Lego Thread

27,761 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ChipFTAC01
GrayMatter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Lego UCS Millennium Falcon is $100 off an Amazon. I pulled the trigger...
Pics or it didn't happen!
bbattbq01
AG
Bought the Eiffel Tower and lion knights castle on Sunday
schmendeler
AG
Who do we have to talk to to get a 3 foot Battleship Texas set made? I would buy it right now.
C@LAg
GrayMatter said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

the $100 off or the purchase of the set?
ABATTBQ11
AG
GrayMatter said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

aznaggiegirl07
AG
has anyone superglued their Lego sets together?
schmendeler
AG
You speak of the Kragle. He holds no power here.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
schmendeler said:

You speak of the Kragle. He holds no power here.
what does that mean?
schmendeler
AG
You need to watch The Lego Movie
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Takos (the S is silent)
Scriffer
AG
Any advice on what to do with this? Sealed Mercedes Team Gift from 2017 with what I assume it's VIP materials from the 2017 GP Race in Austin? Looking through, I think the race materials are incomplete.

Looks like the sets themselves are going for north of $1500 but none have the race set if that adds any value. Here's my reference on pricing, no idea if it's reliable or not

https://www.brickeconomy.com/set/75995-1/lego-speed-champions-mercedes-amg-petronas-team-gift-2017

jeffk
AG
OMG! I mean, I would love to add it to my Speed Champions collection, but honestly it's worth over $1k on the resale market and I can't give you that.

Edit - Lol, I just reread and see you know its value. I've seen one sell for $1700 on EBay in the past couple years.

How'd you come to have that?
sburg2007
I'll give you tree fitty.
Average Joe
AG
I have one of the older Millennium Falcon (set 7965) that I've been debating continuing to store or sell. I'm limited on display room, and would rather have the ultimate set of I'm going to give up the space. Not sure what it's worth, though.
sburg2007
Check bricklink.com
AJ02
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

I actually did with our daughter's when she was younger because I kept getting pissed at how she'd build them and then basically just let them fall to pieces everywhere without keeping track of them. This was when she was probably about 6-7. Some of the Lego "Friends" sets that I didn't really even like anyway, but still a lot of money for her to just be losing pieces everywhere.
C@LAg
AJ02 said:

aznaggiegirl07 said:

I actually did with our daughter's when she was younger because I kept getting pissed at how she'd build them and then basically just let them fall to pieces everywhere without keeping track of them. This was when she was probably about 6-7. Some of the Lego "Friends" sets that I didn't really even like anyway, but still a lot of money for her to just be losing pieces everywhere.
Could there be any more pieces?
Scriffer
AG
My wife's CEO / Mentor thought it would be fun for our girls to put together. He doesn't exactly think and live like us normal people. Also my oldest was 3 at the time.

I even told him this was a legit collectors item, and he just kinda waved it off.

I wasn't sure if Brick Exchange is a reliable source, but I may list it on one of those and see what happens.
jeffk
AG
Ask him if he has any other rare sets he'd like to gift to me… you know, for my children.
StillNotAnAggie
In case y'all don't check the classifieds. One of y'all might be interested in this. We don't do Star Wars at my house.
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3374720
ABATTBQ11
AG
Just finished the ice castle set with my daughter. It's pretty awesome. There are some really great details in, though I'm sure it'll be destroyed in like 6 months. She did a great job building a lot of it and did a bunch of the staircase herself. Also the fountain and chandelier, which she was really excited about.
2girlsdad
My daughter turns 5 on Monday and that's one of her gifts. When she turned 4 we got the Disney castle and built it together. She actually did a lot of the build it took about 5 months to finish.

Since she's shown a lot of interest in Lego. I've gone off the deep end this year (like spending $6k deep end...). Actually have the Titanic in the mail as well as 2 grand pianos (one is a gift for a friend).

True about men, just boys with more money.
sburg2007
That's awesome. My about to be 7 year old has gotten into Lego as well. Huge fan of the friends line.
jeffk
AG
Did you decide to sell that set?
ABATTBQ11
AG
2girlsdad said:

My daughter turns 5 on Monday and that's one of her gifts. When she turned 4 we got the Disney castle and built it together. She actually did a lot of the build it took about 5 months to finish.

Since she's shown a lot of interest in Lego. I've gone off the deep end this year (like spending $6k deep end...). Actually have the Titanic in the mail as well as 2 grand pianos (one is a gift for a friend).

True about men, just boys with more money.
2girlsdad
Just spent an other $700 since it was double VIP points...
sburg2007
I want your life.
AgRyan04
Not technically lego, but I finished this today....took me a few months with an hour here and an hour there

sburg2007
That thing hurt my fingers so much.
AgRyan04
No pain, no gain!

That was honestly why I could only work on it for an hour at a time. That's about how long it took for each step so it worked out OK.

on a side note, I was short about a dozen pieces so I substituted other colors. I'm sure it had something to do with the colors on the instructions being NOT very good. Brown and red, dark gray and black, and white and clear were nearly indistinguishable from one another in the instructions. I spent a lot of time looking at the box to try to figure some of them out.

Then I had a ton of pieces left over at the end. The QC was lacking. Also, wish they could have bagged it in order the pieces would be used, half the time I spent was finding the bricks for each step.

Leftover pieces
sburg2007
The BrxlZ aren't great. Before getting back into Lego, I built Kyle, Aggie helmet, att stadium, and amon Carter. Definitely more of a challenge.
sburg2007
Saving some classics circa 1980 or so out of the bin.

jeffk
AG
SPACESHIP!
Scriffer
AG
I haven't sold it yet. I figure a new account on one of those sites selling one like this probably gets flagged. And I don't feel like dealing with ebay.

If you or anyone here is interested, happy to talk.
jeffk
AG
I appreciate it, but can't afford to give you a fair price. Just curious!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.