Lego Thread

27,784 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ChipFTAC01
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's silly, but I reward myself for big academic accomplishments with a new set. Breaking them down and rebuilding them are excellent brain breaks for me.
Mathguy64
AG
Baby Groot.

AustinAg2K
Mathguy64 said:

Baby Groot.

That's what my daughter got for Christmas from my mom. My mom has no idea what it is.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My wife got me this knock off lego of Liverpool's stadium fir my birthday a month ago. It's been a bear. 4 weeks later (admittedly atop/start) and I'm only 6 bricks high. It's made me really appreciate both the quality of Legos bricks as well as their instructions.

There also are two different shades of tan and two different shades of light gray which are virtually indistinguishable in the instructions.

Will be cool when it's done but it's been a....process.
jeffk
AG
Does it have an expansion set to add the new stands addition?
ChipFTAC01
AG
And while helpful that it indicates that translucent pieces are "clear" I just realized that it refers to both shades of translucent as clear with no distinction.
ChipFTAC01
AG
At the rate I'm going I might just decide that reflecting Anfield as it was in the 20s is good enough.
htxag09
AG
Random question but do any of the apps that you take pictures of your Legos with and it gives you builds with instructions work?

My son just turned two, he mainly plays with the duplo sets but still likes to get down my old childhood bucket to build a house, play with the boats, cars, etc. it's one of those large red buckets with an assortment of stuff and I've been getting more and more ads for the apps on social media….
AliasMan02
AG
Got the Bonsai Tree and Death Star Trench Run for Christmas. Gonna build the hell out of these.
ChipFTAC01
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Progress. Had to put it away for a few days for my terror of a nephew and the cleaning lady. Finally had a missing piece from the Big Box o' Legos. A single medium blue 1x1 plate. If that's the damage I'll be happy.

Never shared the completed Tower Bridge

jeffk
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Got the Bonsai Tree and Death Star Trench Run for Christmas. Gonna build the hell out of these.

The botanical and architectural sets are two of my favorite series. Both would make for some outstanding office decor.
BowSowy
AG
I got a similar set that was Kyle Field a few years ago. I finally gave up on it because putting together the same single square pieces over and over and over again was not fun at all.
jeffk
AG
This may be interesting to no one but myself, but the 2023 Speed Champions sets were announced earlier this week. Includes a Ferrari 812, Pagani Utopia, Porsche 963, and a two car McLaren set. Also they released a Skyline GTR (Brian's car from F&F) set yesterday that I apparently whiffed on. Now on backorder.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-speed-champions-march-2023-sets-revealed/
StillNotAnAggie
jeffk said:

AliasMan02 said:

The botanical and architectural sets are two of my favorite series. Both would make for some outstanding office decor.

My son got the botanical sets and Ship in a Bottle for Christmas and added a light kit. Let me take some pics and I'll share. They look great.
sburg2007
About a third of the way into the Delorean. It's been a good build so far.
K Bo
AG
That's my next one
sburg2007
Just finished the 5th bag. Usually only do one a night to make them last. So far it's been fun with some fun techniques especially for the wheels. How these folks come up with these things is beyond me.
torrid
AG
Hypothetically speaking if someone had $700 to burn, Titanic or Eiffel Tower?
ChipFTAC01
AG
torrid said:

They both are awesome. I think I'd go with the Eiffel if for no other reason that a much smaller footprint to display.
Drawkcab
Absolutely. Lego are damned expensive, but if you ever put together a knock off brand you'll know they're worth the price.

This reminds me of a thread from a few years ago where a student designed and built an Academic Building and some other campus building I think. It was really impressive. I'll try to find it. I'd pay a fair price for someone to do that with Kyle Field and make clear instructions. I've seen the knock off version, but not interested in that.

Found it. What do you know, I started the thread. No wonder I remember it so well. https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3041729

I also found about 3 threads people started to complain about the difficulty of the knock off Kyle.
sburg2007
I'd go titanic. I've read too many negatives about repetitiveness on the tower. I also think it's hard to display.
YouBet
AG
Your fault for bump on the Gen thread.
AgHawkeye
AG
My 10 year put together the new Lion Knights castle after Christmas. That thing is amazing.

Also, killing time on the internet check out this MOC that is meant to add on. It is also beautifully designed and would be so cool to have.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-130733/Campistron/moc-donjon-extension-for-10305/#details

Anybody have experience getting the light kits. Thinking of getting it to display the castle.
Mathguy64
AG
I got a Lego knockoff for Minute Maid Park. It took more than 6 hours and tweezers were my friend. I can't tell you how many 1x1 pieces there were. 1300 pieces and 19 steps several of which were only stickers. A level/step was normally 100+ parts. It often took longer to work/source the parts for a level than it did to build that level.

sburg2007
The brxlZ sets aren't awful. I have the Kyle field, att stadium, and Amon Carter (Tcu.) They're not Lego, but a different challenge.
StillNotAnAggie
Here is the ship in the bottle. I need to get better pics of the Bird of Paradise with lights.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
My son got the Loop Coaster for Christmas, and he just keeps asking/reminding me that I've never built a set this big before.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
torrid said:

For that kind of money, I'd at least consider the AT-AT but that may not be your thing. And that's pronounced "A-tee A-tee".
drmwvr
AG

Moe Jzyslak
AG
Need to make some custom WS and AL Champion pennants for the light tower in LF
AliasMan02
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

torrid said:

For that kind of money, I'd at least consider the AT-AT but that may not be your thing. And that's pronounced "A-tee A-tee".

Pao disagrees on the pronunciation.
ChipFTAC01
AG
A month in to this stupid Lego and I turned it around for the first time. Oops
jeffk
AG
Dammit
torrid
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

torrid said:

Well, not knowing better I would pronounce it "at-at" like with the @ symbol. That alone says it would not be my thing. Still I cannot bring myself to spend that much on one of the other kits.
Pilmer
AG
When did retired Modular prices hit stratosphere? I've been steadily collecting them for ten years and went back to grab the couple before I started. It's at a bonkers price point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.