Neil Peart Memorial

1,163 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big Cat `93
PLUM LOCO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They have finally selected the artist for the Neil Peart Memorial at Lakeside Park in his hometown of St, Catherines, On.

Quote:

One sculpture, standing about 12 feet tall, will feature Peart as a young artist and poet circa the 1970s, holding a book and drumsticks, surrounded by sculptural elements bridging his entry to the band. The second will feature Peart in his later years, holding a small piece of his drum kit and offering his drumsticks to visitors.
Memorial
maroon barchetta
My guess is he would not have wanted this. Which means he will be upset wherever he is. Which means we will get haunted statues! Neil is still here!
jokershady
AG
WestGalvestonAggie
Rush rules!
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Everything else aside, those are absolutely incredible sculptures. Wow.
Rocagnante
AG
This is kind of cool:

"Sabian Cymbals will provide a few of Peart's old and damaged cymbals to be melted down and incorporated into the monument's features."

frenchtoast
I'm assuming this is the same Lakeside Park that inspired the song? Yep, just checked.
PLUM LOCO
AG
frenchtoast said:

I'm assuming this is the same Lakeside Park that inspired the song? Yep, just checked.

Correct!
Big Cat `93
AG
Yeah, he would be thoroughly embarrassed. That said, these are both great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.