Who is your favorite and least favorite Big Bang Theory character and why?

5,565 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bert is one of the better less common characters.
lethalninja
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1194461/Big-Bang-Theory-Barry-Kripke-speech-impediment-real-John-Ross-Bowie-actor/amp
BoydCrowder13
BoydCrowder13
double aught said:

Penny is so fine.

But get ready for all the posters who are gonna let you know how superior they are because they think Big Bang Theory sucks.

Big Bang Theory sucks
lethalninja
Why does it suck? Or are you just going to leave it at that like the other guy who said it sucks?
Charlie Conway
it sucks because it's a shallow sitcom and tries to make people laugh by being quirky and weird

except it isn't funny
aggie_wes
AG
Charlie Conway said:

it sucks because it's a shallow sitcom and tries to make people laugh by being quirky and weird

except it isn't funny

This. It tries too hard to be clever and it isn't. Also laugh tracks are the worst thing ever.
Charlie Conway
aggie_wes said:

Charlie Conway said:

except it isn't funny

This. It tries too hard to be clever and it isn't. Also laugh tracks are the worst thing ever.
It doesn't even try to be clever, it just says something weird and nerdy and inserts a laugh track to tell you that you should laugh too
LMCane
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

#1 Amy Farrah Fowler - great, lovable character that allowed the show to have Sheldon change organically. Really think she was cast so well and made Sheldon bearable. After a couple of seasons, his self centeredness was hard to watch and using her to soften his edges and bring some humanity was a smart move and done well.

#2 Wil Wheaton - like a scalpel. Surgical precision on his utility in the show and it's like watching Paul Rudd on Conan. The joke isn't so much the punchline (because you already know what's going to happen) but how the writers get there.

fun fact: Mayim Bialik has a PHD in neuroscience from UCLA
cruiserag2020
lethalninja said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1194461/Big-Bang-Theory-Barry-Kripke-speech-impediment-real-John-Ross-Bowie-actor/amp

Appreciate the background.

Still hate that it's fake and I can't get past the contrived vulnerability. For me they don't mesh the witty zingers and his vulnerability. Just never comes across well for me.
BoydCrowder13
lethalninja said:

Why does it suck? Or are you just going to leave it at that like the other guy who said it sucks?

It is a CBS sitcom in the 2010s. Which is already a bad sign. Basically anything put out by CBS in the past decade has been garbage. Not funny. Laugh track.

The great comedy shows of the last 20 years were:

The Office
Parks and Rec
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Good Place
Veep

Honorable mentions for Curb, Brooklyn 99, Modern Family, Community
lethalninja
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a649499/bazinga-21-awesome-facts-you-might-not-know-about-the-big-bang-theory/

The URL says 21 facts, but it's actually twenty
jokershady
AG
Most favorite: Professor Proton. Bob Newhart can make anything funny and his demeanor is perfect for this show. I think he was only in 4 or 5 episodes but each one is amazing because of him.

Least favorite: Priya Koothrapali. Terrible character who cheats on Leonard and was also poorly written out of the show. She sucks.
lethalninja
Leonard cheated on her as well, but he felt more guilty about it than she did.
Madmarttigan
AG
I love when people argue about what you are allowed to laugh at. It's almost more subjective than music tastes.

I've watched most of the comedy favorites listed above and like most of them, but I like BBT too. Never watched Veep and Curb but do like everything on that list except Arrested Development.

IASIP is the GOAT though.
Formerly tv1113
MRB10
AG
Agree with all of these except Always Sunny. Never understood the appeal.
BoydCrowder13
Pepper Brooks said:

To each their own. Sunny isn't always perfect but if you've got a slightly perverse funny bone, they have got some all time great episodes and characters.
Lathspell
AG
I can watch The Big Bang Theory, turn off my brain, and be entertained. However, there is an obvious lack of quality to the show that some of my favorite sit-coms had. I guess it seems like the actors are acting like they're in a sitcom, versus just being actors in a sitcom, if that makes any sense.
EclipseAg
AG
aggie_wes said:

Charlie Conway said:

except it isn't funny

Laugh tracks -- or sitcoms taped in front of a live audience with an audio sweetener -- don't bother me. Always surprises me how much people hate them.
BenFiasco14
AG
I fell off of the show towards the end, but remember the Wil Wheaton episodes very well. Those were always nails. Wheatons definitely the best recurring "guest" on the show as a separate category.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
I vote for Howard's mom.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Saxsoon
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I vote for Howard's mom.

Hoooowaaaard
Charlie Conway
EclipseAg said:

aggie_wes said:

Charlie Conway said:

except it isn't funny

Laugh tracks -- or sitcoms taped in front of a live audience with an audio sweetener -- don't bother me. Always surprises me how much people hate them.
It's not specifically the laugh tracks or the studio audiences that annoy people, this video does a good job of why people are sick of laugh tracks though

imjustsayin
AG
Two pages in and not a single picture of Kaylee Cuoco "Penny"?

Honestly, what's happening?
lethalninja
https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/Penny/Gallery_-_Herself

This has a bunch of pictures of her

Some Penny facts: Her full first name is possibly "Penelope" as implied by "The Barbarian Sublimation", as her username was "Queen Penelope." She was unknowingly married to her ex-boyfriend Zack Johnson for three years, so her name could include "Johnson." That marriage was finally annulled in "The Thanksgiving Decoupling".

In "The Robotic Manipulation", Sheldon calculates that Penny dated an estimate of 193 (plus or minus 8) men and had relations with approximately 31 of them.

In "Pilot," Penny claims to be a vegetarian, but will eat fish and the occasional steak.

In the count of the number of proposals to each other, Penny has three, Leonard has three through the time they got engaged.

Penny has been seen naked by three of the boys, Leonard, Sheldon and Raj in the series. Howard is the only person who never sees her naked.

Penny believes in psychics, ghosts, astrology, voodoo and other 'superstitions', but not healing crystals.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
EclipseAg said:

aggie_wes said:

Charlie Conway said:

except it isn't funny

How else would you know their intellectual superiority if they didn't tell you?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Buck Turgidson
Sheldon has to be my favorite - he's the point of the show. All of his cumulative nueroses are the main part of the show.

As far as least favorite, I hate that weird ******* with the speech impediment.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.