Who is your favorite and least favorite Big Bang Theory character and why?

5,532 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sheldon Cooper
Leonard Hofstadter
Penny
Howard Wolowitz
Rajesh "Raj" Koothrappali
Bernadette Rostenkowski
Amy Farrah Fowler
Priya Koothrappali
Leslie Winkle
Mrs. Wolowitz
Halley Wolowitz
Stuart Bloom
Wil Wheaton
Beverly Hofstadter
Mary Cooper
Missy Cooper
Georgie Cooper
Mrs. Fowler
Larry Fowler
Bertram "Bert" Kibbler
Barry Kripke
Arthur Jeffries (Professor Proton)
Emily Sweeney
Deaf Emily
Stephanie Barnett
Ramona Nowitzki
Elizabeth Plimpton
Lucy
Claire
Zack Johnson
or other
lethalninja
If you want, you can list multiple favorite and least favorite characters instead of just one favorite and one least favorite.
double aught
AG
Penny is so fine.

But get ready for all the posters who are gonna let you know how superior they are because they think Big Bang Theory sucks.
lethalninja
Why would they think it sucks? Also, pun time: you're Cuoco (looks like c*ckoo) for Kaley. It's dumb that it censors the word, cause c*ckoo is an actual word, but it doesn't like the first four letters.
agdoc2001
AG
Lucy is the worst. Hated her as the gooch on scrubs too.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lethalninja
"I have to go to the bathroom." She said that twice, so she can't even come up with new excuses.
CajunAg97
AG
I actually never watched Big Bang, and recently discovered Young Sheldon....and Meemaw is by far my favorite

In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
lethalninja
The Big Bang Theory is better. They're both on HBO.
An L of an Ag
AG
Never watched it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think Young Sheldon is better than BBT.
lethalninja
Why do you say that?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
#1 Amy Farrah Fowler - great, lovable character that allowed the show to have Sheldon change organically. Really think she was cast so well and made Sheldon bearable. After a couple of seasons, his self centeredness was hard to watch and using her to soften his edges and bring some humanity was a smart move and done well.

#2 Wil Wheaton - like a scalpel. Surgical precision on his utility in the show and it's like watching Paul Rudd on Conan. The joke isn't so much the punchline (because you already know what's going to happen) but how the writers get there.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Oh and am waiting for the eventual bashing of the Big Bang Theory that this thread will probably evolve into. I'll admit that I enjoyed this show. It's the equivalent of empty calories and top 40 pop music but it's enjoyable and Chuck Lorre did a good job of developing these characters organically and having them all be very different, for the better, from their initial iterations and introductions while still keeping true to the personality of the character that he originally created.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
Hated Lucy and Raj's girlfriend/fianc/wife?? In the later years (stopped watching but she was annoying af).

Loved the main characters and Zach was dumb but funny.
hunter2012
AG
The whole Zach Vegas wedding/Thanksgiving divorce was a great episode, between drunk Sheldon bonding with Howard's FIL and Zach himself coming to sign the shotgun wedding divorce papers was hilarious.
GoAgs92
AG
Stuart Bloom is the winner. Always good lines.

aggie_wes
AG
All of them, because the show sucks.
lethalninja
Why do you think it sucks?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
aggie_wes said:

All of them, because the show sucks.
EclipseAg
AG
I liked Penny and Leonard.

Sheldon's weirdness could be funny at times but I can't stand "Young Sheldon."
lethalninja
Young Sheldon is kind of boring.
Madmarttigan
AG
As much as people like to crap on it, I have rarely seen a series end so well with the final episode. It was done perfectly.
lethalninja
Monk has a good season finale.
EastSideAg2002
Professor Proton was nails and I never was into Bob Newhart.
fat girlfriend
That's a dumb show about smart people. Watch Community. It's a smart show about dumb people.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Or watch Silicon Valley….a smart show about smart people.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
So where does 'How I Met Your Mother' fit into those three categories?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Or watch Silicon Valley….a smart show about smart people.

That eventually turned into a dumb show.
lethalninja
I've seen Community, but I like The Big Bang Theory better.
batchuser
BenTheGoodAg said:

So where does 'How I Met Your Mother' fit into those three categories?

I remember how everyone on here abbreviated it as himym. There is some grafitti tagger in Houston with the initials Hoym or something along those lines. Anyway when I see those graffiti tags around town it makes me think of the show how I met your mother….which was trash by the way
MW03
AG
lethalninja said:

Why do you think it sucks?
oragator
Yeah that was always my problem with it. It tries to make itself out as smart on some level, but it isn't really at all. Just another typical network sitcom, and I haven't watched those in decades seemingly for the same reasons. It's more an indictment on what network TV is today comparatively than a shot at the show itself. Network TV basically died for me years ago. Because they srill rely on advertisers and have FCC restrictions, they are really limited in what they can push the boundaries on.
Jmo.
TexAgs91
AG
I love TBBT up though season 4. The comedy was pure gold. Season 5 is ok. At season 6 I didn't like it. With all the women on the show the hilarity of watching the guys in the first 4 seasons was gone and Raj had become an unbearable beta metro. It did start to get better in later seasons though and I thought it ended really well.

I watch Young Sheldon too. The other story lines are ok, but a lot of the time I'm thinking "isn't Sheldon the main character?" I wonder how they'll handle his dad dying. Seems like they're just about to the point in Sheldon's life when that happens now? Sad...
Fight! Fight! Fight!
lethalninja
His dad died when he was fourteen.
cruiserag2020
The worst character on BBT is the guy with the lisp. I've seen that guy in other shows without the lisp and it is so unnecessary for the show. Why did they feel the need to use that awful lisp?

It gets to me so much that I've started hating that guy for agreeing to do the character with the lisp
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.