So is Bobbi Althoff really a Hollywood plant?

2,249 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sponge
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?

never had heard of her before last week but her interview podcasts are surprisingly funny.

especially with Rainn Wilson on his pig farm
AustinAg2K
I don't understand this theory or why people care. She does a podcast. What does it even mean to be a Hollywood plant in this context?
Quad Dog
AG
What even is OP's definition of a "Hollywood plant"
Claude!
Quad Dog said:

What even is OP's definition of a "Hollywood plant"
Groot.
AggieArchitect04
AG
My gf told me the rumor is the reason she's divorced or divorcing is because she had an interview in a bed with Drake.

Not sure if that's a euphemism or if this actually happened.
The Milkman
AG
I have no idea who that is or what a "hollywood plant" is. I'm not even that old. I'm just very confused.
oragator
This is the back story.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/a/alex-ocho/bobbi-althoff-denies-drake-feud-very-nice-person

Not that it really even matters how she came to be internet famous.
AustinAg2K
AggieArchitect04 said:

My gf told me the rumor is the reason she's divorced or divorcing is because she had an interview in a bed with Drake.

Not sure if that's a euphemism or if this actually happened.

She did have an interview with Drake in his bed. I doubt anything happened, though, because it's an episode of her podcast. I think most likely, she got a small bit of fame, and it changed their relationship.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I "get" why she's famous, I just find her extremely basic and boring -- as well as her "shtick" I guess.

I listened to her podcast with Bobby Lee and also her on Bad Friends with Andrew Santino/Bobby Lee.

Boring.
BadMoonRisin
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I don't understand this theory or why people care. She does a podcast. What does it even mean to be a Hollywood plant in this context?
She was a mom-fluencer on instagram, i guess (i dont have instagram so I dont know)before, I think and decided to make a podcast.

Early on she got several very high profile guests for basically being a nobody. I think that's what people mean by "Hollywood plant", but I might be wrong.
plowboy1065
S
For anyone wondering about Drake, just run out to Chappell Hill and ask him
YouBet
AG
LMCane
BadMoonRisin said:

AustinAg2K said:

She was a mom-fluencer on instagram, i guess (i dont have instagram so I dont know)before, I think and decided to make a podcast.

Early on she got several very high profile guests for basically being a nobody. I think that's what people mean by "Hollywood plant", but I might be wrong.
correct. this is the theory of the "plant"-

that someone who is just a 25 year old mother of two babies in southern california suddenly books podcasts with Drake, Mark Cuban, Rainn Wilson, Andrew Santino?!

how would that be possible?

the theory is that she pretends to just have created all of this by her hard work or whatever,

when in reality she was just hired by CAA or another Hollywood agency to be their front interviewer but pretend it's all "authentic"

obviously not the most important issue in the world.
torrid
AG
In the early days of social media, there were some female vlog posters whose content was just a little too slick. They were exposed as Astroturf operations with actresses represented by talent agencies. They were pretending to post grassroots content when in reality they were backed by studios. I would call that a "Hollywood plant".
AustinAg2K
LMCane said:

BadMoonRisin said:

AustinAg2K said:

correct. this is the theory of the "plant"-

that someone who is just a 25 year old mother of two babies in southern california suddenly books podcasts with Drake, Mark Cuban, Rainn Wilson, Andrew Santino?!

how would that be possible?

the theory is that she pretends to just have created all of this by her hard work or whatever,

when in reality she was just hired by CAA or another Hollywood agency to be their front interviewer but pretend it's all "authentic"

obviously not the most important issue in the world.
I guess I don't understand why it would matter if she is backed by Hollywood. To me, podcasts are just another form of entertainment. Plenty of them are big budget things. If she's getting the money to produce it all from some Hollywood studio, who cares? It's not like she's doing some sort of in-depth news report where there could be a conflict of interest.
GoAgs92
AG
probably related to someone or knows someone with clout.

Andrew Santino is not what anyone would call a big star however, decent comedian, good on Dave...but C lister at best.

Sponge
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.