Lego Thread

27,822 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ChipFTAC01
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Continuing down the rabbit hole of rediscovering and piecing together classic space sets. I've figured out I have unique pieces to an 80's police station and late 70's fire station too.

LandArchSA
AG
Oh man...I had that set too! Found it in my childhood closet years ago. Had the instructions but it was short several pieces. Alas, it got mixed in with my son's giant lego collection shortly after and that was that.
sburg2007
I've spent a year and a half going through my old collection that was mixed with my brothers (this was there's.) no clue what happened to all the baseplates but I picked this one up at a Lego shop in Fort Worth. $20 spent instead of a new set.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Just picked up a couple of 75332 AT-ST sets at Walmart. Saw them on the clearance aisle for $20 and looked them up. Lego still has them for $35, so I decided to get a couple. They were only $10 at the register.
CC09LawAg
Walmart is my go to if I'm looking for discounted sets just to up my piece count or get little sets for the kids for quick little builds. They always seem to be running deals on LEGO.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Oh man. Yes please.

Lego Concorde

Jack Thauer
AG
I have several sets that I am looking to sell. Mostly sealed and retired sets. Wife wants it out of the house. Would anyone here be interested? I can put together a complete list but here are some of the highlights:

Daughter and I were into building during COVID but had another kid and puppy, so not very feasible right now to bring them out and build. Plus nowhere to store them once built.

would be very fair and competitive on pricing - especially if multiple were bought. Looked up on brick link and took average sales price and then rounded down from there. Negotiable though.

75810 - The Upside Down (Stranger Things) ($325)
21311 - Voltron ($325)
71043 - Hogwarts Castle ($375)
75936 - Jurassic Park TRex (open box bags sealed) ($225)
42083 - Bugatti Chiron Technic ($325)
71040 - Disney Castle ($325)
43179 - Mickey and Minnie ($180)
42096 - Porsche 911 RSR Technic ($150)
10266 - NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander ($70)
21319 - Friends Central Perk
21418 - Tree House ($200) (retail is $250)
21315 - Pop Up Book ($60)
92177 - Ship in a Bottle ($80)
21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay ($300)
10262 - James Bond Aston Martin ($160)
75947 - Harry Potter - Hagrid's Hut ($40)
75958 - Beauxbatons Carriage ($40)
21108 - 2014 Ghostbusters ECTO-1 (used) ($60)
21309 - NASA Saturn V (used) ($60)
21321 - International Space Station (used) ($40)
21307 - Caterham Seven (used) ($60)
21317 - Steamboat Willie (used) ($60)
21046 - Empire State Building (used) ($60)
21030 - US Capitol Building (used) ($60)

Lots of MCU sets, used Speed Champion sets, etc

I also have a bunch of smaller Harry Potter sets that are still sealed. Will have to look those up later.
Jack Thauer
AG
^ also, any other places you would recommend to sell them?
Matsui
AG
I'm interested. But realistically how much are these worth? That really matters to me for these as I don't collect I just buy to build with my son. Can you put your asking price per set?
jeffk
AG
Which Speed Champions sets do you have?

Actually, it might be easier for me to just post the sets I'm looking for. These are all retired and larger sets, so I'd be surprised if you had them but worth a shot anyway.

from 2015: 75911, 75912, 75913
from 2016: 75876
from 2017: 75882, 75883, 75995
from 2018: 75889
jbanda
AG
What would you be willing to let the 71043 - Hogwarts Castle set go for?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jack Thauer said:

Bricklink is the best place to determine mv.
Jack Thauer
AG
Sorry don't have any of these.
Jack Thauer
AG
I'll work on it tonight and get back with you.
jeffk
AG
Thanks for checking!
Jack Thauer
AG
Retails for $470 ($510 after tax). I'd do $375 cash. This one is still in the Lego cardboard box (extra box that it's shipped in) and has never been opened).

jbanda
AG
I'll take it. Venmo?
Ornithopter
AG
I'd be interested in the Apollo V, Empire State Building, and Capitol. Do you have the instructions and all the pieces for them?
Jack Thauer
AG
I should, yes. Assembled at the moment need to take them apart.
Jack Thauer
AG
Good deal, where are you located? I can meet in CS, Houston, etc for face to face if that works instead of shipping. Unless you are out of state
Jack Thauer
AG
Email

thauer_24 at hotmail dot com
jbanda
AG
Apologies for the delay. Emailing you now.
wangus12
AG
I was really confused for a sec about how the Aston Martin was worth $160 when I bought it for $20 at Target last week. Didn't realized they'd downscaled it to a smaller model of only 300 pieces rather than 1300 pieces
jamesf
AG
Jack Thauer said:

Bricks & Minifigs will purchase used sets as well as bulk Lego bricks. They pay the most for fully assembled sets (or fully sealed). I'm not sure where you are located, but my friend owns the Sugar Land store, and they are good people.

https://bricksandminifigs.com/
Jack Thauer
AG
Replied to the email.
Scriffer
AG
Any interest in an unopened Speed Champions 2017 Mercedes AMG Petronas set? Was about to put it on ebay last night before I remembered this thread.

I also have the souvenir box and Saturday pass from COTA that came with it

jeffk
AG
Yes! But I doubt I can pay what you'd get on Ebay.
Moral High Horse
All I got:

sburg2007
Did you sell the Saturn v? Also would be interested in the Ecto 1.
Jack Thauer
AG
I actually had a house fire over thanksgiving weekend. Fire was well contained but smoke damage destroyed about half the contents of the home. Placed several sealed sets in the garage in totes now that the weather was cooler (and we were trying to clear space) but honestly not sure what's salvageable at this point. Sold the Hogwarts castle but will have to follow up later regarding the rest.
sburg2007
I'm so sorry. That is the absolute worst. I had that happen fresh out of college and lost a ton of stuff. I'm glad you and your family are ok because that's all that really matters. You seem to have a cataloged pretty well. Claim with insurance.

When you get settled and if you want, reach back out. I cleaned a bunch of my sets from soot and such.

Jack Thauer
AG
Will do thanks!
wangus12
AG
Anyone get anything good for Christmas? Wife got me the Collector's Edition X-Wing. Need to convince her to let me go all in and get the big Millennium Falcon. Could lead to a divorce though
Flashdiaz
AG
just buy it and when she questions you about it just tell her you didn't have time to discuss it as a committee.
wangus12
AG
I also have to figure where the hell I would display it and how.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.