***** BITCONNED - Netflix *****

1,594 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by IowaAg07
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A client told me about this doc on Netflix about the guys who created the 100% fake ICO / crypto company Centra back in 2017, accidentally stumbling into tens of millions of dollars and then getting exposed in an ever-increasing series of ****-ups. I watched the first 30 minutes alone, then my wife got into it, and we watched the whole thing together. The unintentional humor by the main guys, especially Ray, is off the charts. Highly recommend.

BadMoonRisin
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I watched the first 30 minutes alone, then my wife got into it, and [then you restarted it and] we watched the whole thing together.
story of my f'kin life.
amg405
AG
I enjoyed it. Not shockingly, there are some seriously sleazy folks involved. I still can't believe people threw real money at those offerings.
The Porkchop Express
amg405 said:

I enjoyed it. Not shockingly, there are some seriously sleazy folks involved. I still can't believe people threw real money at those offerings.
THe fake lawyer was the chef's kiss.
Coppell97
AG
This was really good.
Muy
AG
Great documentary and story
rynning
AG
What Ray says is delivered so effortlessly and sounds normal but in reality is borderline psychotic hidden behind the friendliest of smiles. Capping it at the end with, "My entrepreneurial spirit won't be dimmed down by my 12 felonies."
LMCane
this was very well done

can't believe he got off from any serious jail time

con men always do pretty well in life, because there are always so many people to con.
The Porkchop Express
Yeah it left a sour taste in our mouths to hear he got off scot-free, and then strolled over to the hospital to meet his new son like no big deal.

There was a moment there where he had said something smarmy in the suit-fitting scenes and they left the camera on him and you saw his "mask" fade a little and whatever truth lies beneath kind of come out, and man did he look sad. Was a real nice job by the camera guy and editor, but otherwise the guy seems to truly believe he's not doing anything wrong.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
IowaAg07
AG
Just watched this and I agree with the reviews on here. Truly insane and the documentary does a good job of explaining things as they are happening.

I'm still laughing at the interview that starts "We are 100%, totally not a scam."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.