The Gentleman.

3,235 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AustinAg2K
CCred92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Netflix show released today is pretty good so far.
Unemployed
AG
Watched the first episode and enjoyed it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Agreed. He's a much better brother than I am.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guy Ritchie is one guy who I just never "got". Could never stand his brand of movies. Can't even make it through Snatch.
DallasTeleAg
Had to.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Guy Ritchie is one guy who I just never "got". Could never stand his brand of movies. Can't even make it through Snatch.

Seriously though, I kind of get what you are saying, but The Gentleman is just a fun movie. His last few movies have all been solid.
Nagler
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wow. Snatch is fan ****ong tastier.
Sponge
AG
Independence H-D
Turned this on last night while waiting for people to arrive at an Airbnb. Watched 3 EPS and enjoyed.
Max Power
AG
Really enjoyed that first episode, had a Guy Ritchie feel right from the jump. Ever since Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels I've been a Guy Ritchie fan. Also loving the cast so far, didn't realize that Giancarlo Esposito was a perfect fit for what Guy Ritchie does. Not to mention we're getting Ray Winstone as well at some point. They did telegraph the ending of that first episode though if there's a guy locked in the bathroom putting enough coke up his nose to kill a rhino, while also wearing a chicken suit against his will, someone is getting blasted by a shotgun.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Guy Ritchie BBQ sighting.

https://ccwildkitchens.com/our-story/
Four Seasons Landscaping
Wish I could have been in the room when his agent told Giancarlo Esposito that they wanted him to play a subdued, rich, meth dealer, businessman.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Finally something good drops, been a long long timw
fig96
AG
Really enjoyed ep 1 and Giancarlo Esposito is the perfect Guy Ritchie character. And good lord that brother.

I was curious how it would connect to the film but the base concept is there, looks like it's gonna be a fun watch.
jackie childs
Three episodes in and I'm really enjoying this one. I much prefer this Guy Ritchie style to whatever Wrath of Man was
Max Power
AG
I'm through 4 episodes now and this show is a lot of fun, it's more fun than the movie IMO. The more I watch of this the more it feels like Matthew McConaughey wasn't the right fit for the movie, at least not for that role. Theo James fits just right for the protagonist of this show. Guy Ritchie is the best at the interplay of aristocratic and dirtbag society, and you need actors who can play roles in a very specific way to make to make it work. And it doesn't have to be just British actors either, he's been able to show that too. Part of me has wondered if this show came to fruition because the movie didn't turn out exactly like he wanted. This show feels more like Guy Ritchie than the movie does.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I agree. I like Theo a lot more. I haven't liked any of the gangsters more than Colin Farrel and his cronies though. And Hugh Grant was hilarious in the movie as well.
Max Power
AG
Totally, and Jeremy Strong was really fun too.
LMCane
CCred92 said:

the main actor was in second season of White Lotus playing a douchy American

he is pretty good with accents! amazing how good the British are at playing the roles of Americans but it is never vice versa...

half of the Band of Brothers cast are now famous English movie stars.

wonder why that is.
El Gallo Blanco
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have you watched "The Covenant"? I thought it was great...and I share your sentiment re" "Snatch" and those movies. Never was a fan. Maybe I was to young to "get" the fuss...but don't reallycare to revisit to find out.
TX04Aggie
AG
Enjoying this one as well.
Claude!
LMCane said:

CCred92 said:

the main actor was in second season of White Lotus playing a douchy American

he is pretty good with accents! amazing how good the British are at playing the roles of Americans but it is never vice versa...

half of the Band of Brothers cast are now famous English movie stars.

wonder why that is.
One theory is the relative ubiquity of American cultural exports. Though there's a lot more British content coming to the States these days (especially in terms of television), I think they've still got quite a trade deficit, so to speak.
fig96
AG
When I found out Andrew Lincoln was British...
jackie childs
Once I started watching, I couldn't stop and wound up watching all 8 episodes in just 3 days. That hasn't happened for me in a while.

Really enjoyed it and hope they continue with it
TexAg1822
AG
I watched the first three episodes last night, really enjoying it so far. Really enjoy the characters of James, Esposito, and Kaya Scodelario.
EllisCoAg
AG
Finished this morning, pretty good ride!!
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Danny Vermin
Just finished all eight. I hope there is another season and the gypsies are an even bigger player as they cracked me up.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Good enough for me to binge. To be fair I love Guy Ritchie's london gangster movies.

The show is not quite on the level of those movies...just not enough odd characters or crazy coincidental happenings to be top shelf Guy Ritchie, but still enjoyable.

Definitely would like to see more of the gypsies.
AustinAg2K
LMCane said:

amazing how good the British are at playing the roles of Americans but it is never vice versa...

Cultural appropriation!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.