*** The Concert Thread ***

135,166 Views | 1792 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by johnnyblaze36
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
-A new thread to store concert talk from here to eternity instead of having year specific threads.

For my 2023 calendar the only tickets I have so far are:
- Taylor Swift @ NRG
- Dead & Company @ Wrigley.

I'd like to see Tyler Childers at 713 but every time I look at tickets I get angry and think "F him" because they are very overpriced for an artist at his level, IMHO.

Other things I'm looking at but haven't bought yet:
- Built To Spill @ White Oak 4/17
- The Backseat Lovers @ Bayou Place 5/19
maroon barchetta
Eric Johnson in Houston in February

Lyle Lovett and his acoustic band a few days later at Rudder

Considering Winery Dogs in March. See if I can talk my brother into going and maybe hit up the Cedar Park show, although my brother hates the word "cedar" this month.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
- Turnpike 3/11

- Sierra Ferrell 3/18 Heights Theater

- Tyler Childers 4/19 713 Music Hall
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Jim01 said:

I'd like to see Tyler Childers at 713 but every time I look at tickets I get angry and think "F him" because they are very overpriced for an artist at his level, IMHO.

From a face value perspective? Cause that show sold out pretty quick.
KidDoc
AG
2023 is looking like awesome year for me!

1/28- Flock of Seagulls + Strangelove (depeche mode tribute) in Houston
March 2-10 80s cruise out of LA- Brett Micheals, Devo, many more- The 80s Cruise - The Ultimate 80s Part
April 8- Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks in Dallas
November 5-10 The Sands Rocks in Cancun- Night Ranger, Dee Snyder, many more - THE SANDS 2023: THE BEST WEEK OF YOUR LIFE! - The Sands

I'm sure I'll add some more local shows as summer rolls in.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcasey03
AG
Chris stapleton in March
Metallica in august
Goldie Wilson
HighwaterFest in April in Charleston. Specifically for Beck, Wilco, and Shovels & Rope, but looking forward to a lot of the other artists as well.
CrystalLakeAgbu
Have tickets so far for

Kevin Fowler @ Freiheit's
Muse and Evanescence at Moody's Feb 28
Cody Jinks at HLS&R and Waco
Tyler Childers in Irving
Blackberry Smoke at Floores in April
Reckless Kelly at Stubb's in August.
Zach Bryan in Houston (just purchased 4 tix on 2/15)
Rodney Crowell, Gruene Hall in June
Aaron Lewis accoustic at Floores
Cody Jinks in Deadwood SD
Shane Smith and the Saints at Whitewater.
Aaron Lewis at Round Rock
Highway 30 Fest in Ft Worth
U2 @ The Sphere
Cody Jinks-Vegas

Still have Cody Jinks in Vegas and someone mentioned Pearl Jam ticket prices being reasonable (08/07/23)

Will also make a Zach Bryan show somewhere and another Cody Jinks if he is close to home and will pick a few Whitewater and Gruene shows this year.

***edit to add info as it happens.
bluefire579
AG
All my shows I've got planned so far are HLSR. Have tickets already for Cody Jinks, will probably catch Turnpike as well, plus Reckless Kelly at cookoff.
LMCane
I have tickets to Kenny Chesney in Pennsylvania in a few months
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

HighwaterFest in April in Charleston. Specifically for Beck, Wilco, and Shovels & Rope, but looking forward to a lot of the other artists as well.
I saw Shovels & Rope at Red Rocks.

They're ... interesting for sure.
Sazerac
AG
Childers 713 sold out from scalpers (probably ticketmaster themselves) and bots.
If I find reasonable tix last minute I'd like to go, but F Ticketmaster.
agdoc2001
AG
Colter Wall on Saturday
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Old School Brother
Ducks4brkfast said:

Goldie Wilson said:

I saw Shovels & Rope at Red Rocks.

