Pat Sajak Retiring

3,042 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna88977

"It's been a wonderful ride, and I'll have more to say in the coming months," the veteran game show host tweeted.

Such a legend. It will definitely be different without him.

Is it a given already that his daughter is taking over for him? Because it seems like she has been doing more and more on the show recently.
GoAgs92
AG
Bring back Chuck Woolery
maroon barchetta
"We'll be back in two and two"
beanbean
Crazy, I remember when a teacher at my school went on Wheel of Fortune and we had an assembly in the gym to watch it. That was 1986.
tk for tu juan
In 1986 Vanna White was 29 years ago and just had 6 years left on the General Board value curve. Guess she beat the curve
oragator
Maggie graduated law from Princeton right?
Gotta think she has a higher calling, but who knows.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Based Sajak
The Milkman
AG
There's not many jobs she could ever do that would earn what she could earn as hosting wheel.
oragator
Her dad is worth like 80 million, money will never be an issue for the family. And there are already cries of nepotism she would have to deal with.
Maybe she does take it, who knows. Just see a lot of reasons why she doesn't need it.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I just want them to do the "People Who Annoy You" puzzle on his finale.
chris1515
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

I just want them to do the "People Who Annoy You" puzzle on his finale.

And right as they start the puzzle…oops…out of time…
Proposition Joe
Is there any way us Jeopardy fans could interest you in a Mayim Bialik?
safety guy
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Bring back Chuck Woolery
Or maybe Rolf Benirschke.
torrid
AG
tk for tu juan said:

In 1986 Vanna White was 29 years ago and just had 6 years left on the General Board value curve. Guess she beat the curve
Sixty six years old now.

62strat
AG
tk for tu juan said:

In 1986 Vanna White was 29 years ago
woah, 37 years ago, Vanna white was only 29 years ago? She's a time traveler!
aggiesherpa
AG
I remember hearing Dan Patrick (sports guy....not politician) talk about his interview process with the price is right. The thing that stuck out was that he was never told what the salary would be and not able to negotiate the salary. After Drew Carey was chosen, he found out what drew was making and Dan very much regretted not taking the job.

Hopefully my memory is right about that story
maroon barchetta
Make good money
Only work a couple days per week
Be surrounded by models
Make people deliriously happy by giving away prizes that you didn't have to pay for

It's the best job in the world.
double aught
AG
Pat retiring is not that surprising. He has become increasingly savage toward contestants for bonehead moves over the past couple years, as if he doesn't give an F. It's pretty great to watch.
chico
AG
I was in the audience when Bob Goen was hosting the daytime version, maybe this was 1989?? Audience was only half full and most of them appeared to be Asian tourists who left after the first episode was recorded. I stuck around for a couple other episodes filmed.
maroon barchetta
chico said:

I was in the audience when Bob Goen was hosting the daytime version, maybe this was 1989?? Audience was only half full and most of them appeared to be Asian tourists who left after the first episode was recorded. I stuck around for a couple other episodes filmed.

Who?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
chico said:

Wow. This is effing spellbinding!!
chico
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

chico said:

Wow. This is effing spellbinding!!
It was equally spellbinding being in that audience....
htxag09
AG
oragator said:

Her dad is worth like 80 million, money will never be an issue for the family. And there are already cries of nepotism she would have to deal with.
Maybe she does take it, who knows. Just see a lot of reasons why she doesn't need it.
I mean she's already doing promo work for them and appearing on some shows....
double aught
AG
More Maggie
Mr President Elect
AG
Vana has to have one of the most overpaying jobs ever, right? If they didn't do the little close-up at the end with Pat and Vana, it would be hard to notice she was missing if they replaced her with someone that looked vaguely like her.
C1NRB
AG
oragator said:

Maggie graduated law from Princeton right?
Gotta think she has a higher calling, but who knows.

One of the fable quotes when Ranking the Top Law School, "Princeton doesn't have a Law School. "
https://universityarchives.princeton.edu/2014/10/is-or-was-there-a-princeton-law-school-not-really/#:~:text=Seven%20law%20students%20graduated%20before,school%20officially%20closed%20in%201855.
safety guy
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Vana has to have one of the most overpaying jobs ever, right? If they didn't do the little close-up at the end with Pat and Vana, it would be hard to notice she was missing if they replaced her with someone that looked vaguely like her.

And she gets paid something like $15m a year for wheel of fortune slot machines. What a gig.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Mr President Elect said:

The show will definitely feel different when it's her time too imo. Her and Pat made the show.
Know Your Enemy
AG
double aught
AG
Maggie Sajak is spinning in her grave.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Not a fan
Carlo4
AG
Can't watch Jeopardy anymore and now will refuse to watch WOF.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm good with Ken Jennings but Mayim Bialik is unwatchable. I guess Seacrest needed to get away from Kelly Ripa.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.