*** Manhunt *** on AppleTV

2,692 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://tv.apple.com/us/show/manhunt/umc.cmc.3uqhvdplroersd5p2l72udkal

Great first episode.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saw the promo for that after finishing Masters of the Air. I thought it looked like a good one, so thanks for this brief report.
#FJB
EclipseAg
AG
I was really looking forward to this but the first episode just didn't capture my attention.

Not sure why. I definitely don't like the timeline jumping that so many directors use today. But maybe it needed a little more background into motivation??? Or maybe I just missed that.

I might give it another try and see what happens.
lunchbox
Enjoyed the book several year ago. Was a bit underwhelmed by the first episode...but my daughter and I just got back from a history tour of DC and she's into it. So, we'll keep watching!
Scotty Flamingo
Thought the 2nd episode was much better.
lunchbox
Scotty Flamingo said:

Same - Patton Oswalt is a little distracting, though.
Joan Wilder
AG
I'm enjoying it so far. Matt Walsh is going a great job as Dr Mudd. The book made a pretty strong case about his complicity, and how he misled the searchers for Booth when they came to his door, even pointing them in the wrong direction.

I found the scenes with the mourners in the bedroom and the train leaving very affecting and sad.
LMCane
Great book!

this was supposed to be a movie with Harrison Ford but it collapsed several years ago.

too bad.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
It is a little hard going straight from Masters of the Air into this with Crosby playing JWB
Ag Since 83
AG
It is pretty jarring seeing Boyle acting like a sinister racist right after MotA. Especially since he's doing the same accent.

After two episodes I'm on the fence about the show. The pacing seems slow, not sure about the constant time jumps, the whole production looks like a scaled down version of Spielberg's Lincoln, and Patton Oswalt seems really out of place.
InternetFan02
AG
Good show but Matt Walsh as the doctor is miscast - it's like a veep episode with Mike Mclintock doing community theater. Then Patton Oswald is thrown in and it's even more Veep satire.
AggieArchitect04
AG
This is my favorite show right now.

The Lincoln assassination plot is fascinating to me.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Is the book people are mentioning the same title as the show? Looking to read.
aTmAg
AG
Is the book a fictionalized version of true events? Or is it trying to be as accurate as possible?

I think it would have been (or will be) cool if they show Teddy Roosevelt watching the Lincoln procession go by.

lunchbox
AggieArchitect04 said:

Is the book people are mentioning the same title as the show? Looking to read.
Yes - I read it years ago and thought it was a good read. It was pretty well sourced (including Booth's diary) and researched.
Reality Check
aTmAg said:

Is the book a fictionalized version of true events? Or is it trying to be as accurate as possible?

I think it would have been (or will be) cool if they show Teddy Roosevelt watching the Lincoln procession go by.

Historical fiction.

Too bad they couldn't pony up for Daniel Day-Lewis to play Lincoln, huh?
How do I get a Longhorn tag?
PatAg
AG
Show has been pretty great. I like Patton as a standup but casting him was a huge mistake
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Just started this yesterday. I enjoyed the first episode, but got interrupted during the second so will have to go back to restart that episode.

This can't be too many episodes, I would guess. Maybe 6?
#FJB
LMCane
for those interested, you can still walk right into the bedroom across the street where they took Lincoln's body after he was shot at Ford's Theater.
GreasenUSA
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

This can't be too many episodes, I would guess. Maybe 6?
Looks like there will be 7, with the finale airing on 4/19.

I'm really enjoying it.
aTmAg
AG
Reality Check said:

aTmAg said:

Historical fiction.

Too bad they couldn't pony up for Daniel Day-Lewis to play Lincoln, huh?
I'm not a big fan of this Lincoln. He doesn't seem skinny enough. Nit picky, I know.

TexAgBolter
AG
Just realized booth is bing Crosby from masters of the air.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Lot of recognizable actors in this.

Obviously Stanton is Tobias Menzies aka Edmure Tully and Prince Phillip from the middle seasons of The Crown

Abe Lincoln is Hamish Link later aka Christine's Brother on New adventures of old Christine (and a bunch of other stuff)

Matt Walsh & Patton Oswalt as discussed

I swear I recognize the actor playing George Sanders but can't place him.
Sazerac
AG
It's a bit slow but pretty dang good.
I hadn't heard much of the surroundings or possible conspiracy.
LMCane
lunchbox said:

Scotty Flamingo said:

Same - Patton Oswalt is a little distracting, though.
Oswalt didn't bother me that much at all

what DID bother the @#$# out of me was the actor playing Lincoln who sucked.

and in several of the scenes Lincoln is SHORTER than several men around him.

in a scene with DESKS blocking the legs, so they literally could have had the actor standing on a box.

does it seem like Lincoln had many men in the telegram office several inches TALLER than him?!?!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.