***** That 90's Show - Jan 19th on Netflix! *****

9,603 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Carlo4
northaustinaggie87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

Proud dad moment that I wanted to share with the TexAgs community, my daughter Callie is playing Leia Forman in the Netflix upcoming series, That 90's Show. Please check out the trailer on Netflix and please watch the show on Jan 19th!

You can also see the trailer on Instagram:
https://instagr.am/p/CljLHKjrTSP

Gig'em !!!

Oh, and if you are on Instagram, please give Callie a follow @calliehhaverda, thank you!
Urban Ag
AG
That's outstanding congrats!
javajaws
AG
Congrats man, trailer looks great - looks like she's nailing it.

Not sure how you are gonna handle all the people perving on her instagram account though!

I have some relatives on my wife's side who are/were Disney teen stars. Listening to some of their stories second hand you'll have a busy/rough time managing the family life and the added pressure such a life adds. Which if you aren't aware of already you probably will be soon! Best of luck to you'll!
Urban Ag
AG
This show is kind of special to me in a goofy nostalgic way. it started after my wife and I had been dating for about a year and kept on through our engagement the first five years of marriage and when our first kid was born. Remember watching it at the hospital one night. 70's show was just a turn off your brain and laugh good time with one of the best sitcom casts (IMO) there ever was. Had no idea this was even in the works.
The Collective
AG
Congrats. I'll check it out!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Can she put me in contact with Laura Prepon?
bluefire579
AG
Awesome for your daughter! Hoping this one turns out well, love seeing Red and Kitty back
Urban Ag
AG
bluefire579 said:

Awesome for your daughter! Hoping this one turns out well, love seeing Red and Kitty back
I don't like cats. Best case scenario, it still craps in your house
schmendeler
AG
From the trailer, it doesn't look like she or Topher are on it.
An L of an Ag
AG
Wow, congrats! Also wow, there's a That 90s Show!
halibut sinclair
schmendeler said:

From the trailer, it doesn't look like she or Topher are on it.

All of the original cast, except perv Masterson make guest appearances, including Tommy Chong.
northaustinaggie87
AG
Thanks everyone!

Java, thanks! We're bracing for all of it - especially the social media stuff!

Enemy, I don't have much pull. Okay, I have none.
Max Power
AG
That's awesome. That 70s Show was one of my favorites when it was on, I did a rewatch early in the pandemic and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. To me Red and Kitty are the best tv parents ever. Red reminds me of my dad, but you'd have to get rid of Red's humor and good nature to get to what it was like with my dad.
Claude!
He'll always be Clarence Boddicker to me.
schmendeler
AG
So that's what Gabe did when he left Texags
MookieBlaylock
AG
Finally someone that is a Hollywood insider on this board
northaustinaggie87
AG
Mookie… that may be a stretch
DallasTeleAg
Red Forman is the best TV dad. Fight me.

I'll check it out to see how the cast gels. The original just had such a fantastic cast with a lot of chemistry. Which year in the 90's is this show supposed to be set in? I always found it funny how That 70's Show starts in 1977... then takes 8 seasons to get to 1980 with several Christmases, Halloweens, and Thanksgivings in there. It's still one of my favorite shows and one I will go back to and rewatch. I especially always loved their Halloween and Christmas episodes.
northaustinaggie87
AG
Dallas...

I won't fight you on that, Red is an all-time great TV dad! The show is set in the summer of 1995, so they gave themselves a couple more years to work with
Rex Racer
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Red Forman is the best TV dad. Fight me.

I'll check it out to see how the cast gels. The original just had such a fantastic cast with a lot of chemistry. Which year in the 90's is this show supposed to be set in? I always found it funny how That 70's Show starts in 1977... then takes 8 seasons to get to 1980 with several Christmases, Halloweens, and Thanksgivings in there. It's still one of my favorite shows and one I will go back to and rewatch. I especially always loved their Halloween and Christmas episodes.
"Uh, oh, Dad... I think you have menopause."

