The Bear - Season 3

4,019 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Nav
AG
Awesome !
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
StinkyPinky
AG
Solid news
Big Al 1992
AG
Yes chef!
cajunaggie08
AG
I was thinking this was a teaser for a new season. Apparently they just renewed the show for season 3 so we're still many months away which is a bummer.
TCTTS
AG
They've hopefully been writing for a month or so. Now they have to wait for the other/actors' strike to end. I'm guessing it gets pushed from its usual June slot to fall-ish?
Quinn
AG
Any chance they would shift to a weekly release schedule? I would love to see that to have the drama and discussions around the show building each week. That would be really beneficial for The Bear IMO.
fig96
AG
I didn't find this show (or at least pay attention to all the recs) till about a month ago, binged it in 10 days or so and holy crap it's probably my favorite thing of the past two years. Pumped for s3.
OCEN99
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

I was thinking this was a teaser for a new season. Apparently they just renewed the show for season 3 so we're still many months away which is a bummer.
At least we still have Matty Matheson's Youtube cooking show to tide us over. Home of the best bleep button man in the business!
Garrelli 5000
AG
Just thought of the thanksgiving episode and now I'm going to down some scotch, a few blood pressure pills, and sit in a dark room with classical music playing.
Take the trash out staff.
Troy91
AG
Feel like we need to make watching that episode a new family Thanksgiving tradition.

"At least we aren't that bad."

Will really bring the family together.
InternetFan02
AG
Finished the binge just in time for Thanksgiving. I heard the recs and had it on my watchlist and escalated after seeing the Bear is in the Von Erich movie. Holy **** this is hitting me like nothing since Mad Men. What an amazing and fulfilling experience. Got to introduce my teenage sons to REM as they love 80s-90s rock but haven't discovered them yet as they are pretty far off the cultural footprint - not anymore. I enjoy the concept of the tortured genius who is the best in the world at his job but can't accept love (hello Don Draper). The love story here leading up to the inevitable tragic breakup is an all timer.

EclipseAg
AG
InternetFan02 said:

I enjoy the concept of the tortured genius who is the best in the world at his job but can't accept love (hello Don Draper).
Interesting comparison ... I love both "Mad Men" and "The Bear" and one reason is the deep dive into their professions, really showing how the work is done, the type of people who do it and the pitfalls and obstacles to being the best.

Most shows with a work setting just use it as a placeholder for where people interact, without much detail about the work itself.
TCTTS
AG
A February/March start would put production of season three right in line with the production starts of first two seasons - maybe a couple weeks behind - so perhaps another June release is possible after all…

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
So that means air in '25?
TCTTS
AG
02/14/2022 = Season 1 Start of Filming
06/23/2022 = Season 1 Premiere

02/21/2023 = Season 2 Start of Filming
06/22/2023 = Season 2 Premiere

02/26/2024 = Season 3 Start of Filming

In other words, season three is right on schedule for a late June 2024 premiere.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Wow I didn't know the turnaround was that fast. Thanks!
StinkyPinky
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Wow I didn't know the turnaround was that fast. Thanks!

I know, felt much longer. I like this pace.
InternetFan02
AG
Ayo was great on SNL last night. Feels like momentum is really building now everywhere during awards season so season 3 could be a big release.
BadMoonRisin
AG
She's very good. I will be very excited to watch her career trajectory. She is a star.

I even loved her in a sketch from i think you should leave, that was about absolutely nothing.

TCTTS
AG
June premiere confirmed, and as with the last two seasons all episodes will drop at once…

TCTTS
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
So excited this isn't another year or two away!

Also, we need a Bear and Dave crossover episode where Carmy and Dave meet and compare notes.
Quinn
AG

Really disappointed that they are dropping all the episodes at once. I'm surprised they don't want to be part of the weekly conversation that would build up around being the #1 show.
TCTTS
AG
aggierogue
AG
Quinn said:

Really disappointed that they are dropping all the episodes at once. I'm surprised they don't want to be part of the weekly conversation that would build up around being the #1 show.
I like to be able to stream all at once.
Quinn
AG
Sounds like you will get your wish. I miss all the episode by episode commentary (articles and podcast) that you get with a weekly release, but we won't get with an episode dump.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Oh heck yeah!!!!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.