea to us," author George R.R. Martin later confirmed in a blog post. "I cannot tell you the names of the writers/showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific."

Now talking to ScreenRant, Harington admitted the team "couldn't find the right story to tell" so the project is not in active development anymore.
Counterpoint
AG
C@LAg said:

Jon Snow show is dead

His watch has ended.
C@LAg
Counterpoint said:

His watch has ended.
honestly for the best.

1. we really do not need to know what happens to JS next. Pretty much all threads were more/less closed at the end, even with how badly they botched it.

2. HBO really needs to limit spinoffs. They are starting to get too close to Walking Dead territory where they can end up utterly diluting the franchise to death.

3. Martin has enough distractions as it is. Less unnecessary shows may free up time for him to continue writing.

Wes97
AG
C@LAg said:

Less unnecessary shows may free up time for him to continue writing.

LOL!!!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was admittedly looking forward to it, if only to fix the disaster of S8. Oh well.
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

Counterpoint said:

His watch has ended.
honestly for the best.

1. we really do not need to know what happens to JS next. Pretty much all threads were more/less closed at the end, even with how badly they botched it.

2. HBO really needs to limit spinoffs. They are starting to get too close to Walking Dead territory where they can end up utterly diluting the franchise to death.

3. Martin has enough distractions as it is. Less unnecessary shows may free up time for him to continue writing.

He'll just fill the time that would have been given to the show with new cons, Wild Card anthologies, and Jets/Giants games
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.