Is Chronic 2001 the greatest rap album of all time?

3,287 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by AustinAg2K
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2Pac - All Eyez on Me is in the conversation as well.
Mr. White
Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
rhutton125
AG
I wouldn't say greatest but if this were a "favorite" thread I'd be saying Word of Mouf.
Petrino1
JD Shellnut said:

My personal favorites are:

Gets Boys - Till Death Do Us Part

Color Changin Click - Get Ya Mind Correct

Talmbout!
Petrino1
Andrew Dufresne said:

I've been jamming it a bit today for the first time in a LONG time and Holy **** this thing holds up so well. Banger after Banger. Still Dre is probably my favorite song on the album, but it's hard to pick honestly.

IMO it is not only the best rap album of all time, but there isn't even a close second.

I dont know if I can consider a rap album one of the best, when the rapper doesnt even write his own rhymes! All of his lyrics were written by someone else. Jay-z famously wrote Still Dre and Eminem wrote Forgot About Dre. Its a very solid album but not sure its better than his original the Chronic. Dr Dre is a great producer, and a below average rapper.

Reasonable Doubt, Ready to Die, and Illmatic are generally regarded as the three best rap albums of all time, but they arent my personal favorites. My favorite albums are the ones where I can play front to back without skipping a song. The Black Album and The College Dropout are two that come to mind where I can just play the entire thing and every song is a banger.
AustinAg2K
No love?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.