They're ... interesting for sure.
Did you see them at the Turnpike show last year? I was there too. I've liked Shovels & Rope for a while after watching their Tiny Desk concert. First time I'd seen them live. I don't like all their songs, but a lot of them are good. Interesting idea, kind of a folk/bluegrass White Stripes.
Jim01
AG
Yes, face value was like $175 a ticket for GA. Nuts for him IMHO based off other acts I've seen at that exact venue that I would put at his level or even higher.
Sazerac
AG
I like Shovels and rope quite a bit, but for a live show you need to see them in a small venue. They are not built to put on a big stage show.
Old School Brother
Sazerac said:

I like Shovels and rope quite a bit, but for a live show you need to see them in a small venue. They are not built to put on a big stage show.
Agreed. I'd like to see them somewhere like the Kessler.
goadius6
AG

Wife and I are planning to go to Dead&Co at Wrigley

Do you have tickets yet? where are your seats?

Right now planning on going to see
Margo Price w/ Daniel Donato at Granada next month
Big Wild in April at Southside
Jim01
AG
I have a ticket for the first night in the pit. Got lucky when they went on sale and decided to splurge. I think it was like $250 retail.

For the second night I'm just kind of keeping my eye on secondary to snatch something more affordable.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
F Ticketmaster indeed. And on secondary, after service fees ($52 per ticket!) looks like you have to shell out over $200 per just to get in the door. I really want to go to this show but damn that seems ridiculous for GA.
goadius6
AG
Ya I think we will do one night in the Pit, trying to decide either N1 or N2. But will probably get seats for one night as well more so for my wife.
An L of an Ag
AG
Charlie Robison April 14th at 11th St Bar in Bandera.
Jim01
AG
This x 1000!!!

I love Childers but part of me desperately hopes he walks on stage to a venue that's 1/3 full. Something needs to makes artists and Ticketmaster wake up. Something has to change. I love going to concerts, but F this. I'll support smaller bands like The Backseat Lovers playing Bayou for $50 total (including fees) or Built To Spill playing White Oak for $33.50 total (including fees).
goadius6
AG
An L of an Ag said:

I thought Charlie had to retire from singing due to his vocal chords or something?
CrystalLakeAgbu
goadius6 said:

An L of an Ag said:

I thought Charlie had to retire from singing due to his vocal chords or something?
He is making a comeback. We saw him in Seguin right before Thanksgiving and he was rusty, but it was good to have him back out there. It was just at the start of his small tour and when someone yelled something about Gruene Hall, he said that he would get back there soon. So, it sounds like he is making a go of it.
StinkyPinky
AG
Anyone else applauding Metallica for their smart marketing for their tour and the bright yellow background. You can see it everyone on the Web and noticeable a mile away with that color. They're on top of their branding game.
CoppellAg93
AG
Hoping to catch Eric Church with Midland and Ray Wylie Hubbard in Dallas in July - of course it's outside though .

Edit: Got tickets. - God I hate Ticketmaster and their fu**ing fees !
spadilly
S
2023 plans so far:

Inhaler at White Oak Music Hall
Ed Sheeran at NRG (taking Mrs. Spadilly)
DMB on their annual Woodlands stop in May?
Hopefully Jimmy Buffett tours again…

I'm really tempted to fly somewhere to see the Death Cab/Postal Service 20 year tour. Both those albums were in constant rotation for me when they came out, but I'm just not sure I want to spend the money. Seems like chasing nostalgia by overpaying is always a diminishing return.
Wish they had (or will soon announce) a show or two in or near Houston, but my hope is fleeting.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Jim01 said:

-A new thread to store concert talk from here to eternity instead of having year specific threads.

For my 2023 calendar the only tickets I have so far are:
- Taylor Swift @ NRG
- Dead & Company @ Wrigley.

Other things I'm looking at but haven't bought yet:
- Built To Spill @ White Oak 4/17
- The Backseat Lovers @ Bayou Place 5/19
This should be great. One of the best three days of my life was Fare Thee Well at Soldier Field and we kicked off day 1 with our first ever trip to Wrigley for a day game.

Right now all I've got are the two Billy Strings shows in Austin June 2nd and 3rd. Depeche Mode in San Antonio is heavily on my radar for April 2nd but ticket prices are flat out ridiculous. Face value semi-decent seats are $600+.

