the Office Reboot

12,552 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by 20ag07
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seeing this pop up all over X.

Farmer1906
AG
The office is my favorite show all time. I've seen it dozens of times. I can probably recite some episodes from memory.

Here is my initial reaction:

The world has changed a lot of the last 15 years. I don't think a major network will bring that kind of comedy to the air again. Plus, what else needs to be done? Everyone's story was wrapped up. Most feel like it drug on too much ready.
The Porkchop Express
MIchael Scott will be a transgender black queer woman in a wheelchair.
YouBet
AG
Is the first time a show has been redone a third time? I'm guessing not but maybe so?

Color me skeptical it can address even half the situations that historically happen in offices. They will rule out most content from the get-go.
MGS
The Porkchop Express said:

MIchael Scott will be a transgender black queer woman in a wheelchair.
I'm on board with Randall Park playing Jim
Sea Speed
AG
This show will be more neutered than Michael Scott.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Here's how to successfully reboot The Office:

Grab season 1 and put it in the DVD player.
YouBet
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Pro tip: Grab season 1 of the original The Office which many on here may not even know exists and watch that as your reboot.
bluefire579
AG
YouBet said:

Is the first time a show has been redone a third time? I'm guessing not but maybe so?

Color me skeptical it can address even half the situations that historically happen in offices. They will rule out most content from the get-go.
Twilight Zone has had 3 separate runs.
C@LAg
the show features everyone working from home.
is boring, lasts 2 episodes and is cancelled.
The Porkchop Express
YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

Pro tip: Grab season 1 of the original The Office which many on here may not even know exists and watch that as your reboot.
Do you really think people don't know about the original series?

Unemployed
AG

YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

He probably listened to Nickelback before they got popular.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
RealTalk said:

YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

He probably listened to Nickelback before they got popular.

Speaking of, where the hell has Redstone been?
Double Talkin' Jive...
YouBet
AG

YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

Yes.
Raiderjay
DallasTeleAg
Lol... this actually makes me happy. We know it will be woke as hell, and will therefore completely fail. Woke is not funny.

Seeing woke trash fail entertains me to no end.
Gigem314
AG
superunknown
AG
The thing I saw was that the actors who played Pam, Stanley, that little blonde accountant weirdo and Creed were all about doing it. I could see it being a weird "ok boomer" style show where the 4 old crew is generational battling the new office workers. Maybe the 2 factions exchange members back on forth based on stupid stuff like is Hilary Swank hot? But...you could update it to someone current. Standard sitcom setups where older gen vs new gen.

Think the writing has to be superb, and you also need to keep up the old personalities of the older characters. They're weird enough as it is without relying on the standard sitcom tropes. Why did Stanley leave Florida and unretire? (He was bored and was offered the manager job in Scranton)
I'd like to find out stuff like...where was Creed on January 6th? Deucing on a senator's desk? Selling dirt weed to antifa?

There's some stories in there, maybe. Hijinks ensue?
Farmer1906
AG
We kinda already got that with theme when Ryan took over. Made everyone use blackberrys. Made Michael learn power point. Update the website. Michael want to win everyone back with gift baskets.

There was a lot of great things about the office but what really made it go was Michael's shenanigans, Jim-Pam relationship, & Jim-Dwight relationship. Without that, it'll never be anywhere close.
Sea Speed
AG
superunknown said:

The thing I saw was that the actors who played Pam, Stanley, that little blonde accountant weirdo and Creed were all about doing it. I could see it being a weird "ok boomer" style show where the 4 old crew is generational battling the new office workers. Maybe the 2 factions exchange members back on forth based on stupid stuff like is Hilary Swank hot? But...you could update it to someone current. Standard sitcom setups where older gen vs new gen.

Think the writing has to be superb, and you also need to keep up the old personalities of the older characters. They're weird enough as it is without relying on the standard sitcom tropes. Why did Stanley leave Florida and unretire? (He was bored and was offered the manager job in Scranton)
I'd like to find out stuff like...where was Creed on January 6th? Deucing on a senator's desk? Selling dirt weed to antifa?

Would a reboot even have any of the original characters?
The Porkchop Express
Sea Speed said:

superunknown said:

As a general policy, I try to never agree with Sea Speed, but hes right. Reboot means a new cast, like The Wonder Years, or any of the 50 Star Treks.
TXAG 05
AG
YouBet said:

A lot of countries have made their own version of the Office.

BenTheGoodAg
AG
Sea Speed is good people.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Only shot a reboot can work is a totally different cast. Maybe even a different industry/office setting.

The moment you try to bring 3-4 characters back only you're setting up for failure especially if it's someone like Pam saying things like "with Jim working out of town so much "(because Krazinksi isn't on the show).
wangus12
AG
This seems destined to fail
The Porkchop Express
Should bring back halpert and have the entire plot be why he is suddenly so ripped.
WoMD

Sea Speed said:

superunknown said:

As a general policy, I try to never agree with Sea Speed, but hes right. Reboot means a new cast, like The Wonder Years, or any of the 50 Star Treks.

Even the star treks don't apply there. New series within the same universe +/- overlap with characters in one of the other series isn't a reboot. And sometimes different points on the same timeline. It would be like following another branch outside of Scranton, or the next generation of employees (which still isn't a reboot). Or Frazier vs Cheers.

The JJ movies can be argued, so if that's what you were referring to, then I concede.
WoMD
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Only shot a reboot can work is a totally different cast. Maybe even a different industry/office setting.

The moment you try to bring 3-4 characters back only you're setting up for failure especially if it's someone like Pam saying things like "with Jim working out of town so much "(because Krazinksi isn't on the show).

See last season of scrubs. I like to think it was never made, which would probably be how this would play out if it's as you describe.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

But how many have actually watched it though? It's fantastic and far better than the US.
boy09
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Lol... this actually makes me happy. We know it will be woke as hell, and will therefore completely fail. Woke is not funny.

Seeing woke trash fail entertains me to no end.

Is this a Ron DeSantis burner account?
Counterpoint
AG
Sea Speed said:

This show will be more neutered than Michael Scott.

Snip snap snip snap snip snap!
CheeseSndwch
Sea Speed said:

superunknown said:

Hopefully it has that tight-ass blonde Christian chick from accounting.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

But how many have actually watched it though? It's fantastic and far better than the US.

No, it isn't. I don't know if there is anything more overrated than the UK Office.
The Porkchop Express
TXAG 05 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

YouBet said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

No, it isn't. I don't know if there is anything more overrated than the UK Office.

Aggie Football
DallasTeleAg
Aww... I'm sorry I triggered you. I'm sure this Office reboot will be very safe for people like you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.