Lines or jokes you didn't get in a movie

12,476 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rudyjax
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok...I originally saw this movie when I was 12 or 13 years old and have probably seen it 100 plus times.

I just bought Thriller on vinyl and Thriller always reminds me of ROTN.

I always thought they played this song because they were old. Heck, I only knew it from this movie, vacation, and Fletch.

Turns out it's an African-American spiritual song and one of the best-known Christian hymns. Originating in early oral and musical African-American traditions.

New layer to that joke just discovered today!

NoahAg
beanbean said:

I've always hated Al Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday about fighting and scratching for an inch. If you're fighting for an inch, you're going to go 3 and out and punting all the time. Plus, you can't rely on a ref to accurately spot the ball that was moved an inch.

Such a terrible casting decision too. Pacino as a football coach. Lol
Let's go, Brandon!
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I suspect the younger folks, not familiar with Johnny Carson, didn't fully appreciate the "here's Johnny" line in The Shining.
Rudyjax
AG
Just learned this last week….

So in Laverne and Shirley, the theme song starts with, "Schlemiel, schlimazel. Hasenpepper incorporated.

A Schlemiel is someone who spills soup and schlimazel is someone who gets soup spilled on them.

Both are Yiddish words.

Hasenpepper is rabbit stew. It's also not kosher.

Describes Laverne and Shirley perfectly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.