Best line EVER.
Gigem314
AG
I'm definitely in! Loved the original. I like how they've chosen to go the 'Fuller House' route and continue the story.

'Leia' is of course the perfect name for Eric's daughter. And it's cool to hear the actress comes from an Aggie family! Hope it springboards her career.

Oh and...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In retrospect, it's crazy how successful the original cast was. Pretty much every one of them went on to huge success, even more so than the Big Bang Theory cast.
DallasTeleAg

New trailer for it. I do have to say, Kitty looks like she has barely aged. Granted, she's always looked middle-aged.

I would love for this show to be good, but I currently have very low expectations.
northaustinaggie87
AG
Hey Dallas, please give it a chance, I hope you are pleasantly surprised. All the new kids worked extremely hard and I personally believe it's going to be great. Granted, I am biased.
DallasTeleAg
Oh... i'll give it a chance. But hard work does not necessarily beat chemistry. The original cast had fantastic chemistry, just like the casts on most of my favorite sit-coms. But even so, we all saw how it dipped after losing Eric and Kelso. The dialogue in the trailer wasn't really impressing me, but we'll see.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Man...Wisconsin got a lot more diverse.
Rocagnante
AG
I'll definitely check it out. Looks good.
PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Oh... i'll give it a chance. But hard work does not necessarily beat chemistry. The original cast had fantastic chemistry, just like the casts on most of my favorite sit-coms. But even so, we all saw how it dipped after losing Eric and Kelso. The dialogue in the trailer wasn't really impressing me, but we'll see.
I'll say this, for whatever reason these trailers for shows will never give you a real idea of what the dialogue will be like. Its just bits from different episodes with no context.
northaustinaggie87
AG
With the series dropping on Netflix later tonight, thought I would do a shameless plug and ask everyone to please check it out!

In the meantime, some pics from the premiere last week...

DallasTeleAg
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Funny thing about the 90's and early 00's... I don't remember anyone talking about race. I felt we had gotten over all that crap, and remember just being friends with so many people in elementary/middle school/high school, never really even thinking about their race. Then the late 00's came and woke-ism/identity politics reared its ugly head.
ElephantRider
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Funny thing about the 90's and early 00's... I don't remember anyone talking about race. I felt we had gotten over all that crap, and remember just being friends with so many people in elementary/middle school/high school, never really even thinking about their race. Then the late 00's came and woke-ism/identity politics reared its ugly head.

Probably all depends on where you grew up. My hometown had a racist streak in the 90s/00s, and still does to a certain extent. It's always been known for it, and when I was in school some kids wore it like a badge of honor. "We're alright, 'cause we're all white"
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

You can thank Obama for that.

Back on topic. That 70s show is one of my favorites of all time. The nostalgia was fantastic but as mentioned earlier, the cast was just so damn perfect together.

Dallas…Blue dress next to your daughter. Is that..that's not Laura Prepon is it? That's very disappointing if so.

Can't wait to watch this!
northaustinaggie87
AG
Yes, that's Laura Prepon. How are you disappointed?
Rex Racer
AG
Excited to check it out! I hope your daughter's career goes great! She's off to a strong start.
Justin2010
AG
Was home sick from work today and I binged it. Honestly...I didn't hate it. There's a lot of good to work with.

I'm not technical... But man I hate the way it felt like a Disney Channel sitcom. 75% of the jokes didn't really land... So they just overused the laugh track... That was very annoying.

I'm sure OP's daughter is a great actress. But she and most of the kids felt miscast. That said...I think they would have done better with more episodes. 10 is just not enough for this kind of sitcom to really find it's rhythm.

The whole thing just felt so Disney... Production wise.

Things I did like: you definitely felt "the spirit" of That 70's Show... I'm not sure how to describe it besides that.

I liked that the cameos weren't *too* overdone. Kitty and Red still have it. They absolutely owned every scene they were in. As did Fez.

I think there is promise. If it's renewed, I hope it's for a 15-20 episode season 2. I think the actors and writers would really benefit from it.

I do hope it's renewed.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.