Christmas movies....whatcha got?

8,482 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Zombie Jon Snow
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I stumbled onto this on Netflix and was so pleasantly surprised. Italians do a feast of seven fishes on Christmas eve and this movie was about one Italian family. I loved the scenes of the big family interacting, it reminded me of mine at times. Great show!

What other Christmas movies have you discovered this season that you haven't seen before?

vmiaptetr
AG
We watched 8-Bit Christmas on Max last year, and it was hilarious. Very relatable if you grew up in the 80's and 90's.

Philo B 93
The Ice Harvest. Not a feel good, family movie, but a relaxing, semi violent, crime caper with fun actors and a satisfying ending. Takes place in a miserable looking, snowy part of the Midwest over Christmas Eve. Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusack.
fig96
AG
Violent Night is a fun watch...not for the kiddos

Froppe
AG
Bad Santa
A Madea Christmas
jokershady
AG
A family favorite (and one of my all time favorites) that most people haven't ever seen…

RC_57
AG
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

We watched 8-Bit Christmas on Max last year, and it was hilarious. Very relatable if you grew up in the 80's and 90's.

That looks almost worth it to subscribe to Max for a month the so I could watch it.
fig96
AG
I almost mentioned Arthur Christmas as well, really fun story and great animation and visuals.
The Porkchop Express
vmiaptetr
AG
You can rent it on iTunes for $4. I'm sure the same goes for other online rental platforms.
An L of an Ag
AG
These are in our yearly rotation, and by that I mean we watch them on Christmas Day after presents when the house empties out:

Die Hard
The Holiday
Trading Places

This year, we've decided to lean into the holiday season and watch some other movies. Some are cheesier than others, but we've enjoyed them:

Holidate - hilarious! It's being promoted to annual must-watch.
Love Hard
The Noel Diary

These for sure fit the definition of chick flick, but what the hell.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Only two I feel obligated to watch every Christmas season are Christmas Vacation and Bad Santa.
G.I.Bro
I still need to watch Merry Little Batman, probably will sometime this week
RC_57
AG
Thanks More
MSFC Aggie
AG
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

Thanks for this. Very relatable to me.
Texaggie7nine
Ervin Burrell said:

Only two I feel obligated to watch every Christmas season are Christmas Vacation and Bad Santa.
Ours are Christmas Vaca and The Ref
7nine
AustinAg2K
My wife discovers way too many Christmas movies every year. She always binge watches Hallmark type Christmas movies. The weird thing I've learned is that there are sub genres even within the Hallmark Christmas movie genre. Like there are dozens of Christmas Prince movies, or Christmas farm movies. This year my wife has been into Christmas movies that all seem to revolve around wineries.

In case you are wondering, every one of these subgenres is terrible.
AgTrip
I've seen a lot that have been posted and all are great. I watched this one, was one I never have seen about an Indian man engaged to a Norwegian woman and she brings him home. Was funny and awkward, like Meet the Parents awkward. I thought it was pretty good!

JayHowdy!
Love Actually
Christmas Vacation
Elf
4 Christmases
A Christmas Story - on Christmas Day.
TXAG 05
AG
Philo B 93 said:

The Ice Harvest. Not a feel good, family movie, but a relaxing, semi violent, crime caper with fun actors and a satisfying ending. Takes place in a miserable looking, snowy part of the Midwest over Christmas Eve. Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusack.

I was thinking about that movie the other day but couldn't remember what it was called. Very good movie.
AgRyan04
I've seen it dozens of times but this is still the best

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DallasTeleAg
Is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a Christmas movie? I would like to call it one so I can watch it every December!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story are the only two Christmas movies I make sure and watch every year.
Texaggie7nine
DallasTeleAg said:

Is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a Christmas movie? I would like to call it one so I can watch it every December!
The Long Kiss Goodnight certainly is, and is a banger.
7nine
aggieloko
AG
bigjag19
AG
Uncle Nick
NoahAg
Saw a pretty good one about a bratty kid who got left home, alone during Christmas. And he had to protect his home, alone, from would-be burglars. I think it was called "The Kid Who Got Left at His House By Himself."
fig96
AG
AustinAg2K said:

My wife discovers way too many Christmas movies every year. She always binge watches Hallmark type Christmas movies. The weird thing I've learned is that there are sub genres even within the Hallmark Christmas movie genre. Like there are dozens of Christmas Prince movies, or Christmas farm movies. This year my wife has been into Christmas movies that all seem to revolve around wineries.

In case you are wondering, every one of these subgenres is terrible.
fig96
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I vote yes, along with pretty much any other Shane Black movie (which also includes The Long Kiss Goodnight as mentioned).
TCTTS
AG
A bit abstract, but for me these are my favorite movies that either take place around Christmas, "feel" like Christmas, or remind me of Christmas time…

maverick2076
The Hogfather
Blackstreet
AG
Eight Crazy Nights. Yes, I consider it a Christmas movie.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ones I feel like watching every year:
Elf
Christmas Vacation
The Night Before (seriously underrated)
Four Christmases (terrible I know, but it kills me)

Office Christmas Party is another recent one that's pretty good.
Carlo4
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Ones I feel like watching every year:
Elf
Christmas Vacation
The Night Before (seriously underrated)
Four Christmases (terrible I know, but it kills me)

Office Christmas Party is another recent one that's pretty good.
If you weren't a cop, we could have been friends.
agmag90
Klaus is very good, family friendly, and has made it into our annual rotation
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.