Worst decision to leave in a theater.

4,235 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr Mojo Risin
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When End Game came out, I showed up opening weekend right as the movie started. I waited 5 minutes and then went outside to grab concessions after the lines had died down a little bit. I come back and my buddy whispers to me that Thanos had just been killed. I thought he was just messing with me for the next 30-45 minutes.

What is the worst timing you have had in a theater?
oragator
When I saw ESB I left when Darth Vader took off his mask.
dbryanc87
I was 10 when Titanic came out and saw it in theaters. No way I was going to leave until I saw some boobs, but I just happened to go to the restroom during the sex scene. I was very confused when people in school were talking about it haha.
Tobias Funke
AG
Geez, spoiler alert, man.
Mayor West
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Mayor West said:

Username checks out.
birdman
I didn't leave the theater but arrived five minutes late to Die Hard. I had no idea why Bruce Willis was barefoot for entire movie.
The Porkchop Express
AG
We missed the opening 5 minutes of Pulp Fiction when Travolta and SLJ are in the diner and Tim Roth and Crazy MCWeird Face decide to rob it. When we got back there, we had no idea what was going on.
Life is better with a beagle
Txmoe
AG
Oh man! I was in a private box at Ford's Theater watching Our American Cousin and badly needed to use the restroom. I couldn't wait any longer, so early in the 3rd act I stepped out. As I was leaving, I held the door for a young guy who was trying to gain access. He looked like an actor so I figured he was okay and let him in. Not sure why but I couldn't get back in the box after returning and then they stopped the performance.

It was a tragedy because I'll never know how the play ended.
Lathspell
AG
This thread gives me anxiety.

I can't imagine arriving late to any movie or using the restroom during a movie, let alone getting up during a movie for concessions (these are the people that are ruining the world). As I've gotten older, I've started no longer drinking anything within 4 hours of any movie I go to see in a theatre, and pee immediately before sitting down.

I also always expect to be seated before the trailers start. If someone is making me late for a movie, then I would just as soon skip the showing and go some other time. I am a hardass when it comes to being on time for movies.
rynning
AG
I had to go find "RunPee" that tells you when it's ok to leave the theater. Problem solved.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/runpee/id450326239
BenTheGoodAg
AG
rynning said:

I had to go find "RunPee" that tells you when it's ok to leave the theater. Problem solved.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/runpee/id450326239

If I have gotten to the point that it's time to leave a movie I'm watching to pee, it's too late to select my scene, let alone download an app.
Paladin05
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

We missed the opening 5 minutes of Pulp Fiction when Travolta and SLJ are in the diner and Tim Roth and Crazy MCWeird Face decide to rob it. When we got back there, we had no idea what was going on.

HER NAME IS YOLANDA AND SHE IS COOL
double aught
AG
Mayor West said:

Don't worry about it. It's in like five other movies.
C1NRB
AG
Umm, yeah.
I saw Cats (don't judge me) and I took a popcorn break when "Memories" was played.
"This is terrible. What'd I miss?"
The ONE SONG.
The Porkchop Express
AG
C1NRB said:

Umm, yeah.
I saw Cats (don't judge me) and I took a popcorn break when "Memories" was played.
"This is terrible. What'd I miss?"
The ONE SONG.

Nobody knows what the hell you are talking about.
Gomer95
AG
That is the BEST APP EVER.
Rudyjax
AG
dbryanc87 said:

I was 10 when Titanic came out and saw it in theaters. No way I was going to leave until I saw some boobs, but I just happened to go to the restroom during the sex scene. I was very confused when people in school were talking about it haha.
No boobs in the sex scene. Boobs in the drawing scene.
HTH.
wangus12
AG
My wife will literally ask me if its a good time to go to the bathroom in movies that we've never seen lol
Rudyjax
AG
Gomer95 said:

That is the BEST APP EVER.
Is it?

Gomer95
AG
Lol YES but only if you like movies haha.
dbryanc87
Chuck Cunningham said:

dbryanc87 said:

No boobs in the sex scene. Boobs in the drawing scene.
HTH.
Haha yes I'm aware. Going in I only knew there were boobs which I caught during the drawing scene. I didn't know anything about a sex scene. Finally had to go pee and wanted to go before the sinking started, and that happened to be right when they got busy in the car. That scene didn't have much, but I was 10 at the time so who knows.
maroon barchetta
When Dune came out in 1984, me and a buddy went to see it.

We were 10-15 minutes late but knew it was a long movie so no big deal.

We go to buy tickets and the guy at the booth says "it already started. You are too late"

We told him that's fine, we will go anyway.

He asks, "How much do you know about the movie?" I told him I had read a little about it in a magazine at the grocery store so I was all good.

He let us in for half price and said "you aren't going to have any idea what's going on"

He was right.
Rudyjax
AG
maroon barchetta said:

When Dune came out in 1984, me and a buddy went to see it.

We were 10-15 minutes late but knew it was a long movie so no big deal.

We go to buy tickets and the guy at the booth says "it already started. You are too late"

We told him that's fine, we will go anyway.

He asks, "How much do you know about the movie?" I told him I had read a little about it in a magazine at the grocery store so I was all good.

He let us in for half price and said "you aren't going to have any idea what's going on"

He was right.
HIndsights 20/20, but you should've played video games until the next showing in an hour.

maroon barchetta
Ok, Richie Rich
Rudyjax
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ok, Richie Rich
The best part of the movies in the 1980s was the video games.

The closest theatre to us was 30 minutes away. We'd call our ride collect and they'd decline the charges then pick us up. We had a free half-hour!

maroon barchetta
Did you live in Sweeny and go to Lake Jackson for movies?
dude95
AG
Was going to watch fight club at theater walking distance to me. Fell asleep late in the afternoon - woke up in a haze and it was dark so I knew I was missing it. Ran to the theater - bought ticket and went in. Couldn't get into story about blowing up building.

Yep - walked into wrong theater and saw last 15 minutes of the movie before figuring it out. Needless to say twist wasn't as shocking on that one.
Rudyjax
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Did you live in Sweeny and go to Lake Jackson for movies?
Nope. San Antonio. Northwest theatre and can't remember the other one. Edit: Galaxy.

When i was a sophomore in high school the Embassy opened up walking distance from the house.

We used to sneak out and go to the midnight shows.

Based Hiker
Was bored one day a long time ago. I went to the theater in Corpus to see a Denzel Washington movie called Fallen. Somehow, I walked in to the wrong screening about five minutes before the end of the movie. I just thought that I showed up late, and spoiled the ending before I ever saw the movie. Lesson learned, I double check showtimes and theater numbers before going in. If Maria Menunos isn't talking about something on the screen, I don't walk in.
maroon barchetta
She yells at me at the gas pumps.
malenurse
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

You should see her in Picard season 3.

uhhhgg!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Houston Lee
AG
I left to go pee right before this…

Based Hiker
End of thread?
The Porkchop Express
AG
CanyonLakeAgbu said:

End of thread?
Feel like "go pee" is a code for something else
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.