ETA: Do have Dead & Co on the calendar for Dallas May 26th.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Back to back Billy Strings shows definitely checks out with your admiration of bluegrass.
goadius6
AG
oh yes, i'll be at D&C in Dallas as well obviously.
CrystalLakeAgbu
CanyonLakeAgbu said:

goadius6 said:

An L of an Ag said:

He is making a comeback. We saw him in Seguin right before Thanksgiving and he was rusty, but it was good to have him back out there. It was just at the start of his small tour and when someone yelled something about Gruene Hall, he said that he would get back there soon. So, it sounds like he is making a go of it.
As a follow up here, Charlie Robison will be playing Gruene Hall in early May.
62strat
AG
Wow.

I'd totally go see her, but I'm sure I'll have to pay $250 ea just to get nosebleeds. So.. I guess not.

Not touring a new album, strictly a greatest hits tour. Don't know if she's ever done it. Looks like her previous tours in 2019 and 2012, 2008 and 2006 were all in support of new albums, and they took up a big chunk of setlist. (like 9-10 songs)

https://www.madonna.com/tour

Legacy members of Madonna's Official Fan Club will have a pre-sale opportunity beginning on January 17 at 12 p.m. ET through January 18 at 5 p.m. ET for all North America based shows and from 9 a.m. GMT/ 10 a.m. CET to 5 p.m. GMT/ 6 p.m. CET on January 18 for U.K. and European shows.
THE CELEBRATION TOUR NORTH AMERICAN DATES:
Sat Jul 15 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Tue Jul 18 Seattle, WA Climate Pledge Arena
Sat Jul 22 Phoenix, AZ Footprint Center
Tue Jul 25 Denver, CO Ball Arena
Thu Jul 27 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
Sun Jul 30 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Wed Aug 02 Cleveland, OH Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
Sat Aug 05 Detroit, MI Little Caesars Arena
Mon. Aug 07 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
Wed Aug 09 Chicago, IL United Center
Sun Aug 13 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
Sat Aug 19 Montreal, QC Centre Bell
Wed Aug 23 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Thu Aug 24 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Wed Aug 30 Boston, MA TD Garden
Sat Sep 02 Washington, DC Capital One Arena
Tue Sep 05 Atlanta, GA State Farm Arena
Thu Sep 07 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena
Sat Sep 09 Miami, FL Miami-Dade Arena
Wed Sep 13 Houston, TX Toyota Center
Mon Sep 18 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
Thu Sep 21 Austin, TX Moody Center ATX
Wed Sep 27 Los Angeles, CA Crypto.com Arena
Wed Oct 04 San Francisco, CA Chase Center
Sat Oct 07 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena

THE CELEBRATION TOUR EUROPE DATES:
Sat Oct 14 London, UK The O2
Sat Oct 21 Antwerp, BE Sportpaleis
Wed. Oct. 25 Copenhagen, DK Royal Arena
Sat Oct 28 Stockholm, SE Tele2
Wed Nov 01 Barcelona, ES Palau Sant Jordi
Mon Nov 06 Lisbon, PT Altice Arena
Sun Nov 12 Paris, FR Accor Arena
Mon Nov 13 Paris, FR Accor Arena
Wed Nov 15 Cologne, DE Lanxess Arena
Thu Nov 23 Milan, IT Mediolanum Forum
Tue Nov 28 Berlin, DE Mercedes-Benz Arena
Fri Dec 1 Amsterdam, NL Ziggo Dome

Video has VERY NSFW language

62strat
AG
Crazy, I had no idea, she really hasn't toured that much! Roughly 400 shows in the US in 40 years.

Compare to someone like Metallica who did 400 shows from 1989 to 1992, even though during that time period they spent 10-11 months on writing and recording an album.

Per setlist.fm;

Madonna has only played once in dallas since 1990, and 3 stops in Houston since 1990, and only one show in austin, in 1985. Even a city like Chicago has only had her come through 11 times sine her career began.

Jim01
AG
I think Eric Andre hit it on the head "this is kind of like sad and gross" lol

Still might be a wild concert though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.